White flags going up everywhere regarding the "certainty"

....and with Copenhagen coming up? What does that mean?

White Flag #1: The professor in England has stepped down pending investigation.

White Flag #2: The famous "hockey stick" professor at Penn State is under investigation.

White Flag #3: The main stream media is trying like hell to not report this story....but they are headed straight into Acorn pimp/hooker video land all over again. They are certainly not doing anything to discredit the story. If there was anything fishy about these emails, they would be all over it. The fact that they aren't is a pretty darn good indicator of its accuracy.

White Flag #4: I am still dumbfounded that ALGORE, inc., and the rest of his ilk haven't attempted to tell us that the emails were doctored. In fact, that angle died the day after the story came out. I have to think its because, for once, somebody got to these people before they opened their mouths and explained that, in the IT world, you don't doctor what you hack. Every hacker wants credit for the hack itself, and doctoring what you hack only serves to call the hack into question.

White Flag #5: Along the lines of #4, Barbara Boxer lamely tried to make the story about catching the hackers, instead of dealing with the emails themselves. Talking about arresting the hackers acknowledges that what they stole was valuable info, and therefore, accurate.

White Flag #6: The polls indicate that support for drastic measures such as cap and trade is dwindling. In fact, the economy has moved ahead of environmental concerns for the first time in years.

So I wonder:

1. What is it about these emails that everyone has stopped questioning their authenticity? So quickly? Besides the obvious: data in the headers, which could easily be faked, something has made it clear to all that these emails are legit. You don't launch investigations based on possible doctored info...unless your name is Dan Rather.

2. It seems like all of this is veeeeery convenient for the skeptical crowd. I wonder if there is something to that?

3. It seems no one expected much out of the meetings in Copehagen to begin with...now, the meetings seem like a complete waste of time. Especially when you consider the fact that the #1 polluter in the world is China, and #2 soon to be India, who want big $$$ from us to "fix" their pollution issues. Is there any point in talking about anything with anyone until the data from these scientists can be reviewed?