Vincents comments tell the story as I have

JP-era

Even talented players with talented coaches can lose with a losers mentality. Vincent admitted that the Bills do in fact have a losers mentality at this point.

"We're just not used to winning much. That's what I've seen," Vincent said.

It has been my biggest bone of contention with this squad. We havent had a hard-lined tough minded coach...umm...ever. And we havent had a QB with a winners mentality since Kelly. Losman may have very well of been the best QB for THIS team based on his attitude alone. WE desperatley need a QB and head coach who will kick these players in the ass when they need to step up and play like champions.

I still believe that this teams biggest problem is that they dont maintain the attitude of winners who know how to ensure that they win.

Again, thank god for Losman, lets get his experince to the level where his attitude is!

Lou Saban was a master motivator. He was sometimes a loose cannon, but he could always get his squad motivated to get their jobs done. Sometimes that mean't on-field improvisation. Saban was best when he had smart, if not the most talented players on his team. It is just unfortunate that his own demeanor dictated that he pi$$ off management and go away mad. He had passion that Bills fans have never again seen.

Chuck Knox was a strict disiplinarian. It was, like Coughlin, his way or the highway. He didn't win because of motivational skills, but rather by insisting on perfection in players technique and assignments. He got his wins by getting the most from his players performing as a system on a team. Likely a style that can't win today with the egos of modern players.

Either way, it is highly unlikely that we will ever have a coach like either of them in Bflo again, because the game has changed.

Even talented players with talented coaches can lose with a losers mentality. Vincent admitted that the Bills do in fact have a losers mentality at this point.

"We're just not used to winning much. That's what I've seen," Vincent said.

It has been my biggest bone of contention with this squad. We havent had a hard-lined tough minded coach...umm...ever. And we havent had a QB with a winners mentality since Kelly. Losman may have very well of been the best QB for THIS team based on his attitude alone. WE desperatley need a QB and head coach who will kick these players in the ass when they need to step up and play like champions.

I still believe that this teams biggest problem is that they dont maintain the attitude of winners who know how to ensure that they win.

Again, thank god for Losman, lets get his experince to the level where his attitude is!

123461[/snapback]

Wow that's two veteran players voicing their opinions about the team today (Moulds being the other).

I'll take moulds words more seriousily than troy vincent at least moulds busts his ass every week for this teem, all troy vincent has done is milk 2 million dollars sitting on the damn sidelines. I was all over the troy vincent signing at the time, thinking what a great signing it was. However now all I see is a guy milking an injury. I have no doubt he's injured, but he doesn't seem to be trying, and if Troy Vincent is the new face of "leadership" of the Buffalo Bills, than we're in trouble, and need to bring in new veteran leadership. Guys who want to play, and try to come back from injuries and inspire their teammates, instead of miling cash. I wouldn't be suprised to see Vincent retire, and I wouldn't be against him doing so one bit.