LOST...Season 6

duey

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tonight's episode is called "Recon" and Sawyer is slated to make a return.

Locke trusts Sawyer with a mission.

Hey, the guide listing is my job! :wallbash:

jk :blink:

I like to post the episode numbers just to keep track of where we are. I'm a little Aspergerian that way.

"Dr. Linus" repeat | 6.07

"Recon" | 6.08 | The Locke-Ness Monster sends Sawyer on a mission.

According to the LOST Facebook Page,

The countdown to the end continues - We have 9 new episodes until the series finale! Tonight at 9|8c on ABC, Flocke tasks Sawyer with some "Recon" and you'll see a favorite return -- who is she and what brings her back into the picture?

Interesting. Could be Shannon, Charlotte, Libby, Juliet, etc. Thoughts?

really :ph34r:

I thought that tonight's episode was really fun actually. I'll tell you this much- Bad or Good, I don't care, I love Flocke and O'quinn's portrayal is spot on. BTW I really got a kick out of how he dealt with the Kate/Claire scrap! Pimpin' ain't easy Flocke but you are the master...

This will be the first of several "favorites" returning. I can't say too much but it's going to be a fun episode tonight.

Rebecca Mader was listed in the co-star credits, so I knew this last week. Just, I expected her to be on Widmore's sub.

Interesting continuation with the mirror/reflection theme in the sideways flashes. This week, Sawyer doesn't flick at a scab he'd never seen before, doesn't feel guilty about stranding a pregnant chick in Watts or something, didn't breathe a loser-ly sigh. (Sayid's reflection in Nadia's door lacked any reaction worth noting, and I don't remember what Locke's was). Sawyer... err... James Ford... punched the mirror, mirror on the wall. But back to the main issue. The sideways flash focused on (we need to get used to this...) James' deviation from the original timeline from one side of the law to the other. Rather than being the grifter, he takes down the grifters. But, he's got this private sneaker of a case where he aims to get revenge, vigilante style. His parents still both died in the murder-suicide in the alternate story, and Anthony Cooper (despite being in a framed photo on Sideways Locke's desk) was still the con who initiated the deaths. He and Miles apprehend a fleeing Kate late in the episode. Again, was that a hint of recognition from Sawy James? Things seem to be converging toward the police station.

Back to following the original timeline.... Sawyer is sent by Flocke to Hydra Island. Looked like there was some damage to the Ajira plane, but probably airworthy.

After willingly walking into the Widmore group's ambush, James strikes a bargain with Charles to deliver Flocke so Widmore can kill him. Man's not stupid, folks. Hedging the bet, so to speak, seems pretty safe. If Flocke/Smokey wipes out Widmore, they go home. If Widmore is able to contain and kill the Flockeness Monster, they go home. What could possibly go wrong? And yet... on this island, any offer of help, any promise made has a caveat. You do get a promise, but you don't get the whole promise, and there's always blow-back and repercussions. Any deal to escape has always led back to the island. Sorry, James. Even with Jacob dead, running will do no good.

Widmore's group was setting up a mini-version of the pylons. Which invites the question of alliances. Might Widmore now be affiliated with the remnants of DHARMA / Ann Arbor? If he wants to kill Flocke, and Ilana's group wants to do something not especially nice with Flocke, it would seem to fit in the whole "The enemy of my enemy is my friend" way of seeing the world. But, unfortunately, that was not to be. "Proceed as planned," said Widmore. Outside of this one common goal, Widmore's wider interests lay at odds with Ilana's/Ben's/Jack's. Something in the sub's cargo lockers merited some serious security.... Hmm.

So, we see Claire grabbing Kate's hand like they're BFFs one second, then holding a knife at her throat the next. Flocke B word-slaps her and sets his B word right, like a good pimp does. :ph34r: "Crazy mother," sayeth Flocke? I think he's on to something. The glimpse of Smokey/MIB's mother, taken another way... it's as if the island needs someone in the crazy jungle-mother role. Would it be safe to assume that MIB's family lived on the island? I got the hint that Jacob and he were in the same family unit, as well. And something their mother did, or the way she left them, caused the conflict between them. Could the said craziness have something to do with the bloody "Mysterious Boy"? Probably.

One thing's for certain. We are all waiting with bated breaths for next week's Richard-centric ep, titled "Ab Aeterno." Latin translation: "from the beginning of time." OK, I admit to a tiny bit of reading ahead. Couldn't help myself.

In the preview: "All this... is not what you think it is." Jacob will apparently provide an explanation for what the island is. Whether this explanation will be vague to the utmost or surprisingly specific is anyone's guess. Uhhmmm, my money is on vague.

Some things that I didn't see Uconn James cover that thought bring up. Probably obvious but sometimes they need to be said. Miles and Charlotte got off the island too. Also I can't remember if Miles mentioned if Charlotte and him were friends, the question is how they met, was it on the island and they escaped together? Also we saw the lead singer of Drive Shaft asking about James about his druggy brother. So we might be seeing good old Charlie in a few weeks.

I question Flocke's story about his "crazy mother" as is this his story or is he just stealing from Locke's memory as pretty sure John's birth mom was nuts and that's why she gave him up for adoption. Of course with so many common threads between different characters it's possible when Flocke was being truthful as he seemed pretty truthful about every thing else but he definitely does hide some things from certain people/groups as the case of Cindy and Kids "the black smoke monster killed the people at the temple".

Also Flocke mentioned to Sawyer that he's something like "the best liar I ever met" and afterward Sawyer was 100% truthful. Again Sawyer's playing both sides to do his best to get him, Kate and so long he wasn't lying Jin AND Sun of the island.

I almost did a double take as the actress James brought down in the start of the episode looked a lot like Kate. Yet think she had the line of the night when she called James, "Dimples".

Not much to say after reading all the great summaries above. My favorite moment was when Flocke told Sawyer that he was the smoke monster.

I have to say...next weeks episode is one I've been waiting for since we first met Richard. His character has always been shrouded in mystery and questions...and next week we finally find out WTF Richard is all about. I am very much looking forward to next week! :doh:

Some things that I didn't see Uconn James cover that thought bring up. Probably obvious but sometimes they need to be said. Miles and Charlotte got off the island too. Also I can't remember if Miles mentioned if Charlotte and him were friends, the question is how they met, was it on the island and they escaped together?

Weren't they evacuated by Dr Chang before the incident because of Faraday's warning?

Weren't they evacuated by Dr Chang before the incident because of Faraday's warning?

Yes but in the real timeline Miles and Charlotte seem to make no mention of being friendly before being put together for Widmore's project. So again how did their relationship begin if there's no going back to the island?

So, Sawyer is a cop, but he lets Kate escape the authorities at the airport. Was it because the only reason he's a cop is to catch "Cooper", or is because he was hiding the fact he went to Australia? And do the writers really have to keep hiding faces when everyone knows who it is? Like it was a total surprise it was Kate, give us some credit...

The code word was "LaFleur"...

When Miles was telling Sawyer about setting him up with Charlotte, he said that she worked at the museum with his "father." Is he referring to his step-father. Or did Chang get off the island as well?

I think Charlotte was snooping, she was really digging all over to find a shirt. Maybe that's why Miles set them up? Just a wild guess, as are most of my theories...

I think Flocke slapping Claire is a clear indication that she is under his control, her and Sayid will do whatever Flocke says...

One of the books on Sawyers dresser was Watership Down, the book Boone had in his suitcase that Sawyer found and read on the island...

Some things that I didn't see Uconn James cover that thought bring up. Probably obvious but sometimes they need to be said. Miles and Charlotte got off the island too. Also I can't remember if Miles mentioned if Charlotte and him were friends, the question is how they met, was it on the island and they escaped together? Also we saw the lead singer of Drive Shaft asking about James about his druggy brother. So we might be seeing good old Charlie in a few weeks.

I question Flocke's story about his "crazy mother" as is this his story or is he just stealing from Locke's memory as pretty sure John's birth mom was nuts and that's why she gave him up for adoption. Of course with so many common threads between different characters it's possible when Flocke was being truthful as he seemed pretty truthful about every thing else but he definitely does hide some things from certain people/groups as the case of Cindy and Kids "the black smoke monster killed the people at the temple".

Also Flocke mentioned to Sawyer that he's something like "the best liar I ever met" and afterward Sawyer was 100% truthful. Again Sawyer's playing both sides to do his best to get him, Kate and so long he wasn't lying Jin AND Sun of the island.

I almost did a double take as the actress James brought down in the start of the episode looked a lot like Kate. Yet think she had the line of the night when she called James, "Dimples".

Quite possible that Flocke was purloining details of Locke's life with a "crazy [adoptive] mother" (e.g. believing that a dog was Locke's foster sister, Jeannie) and "growing pains." Pretty scarce and vague --- as ever --- material that we've been given. For the record, Flocke has not been truthful. He uses expedient truths and exaggerations/lies to get people to do what he wants done... in addition to saying that he doesn't have time for answering questions when anybody asks one that hits the heart of things, and with a side order of making a lot of promises that it's yet to be determined whether his ass can cash. He tells Claire that the Others have her baby, b/c Claire 'needs somewhere to direct her hate'??? This is not the sign of a beneficent being. He says he wants to leave the island... yet he needs to kill a lot of people (maybe everyone) first.

I think Flocke killed the Ajira passengers. "That's terrible!" Locke says when Sawyer tells him the news. Methinks he doth protest too much. Unlike his namesake, (Jack in S1: "... And some people you just can't read at all.") Flocke has plenty of tells. And it now seems apparent that the Widmore group is who shot at time-flashing Sawyer, Juliet, Miles, etc. while they were paddling in the dugout.

I was thinking that Zoe looks quite similar to Cassidy Phillips, the woman Sawyer conned and knocked up.

Be careful making assumptions about the sideways world. We know very little other than that the island is under ~20 ft of water c. 2004, and that Ben and his father were there and left.

-----

News that ABC and the LOST enterprise is going to be publishing a 400-page LOST bible/encyclopedia, due out in August, probably to coincide with the S6 DVD release. This may be the avenue where the food drops and some other things are explained.

-----

Doc Jensen had an interesting idea in his pre-show Tuesday column (this week is his last entry of the pre- column).

To date, the easiest way to view the relationship between the Island World and the Sideways World has been to see them as different time lines that have possibly forked off from a common point in a shared past. Based on what we've seen so far, I don't think this is an incorrect way to view the matter. However, I also suspect there must be more at work here than a mere pair of similar-yet-different parallel worlds. I am also suspicious of the popular view that the Sideways World is the afterlife destination for the Island World characters — an ''Epilogue Land,'' to use a phrase making the rounds; the world into which the castaways will be reincarnated. To me, this theory strikes me as serviceable but generic — the new ''Purgatory'' theory. Reincarnation also begs tricky questions about judgment and reward. Based on what you've seen of Ben and Sayid in the Island Worlds, do you think their Sideways lives represent a sensible next-life progression? How about Kate and Claire? Did they get the next lives they deserved? Perhaps my words reflect a misunderstanding of how reincarnation works — but then, how does reincarnation work? There are so many different, specific articulations of reincarnation thought; picking one would require Lost to take a kind of sectarian theological stance. I'd be surprised if Lost did that. Not disappointed, just surprised.

To be clear, I'm not saying you're, like, a drooling stupid head for believing in Earth 1/Earth 2 and Reincarnation World theory. I am not ready to get rid of them myself. But I would like to throw a third possibility into the mix, one that I think the show has been nodding at and pointing to all season long:

Lost is really about three worlds.

I simply find it hard to believe that the sideways flashes are where it's all heading... that these podunk lives are all that's waiting for characters that we've come to know and like.

To anyone keeping track, the sideways flashes are not some destination where the Lostaways find redemption, have a higher purpose, fulfill happiness. To be quite blunt, their sideways lives have been pretty ****ty. Worse than being "stuck on Craphole Island." Where is the sense that Sawyer had in S4 that he was on the island for a purpose and that the world he'd been trying to get back to wasn't that great for him anyway? The Sawyer who just watched Kate deliver Aaron during the flashes, and not say anything. Did that blow up with Juliet? Irreparably?

Now, he wants to get on the sub again. Accuses Jack of always having the same doomed plan of going back to the beach, and Sawyer's foil to that is boarding the sub.

So, Sawyer is a cop, but he lets Kate escape the authorities at the airport. Was it because the only reason he's a cop is to catch "Cooper", or is because he was hiding the fact he went to Australia? And do the writers really have to keep hiding faces when everyone knows who it is? Like it was a total surprise it was Kate, give us some credit...

The code word was "LaFleur"...

When Miles was telling Sawyer about setting him up with Charlotte, he said that she worked at the museum with his "father." Is he referring to his step-father. Or did Chang get off the island as well?

I think Charlotte was snooping, she was really digging all over to find a shirt. Maybe that's why Miles set them up? Just a wild guess, as are most of my theories...

I think Flocke slapping Claire is a clear indication that she is under his control, her and Sayid will do whatever Flocke says...

One of the books on Sawyers dresser was Watership Down, the book Boone had in his suitcase that Sawyer found and read on the island...

Charlotte was told top right drawer for T-shirts, and iirc, she went top left. Wouldn't involve Miles with anything at this point. Archaeologists/Anthropologists are just naturally curious about people, and they dig. Or, at least, Charlotte does.

UConn, with regards to Jensen's post... maybe i missed it, but does he say what those 3 words are? any ideas?

Worlds. Three worlds.

He's suggesting that there's the original timeline, the sideways world, and some world we perhaps haven't seen yet (or have only seen glimpses of).

Ima gettin tired...need this show to end. I think they are lucky they announced this was the last season, as I think there are a lot of people like me who been here since episode 1, but are tired and only watching now as we know only 8 more hours to put in :thumbdown: