Something about the 'name' coaches out there.

DarthICE

I keep hearing from their 'inner circles' that they want to go somewhere with a good QB in place. Like today On The Dan Patrick show, The Bus, Jerome Bettis, Said that Cower told him that he would probably coach again. But, he said it would have to be a team that had a (good) "quaterback in place" .

Um I hate to break it to Shanahan, Cowher etal. teams with a good QB in place don't suck...so they won't be hiring a HC. The teams that will need them are teams with unsettled QB situations and need someone like them to build them back up.

Me thinks these clowns just expect to walk into a superbowl winning situation, not gonna happen.

I keep hearing from their 'inner circles' that they want to go somewhere with a good QB in place. Like today On The Dan Patrick show, The Bus, Jerome Bettis, Said that Cower told him that he would probably coach again. But, he said it would have to be a team that had a (good) "quaterback in place" .

Um I hate to break it to Shanahan, Cowher etal. teams with a good QB in place don't suck...so they won't be hiring a HC. The teams that will need them are teams with unsettled QB situations and need someone like them to build them back up.

Me thinks these clowns just expect to walk into a superbowl winning situation, not gonna happen.

Which is exactly why these guys may not be the best hire for the Bills. We need an organization, from the GM down, hell bent on building a winner, no matter how much work it takes. Sounds like these guys are looking for an easy ride to polish their hall of fame credentials.

PTR

Which is exactly why these guys may not be the best hire for the Bills. We need an organization, from the GM down, hell bent on building a winner, no matter how much work it takes. Sounds like these guys are looking for an easy ride to polish their hall of fame credentials.

PTR

I finally have to agree with you. Put me on the list that we need a top notch GM, new scouting staff and let him hire the HC and coordinators. I do want to see the 3-4 brought back though.

Good stuff. I will go to a team if the hard stuff is done. I mean, come on!! Kind of puts this whole thing in perspective though doesn't it?

The coaches, won't go unless a good scouting dept and FO already has a QB in place. The rest of it they are willing to do, and put the pieces together....maybe $10 mil per for that coach isn't a good idea.

What about Chicago, Houston and Dallas?

Romo, Cutler and Schaub are good QBs. They're not great QBs, ala Manning, Brees, and Brady. But they're good.

Don't know about Schaub so much, but Cutler and Romo are coach killers. Cutler, in fact, would be 2-2 in the last two years, and ironically enough Shanahan was his victim last year.

Don't know about Schaub so much, but Cutler and Romo are coach killers. Cutler, in fact, would be 2-2 in the last two years, and ironically enough Shanahan was his victim last year.

Schaub is decent, and they have Andre Johnson and Owen Daniels. But a coaching vacancy will depend on whether the Texans make the playoffs or not. As for Romo and Cutler, I agree with you. Romo is the reason Parcells quit on the Cowboys. They're leading their division and whether Wade stays depends on how far in the playoffs they get. Anything less than the 2nd of the playoffs and Wade is gone. Cutler's just a chump.