(OT) So I'm going to the grocery store

USMCBillsFan

We're having a 10 mile march tomorrow which is a food drive for the young troops that can't afford a nice dinner. We march 5 miles and dump our 40 lbs of food from our packs and then jog the 5 miles back. Well anyway, I'm going into the commissary (grocery store on base) and what do I see? A throwback Sabres Perreoult (sp) jersey. Damn I miss hockey this year..... :rolleyes:

A throwback Sabres Perreoult (sp) jersey. Damn I miss hockey this year..... :rolleyes:

123492[/snapback]

Goal! Perrault!

How much was it?

123505[/snapback]

Not sure. He was heading to his car as I was pulling in. I about Rosened trying to get parked to catch up to him but I missed him. We need to go back to the old style uni's in hockey too.

Goal! Perrault!

How much was it?

123505[/snapback]

Not sure. He was heading to his car as I was pulling in. I about Rosened trying to get parked to catch up to him but I missed him. We need to go back to the old style uni's in hockey too.

123508[/snapback]

Ah, I thought it was for sale at the PX.

Oh the heady days of the French connection.

BTW, thanks for helping the troops.

123513[/snapback]

It's one thing I've always supported as much as I can. It's a shame to see young Marines with a wife and a few kids and they can't even afford to put a decent meal on the table for Thanksgiving. I buy a lot for Toys for Tots as well. Please support that program if you can. It's VERY appreciated by these young Marines and their families.

It's one thing I've always supported as much as I can. It's a shame to see young Marines with a wife and a few kids and they can't even afford to put a decent meal on the table for Thanksgiving. I buy a lot for Toys for Tots as well. Please support that program if you can. It's VERY appreciated by these young Marines and their families.

123517[/snapback]

Too bad Congress generally votes themselves ridiculously large raises instead. Always a pet peeve of mine.

The upside: according to a recent briefing I saw, there are some serious changes being made to military pay and allowances.

Too bad Congress generally votes themselves ridiculously large raises instead.  Always a pet peeve of mine.

The upside:  according to a recent briefing I saw, there are some serious changes being made to military pay and allowances.

123523[/snapback]

Yeah, :I starred in Brokeback Mountain: Congress. That's another reason why I'm republican. They pay the military much much better than the democrats do. Don't bash me all you democrats, there are other reasons too but it's not a political post.

123517[/snapback]

Yes, I usually do. They collect TFT on the train, after Thanksgiving.

We usually put put together a diner (minus the turkey) at the Church. The church buys the Turkeys and delivers them to the needy, a lot of which are the local young troops, in the Quantico area.

Of course I don't run anymore so forget the 10 miler. :rolleyes:

Yes, I usually do.  They collect TFT on the train, after Thanksgiving. 

We usually put put together a diner (minus the turkey) at the Church.  The church buys the Turkeys and delivers them to the needy, a lot of which are the local young troops, in the Quantico area. 

Of course I don't run anymore so forget the 10 miler.    :D

123532[/snapback]

Thank you for that. And trust me. 3.5 years and I won't be running much anymore either. :rolleyes:

We're having a 10 mile march tomorrow which is a food drive for the young troops that can't afford a nice dinner. We march 5 miles and dump our 40 lbs of food from our packs and then jog the 5 miles back. Well anyway, I'm going into the commissary (grocery store on base) and what do I see? A throwback Sabres Perreoult (sp) jersey. Damn I miss hockey this year..... :D

123492[/snapback]

Your lucky....when I used to go into the BX (Base Exchange....The Air Forces Wallmart) I couldn't find any bills gear...:rolleyes:

I do miss the Commissary....good prices