Good analysis of the challenges faced by the Bills in Toronto

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/foot...article1384967/ - well worth a read. The main points:

1. The Bills are not Toronto's team

2. The Bills have not been a competitive or exciting team

3. Non-marquee opponents

4. Playing games late in season

5. Flawed marketing strategy

6. Inability to recreate NFL experience in Toronto

7. Price versus proximity to cheaper tickets in Buffalo

Some good points, but IF the Bills were competitive, really competitive then the non-marquee opponent wouldn't matter as much, & playing a 'late' season game would actually add to the game, not detract from it.

Fix #2 and the rest don't really matter any more.

#5, 6 and 7, especially #7, are the biggest reasons IMO. If the Bills were better there would be more interest for sure, but Rogers killed his chances right off the bat by gouging people. They thought NFL games would become the luxury suite cocktail parties that Maple Leafs games have become, where business people pay stupid money to go to a game in their suits and then ignore the action.

But you know what? We still need Toronto money to buoy the Bills in the future so they need to figure out how to make it work.

PTR

Thanks for the link. It's a good article that makes solid points. If the Bills are sold to Rogers (I am not advocating this), I'm sure a new stadium will be part of the plan. If so, Rogers would be smart to build a domed stadium south of the city so that it is easily accessable from both Buffalo and Toronto. A regional name, a big tract of surrounding land to party on, preference for current ticket holders, etc. and it may be acceptable to all.

Not my first choice, but maybe the only practical way of keeping the team local.