"You don't lose your starting job to injury"

stevestojan

I always HATED that phrase "you don't lose your job to injury", meaning if you get hurt and some no-name comes in and shows you up while being your back-up, once healthy, you still go back in.

BULL - S#IT.

You think Belichick plays that way? Christ, the guy has a LB playing FB, and WR playing CB, etc, etc... He does what it takes to WIN...

Look at Pittsburgh ! Think Tommy Maddux had a shot at starting again? HA!

our team is so god-damn worried about hurting players feelings its sick... SICK. Anyway, I was just thinking about Trey Teague and Ross Tucker and getting pissed. Sorry about the vent.

I always HATED that phrase "you don't lose your job to injury", meaning if you get hurt and some no-name comes in and shows you up while being your back-up, once healthy, you still go back in.

BULL - S#IT.

You think Belichick plays that way? Christ, the guy has a LB playing FB, and WR playing CB, etc, etc... He does what it takes to WIN...

Look at Pittsburgh ! Think Tommy Maddux had a shot at starting again? HA!

our team is so god-damn worried about hurting players feelings its sick... SICK. Anyway, I was just thinking about Trey Teague and Ross Tucker and getting pissed. Sorry about the vent.

123887[/snapback]

I would agree in most cases. But there are exceptions. A couple of years ago, McNair missed 4 games, and Neil O'Donnell ran off 4 straight wins. When McNair regained health, he went back in.

BTW, I always liked O'Donnell. He qb'd Cincy for one year, and the fans ran him out of town because he threw very few long balls. What he was doing was exactly right for a very weak club - kept it close to the vest, pitching only 2 ints for the entire year.

Tommy "I have 3 chins" Maddux. Go back to selling whatever BS you were selling, cause you suck as a QB anyways.

123986[/snapback]

What do you have against Maddox? <_< He came out of nowhere and helped get the Steelers to the 2nd round of the '02 playoffs? In '03, the Steeler's OL fell into the toilet because of injuries.