Compitent QBs in the league

SpecialK15

Since it's obvious that we are looking for a franchise QB, are there any in the league now that are on bad teams but could be a better fit in Buffalo? Chicago took a shot at Cutler, but look how that turned out. Denver sure got their money's worth with Orton under center. We need a young QB that could lead this team for years. Or should we turn to the draft for our next go at our QB of the future?

Since it's obvious that we are looking for a franchise QB, are there any in the league now that are on bad teams but could be a better fit in Buffalo? Chicago took a shot at Cutler, but look how that turned out. Denver sure got their money's worth with Orton under center. We need a young QB that could lead this team for years. Or should we turn to the draft for our next go at our QB of the future?

Good job citing an excellent example of how good and bad franchises beget good and bad QB play, then completely ignoring it in the very next sentence.

Good job citing an excellent example of how good and bad franchises beget good and bad QB play, then completely ignoring it in the very next sentence.

You knew it wasn't going to be a thought provoking post when the thread title had "compitent" in it.

I'm not saying Orton is a Denver's solution of a franchise QB by any means. Just that Orton has played well enough to make Denver a winning team for a trade that should have helped out Chi more in the short term.

And even worse look awhat CHI gave up (picks) for Cutler... CHI falling flat on theri face this year was real bad. DEN will get only better!

The Bears acquired him and a fifth-round pick in trade last April for Kyle Orton, two first-round picks and a third.

Wow... The Bears are screwed by not winning this year. <_<:ph34r:

Chad Pennington who will be a free agent is a more then competent QB when healthy (14-16th in the league) now the reason for his availability is his health BUT he is due for a healthy season and is worth a shot. He also seems like a great mentor type so even if we take a QB round one he can start and have the guy learn the system and learn from Chad. Other then Pennington I don't a available QB for this team that makes sense.

Chad Pennington who will be a free agent is a more then competent QB when healthy (14-16th in the league) now the reason for his availability is his health BUT he is due for a healthy season and is worth a shot. He also seems like a great mentor type so even if we take a QB round one he can start and have the guy learn the system and learn from Chad. Other then Pennington I don't a available QB for this team that makes sense.

Drafting Pennington as a mentor QB--which may be a role he was born to play--still involves grabbing someone for him to mentor. All leads us back to the draft. Luckily there are 3-4 decent guys coming up and only a couple teams looking for QBs ahead of us.

Drafting Pennington as a mentor QB--which may be a role he was born to play--still involves grabbing someone for him to mentor. All leads us back to the draft. Luckily there are 3-4 decent guys coming up and only a couple teams looking for QBs ahead of us.

If the priority in the draft is to grab a QB, then the team better carry six of them on the roster next year. That should be enough to get us through the season with this O-line.

If the priority in the draft is to grab a QB, then the team better carry six of them on the roster next year. That should be enough to get us through the season with this O-line.

My idea was to get Butler and Wood to come back from injury and draft a stud LT to join Hangartner and Levitre. Then draft a DT round 2. Then sign Pennington have Fitz be the backup and Brohm Pennington's student for the season. Also grab Derrick Johnson to bolster the front seven in free agency.

JP Losman played a full season as the 11th rated passer. I wouldn't be so quick to declare Denver the victor in that trade.

Pennington is done. What is this like 18 shoulder injuries? Seems like a smart guy who could be a good coach though.

Campbell to me is sort of interesting, although he has more Trent-like characteristics than I would like.

My idea was to get Butler and Wood to come back from injury and draft a stud LT to join Hangartner and Levitre. Then draft a DT round 2. Then sign Pennington have Fitz be the backup and Brohm Pennington's student for the season. Also grab Derrick Johnson to bolster the front seven in free agency.

I still think picking up McCoy would be a great idea. We finally have the opportunity to pick up a very promising prospect. Have Pennington mentor McCoy, keep Fitz and trade Brohm.

JP Losman played a full season as the 11th rated passer. I wouldn't be so quick to declare Denver the victor in that trade.

Pennington is done. What is this like 18 shoulder injuries? Seems like a smart guy who could be a good coach though.

Campbell to me is sort of interesting, although he has more Trent-like characteristics than I would like.

Pennington has been written off many times before I think he has a year or two left in the tank. Guy is professional and knows how to come back from an injury.

Pennington has been written off many times before I think he has a year or two left in the tank. Guy is professional and knows how to come back from an injury.

Yeah he is impossible to trash for those reasons. But he also needs certain pieces around him (which we don't have) to succeed and doesn't make plays on his own. Basically the complete opposite of a good fit for our particular team in a windy stadium to boot.

Yeah he is impossible to trash for those reasons. But he also needs certain pieces around him (which we don't have) to succeed and doesn't make plays on his own. Basically the complete opposite of a good fit for our particular team in a windy stadium to boot.

My idea is just to get a professional QB in here and settle this team down. Draft to bolster the lines (Which plays to Pennington or any QB's strengths) and Brohm can sit on the bench and maybe the new staff can see if they want him. If we can draft a top tier LT then next year we can draft a top QB (Who will be in a much better situation thanks to the better O-line).

I think getting stronger in the trenches and having a veteran QB works in Buffalo and has worked often in the NFL (The Fins did it 2 years ago).