LOST...Season 6

duey

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can anyone explain why Farady has no british accent? Or why he was crying when he saw the plane? Was he stuck in a loop? Is he really Eloise's? I don't think that it was him she was pregnant with in '77 in"The Variable" because if it was that would mean he was only 18 in 96 when Desmond found him as a professor at Oxford of all places...

Just some Farady thoughts for today.

Can anyone explain why Farady has no british accent? Or why he was crying when he saw the plane? Was he stuck in a loop? Is he really Eloise's? I don't think that it was him she was pregnant with in '77 in"The Variable" because if it was that would mean he was only 18 in 96 when Desmond found him as a professor at Oxford of all places...

Just some Farady thoughts for today.

We assume that he was crying b/c some part of him connected a very sad outcome of which this was beginning. Whether this was for his role only (being the sacrificial lamb for his mother preserving the timeline) or if there's something more to the story... such that Smokey = Faraday's consciouness as Doc Jensen started to theorize last week. Read my last post on page 15 of this thread that expounds on that idea.

I mean... why did Widmore keep Theresa going all these years? Paying for her medical bills, 24-hour care, etc.? She's important. As an addendum to the post linked above, some are theorizing that she is behind the locked door on the submarine. Theresa would be an ace up Widmore's sleeve in any negotiation if indeed Faraday's consciousness is the monster.

He is Eloise's son, by Charles Widmore. That's never been called into doubt. The production crew did all they could to Jeremy Davies to make him (and Henry Ian Cusik as Desmond) look younger in the '96 flashback. They gave Faraday long hair. He also had a line in the Thai restaurant with Eloise re: 'Haven't I done enough? I'm the youngest PhD graduate in Oxford's history....' and such. So, yes. The implication is that he was ridden hard to learn and get to where he needed to be... by what some might call a "crazy mother."

FWIW, there's another theory that Desmond is behind the locked door on Widmore's sub.

And, "Eloise Hawking" would be a great name for your next female canine. I believe we're going to be getting a standard poodle (note: not the "toy" breed) in the next few months. Alternately, I'm planning on "Ruff Ruffman" (from the PBS Kids show "Fetch!") for a male. I'm preferential for a male (they just have better attitudes / easier to train), but being able to call out to "Eloise Hawking" would be totally kick-ass.

Do any of the other character's names really translate to dog names? "Ben Linus" is a 'Mehhh....' in my book. But I can't think of any others offhand.

FWIW, there's another theory that Desmond is behind the locked door on Widmore's sub.

And, "Eloise Hawking" would be a great name for your next female canine. I believe we're going to be getting a standard poodle (note: not the "toy" breed) in the next few months. Alternately, I'm planning on "Ruff Ruffman" (from the PBS Kids show "Fetch!") for a male. I'm preferential for a male (they just have better attitudes / easier to train), but being able to call out to "Eloise Hawking" would be totally kick-ass.

Do any of the other character's names really translate to dog names? "Ben Linus" is a 'Mehhh....' in my book. But I can't think of any others offhand.

Jack is a great name, and especially for any type of Shephard dog!

Hurley would be great for plenty of happy, fat dogs.

A posting from Doc Jensen...

... it’s like he’s trying to figure out which brain to use, or which set of memory files he possesses to draw from in order to say exactly the right thing to push people down the path he wants them to take. And what path is that? Why, death, of course! FLocke wants all the castaways to die or kill each other because then he can absorb their souls into him. And when he leaves The Island, something magical will happen: all those souls will be released and they’ll flow into their Sideways bodies, where they can all live happily ever after in Weird World Los Angeles, where they all know each other and they can all be one big happy family. (Except for Sayid. Poor Sayid: I’m thinking that when he stabbed FLocke in the heart, the magic that occurred there was that Sayid got his soul BACK. And he’s feeling the pain of reunion — and perhaps eternal guilt.)

Think of Smokey as Noah’s Ark. Think of Smokey as… Being John Malkovich. Remember when Sawyer told Kate they were going to get off The Island on the sub? He was right! They are going to take “the sub” — as in Substitute John Locke!

Good read, as usual. And plenty of spaghetti strings thrown on the wall.

I do concur with his sentence:

Perhaps I should spend less time looking outside of Lost for insight and more time looking within the show for insight.

Comes a week later (not blaming. Didn't see it myself), but a great catch of "Recon" being analogous to "The Other Woman." Spot on.

I saw that photo, is that Dogen's knife?

Well, there's the micro-spoiler. Probably would've been best to put that in yellow-font for those who want to stay LOST-pure.... Looks like it. I think we all suspected there was some other significance to the knife than it just being Dogen's. What its purpose or power is, however, is still to be determined. Sayid's attempt didn't seem to do diddly. Perhaps only a certain person (the chosen candidate?) can kill(?) Smokey/MIB with it. So, with almost every question about it remaining, that's why I wrote "minuscule spoiler-age." As it is, that small kitty is out of the bag.

Well, there's the micro-spoiler. Probably would've been best to put that in yellow-font for those who want to stay LOST-pure.... Looks like it. I think we all suspected there was some other significance to the knife than it just being Dogen's. What its purpose or power is, however, is still to be determined. Sayid's attempt didn't seem to do diddly. Perhaps only a certain person (the chosen candidate?) can kill(?) Smokey/MIB with it. So, with almost every question about it remaining, that's why I wrote "minuscule spoiler-age." As it is, that small kitty is out of the bag.

My bad, fixed :beer:

OK, it's officially Tuesday.

LOST 6.08 | "Recon" repeat | 8 p.m. ABC

On the island, the Locke Monster sends Sawyer on a mission to Hydra Island, where he makes a grisly discovery. The Locke Monster also explains what happened at the temple; and Claire confronts Kate.

LOST 6.09 | "Ab Aeterno" [Note: Latin for "from the beginning of time"] | 9 p.m. ABC

Richard Alpert has a difficult decision to make.

Hey UConn maybe you have some info on this; I started watching season 4 on Fri and put Hulu on Continuous play this morning I was going to start with the begining of season six put it seems that the first 3 epi's of season six can't be viewed anywhere. I can watch epi's 4-8 no prblem but all over the net 1-3 isn't viewable. Is there a reason for that?

H&A, even on the ABC 'LOST' site, there's only the last 10 eps online (it does have 'What Kate Does' listed). LA X seems to be unavailable.

It'd be weird to think it's some kind of policy designed to encourage DVD sales, b/c it seems like all the previous seasons are available in streaming media there.... It's probably available in sections on youtube. Sucks for Ajzepp that he might run into this problem as he recently started watching from the start. Sorry, but other than that I'm sh-- out of ideas.

I don't know. I'm not into the streaming video stuff myself. As much as I might want to watch previous eps again, I have a dinosaur shitbox of a computer that doesn't handle video well or, often, at all (outside of youtube, and even with that there's an annoying flickering). Need to update the rig and we're waiting for Sam's/BJ's/Costco to clear out their inventory of older models and roll out the newer i5/i7 stuff. Might be waiting a while.

One last note...

"Ab Aeterno" has been rated a 9.6 / 10 on the 'LOST UFO' blog among his sources who have seen the script, dailies, etc. Their ratings have very closely tracked with viewer ratings. So, I believe this is on track to be the best ep of the series among people in the know. (I believe "The Constant" was a near-10 as well).

H&A, even on the ABC 'LOST' site, there's only the last 10 eps online (it does have 'What Kate Does' listed). LA X seems to be unavailable.

It'd be weird to think it's some kind of policy designed to encourage DVD sales, b/c it seems like all the previous seasons are available in streaming media there.... It's probably available in sections on youtube. Sucks for Ajzepp that he might run into this problem as he recently started watching from the start. Sorry, but other than that I'm sh-- out of ideas.

I don't know. I'm not into the streaming video stuff myself. As much as I might want to watch previous eps again, I have a dinosaur shitbox of a computer that doesn't handle video well or, often, at all (outside of youtube, and even with that there's an annoying flickering). Need to update the rig and we're waiting for Sam's/BJ's/Costco to clear out their inventory of older models and roll out the newer i5/i7 stuff. Might be waiting a while.

Yeah I checked the ABC site as well, it's really weird that you can watch any epi's online OTHER then 1-3 season 6. Is it some sort of conspiracy? Hmmm we may never know.... :doh:<_<

Well, that was awesome.

PTR

I just wanted to make some quick notes. An almost entire episode dedicated to Richard's back story with no LOST parts was indeed awesome. I'm going to have to rewatch it to digest everything. Yet the two things that immediately hit me was I think I heard MIB tell Richard that "Jacob stole my body" and not sure what to make of it. Also watching Jacob dunking Ricardo into the ocean endless time seems to symbolize a baptism of sorts.