Texans bitten by celebration bug?

Beerball

Link

The Texans just stopped Joseph Addai for a four-yard gain on a short pass over the middle, as Dunta Robinson buried the running back just as he secured the ball after a bobble. So exciting was Robinson’s hit that the Texans were compelled to celebrate. When they did, Manning got the Colts offense at the line and ready and took full advantage.

When Jeff Saturday sent the shotgun snap to Manning, I (Paul Kuharsky) count nine of the Texans 11 defenders unprepared

oh those wily Colts, especially their QB...

comments from Kubiak:

I told them that it was an example of their team and our team at that point. We make a big play. We have a big hit and we should be excited. Everybody should be excited. That’s a great play, but you have to refocus. That’s your job, to make those plays. So you’ve got to go back and come make it again. Then you’re looking at a team, an 11-0 football team, one of their players gets the heck knocked out of them and nobody lost focus.

Guest dog14787
I am so tired of celebrations after EVERY tackle, no matter the situation. Every one wants to be noticed so they run to an open part of the field so all can see who made the play. It is out of control.

It is getting a little out of hand, but hey, its entertainment, and some folks get off on stuff like that including the players so no real harm done.

i remember that play:

addai runs a route across the middle, manning throws the ball to him. addai bobbles it, then manages to gather the ball before being blasted by dunta robinson.

robinson and a few other texans start hooting and hollering like the just won the super bowl, manning gets everyone hurried to the line and hits austin collie for a 31 yard pass ;)

I am so tired of celebrations after EVERY tackle, no matter the situation. Every one wants to be noticed so they run to an open part of the field so all can see who made the play. It is out of control.

When you said that I thought of Maybin. Every time I see him in he is celebrating after every play even though he is never the guy making the play. He is just in the vicinity.

It is getting a little out of hand, but hey, its entertainment, and some folks get off on stuff like that including the players so no real harm done.

It doesn't bother me much at all...until I see Joey Porter doing his dance and then I wish they'd stop that crap... until I see TO imitating Joey Porter's dance after a 51-yard TD and I remember that I really wish they'd do it more.

Honestly, who gives a crap. Good teams learn from mistakes either they made or others made. Remember when Dan Marino ran to the line against the Jets, motioning that he was going to spike it, and the Jets just stood around while he faked the spike and threw a TD to win the game? I'd wager most teams are consequently pretty cautious every time they see a QB signal a spike while they're running to the line. Hell, to this day I sit on my couch yelling "Watch the fake." Likewise I'm sure the Texans will never celebrate a big hit until they're off the field.

Schitt happens. You learn from it. Or you don't.

Me too. That's your job...to make a play. It's way out of control....nice to see that Manning was able to take advantage of the situation.