Bizarre Hockey Accident

stevestojan

So the league has to suspend him for that, right? I don't buy the argument that they shouldn't be cause he's a teammate. That right there is the definition of reckless.

Agree 100% Shrade! Either suspension or a pillow case full of soda cans to the head might do the trick.

Funny thing (or sad), is that after he struck his goalie in the head, he still went back and broke the stick over the goal post and skated away as if he didn't realize that he just struck him.

Other teammates were on the ice seeing if he was going to be alright, except for him.

Funny thing (or sad), is that after he struck his goalie in the head, he still went back and broke the stick over the goal post and skated away as if he didn't realize that he just struck him.

Other teammates were on the ice seeing if he was going to be alright, except for him.

And I can't see how he didn't know what he had done the second it happened. A goalie mask gives off a pretty distinct sound and feel when hit. The other thing that really bugs me is all the commentators saying that they're sure Ballard feels worse than Vokoun. How is that even possible? Vokoun's down on the ice with a ringing headache, bleeding from his ear. I'm pretty sure he feels far worse than anyone.

Did you see that big fat juicy rebound he (Vokoun) gave Kovalchuck [sp?]? He may have done it on purpose! :D:wallbash:

And yes Virginia, I am joking. I mean he really slashed him and probably thought nothing he did caused it... Ballard is still a moron.

What a complete an utter moron. He is obviously trying to hit the goalpost with his stick (which I see happen all too often) But how the hell do you chop your Goalie across the head?!

Ever walk down the street with a crowd walking the other way. Obviuosly, Ballard wasn't thinking and Vokoun zigged when he should have zagged. Oh, and players should NOT take their frustration out like that. As much as a team can't all come on to the ice anymore to celebrate a goal... Players should be penalized for excessive anger. You can't (well one can, but will get penalized) throw a helmet in football.

Unsportsmanlike conduct every sense this incident was.

I don't feel right for calling him a moron. I think it's just an unfortunate accident. I feel bad for Ballard. Worse for Vokum obviously. I think Ballard was just totally frustrated. Not uncommon to see a d man smash his stick on the post. He most definitely should have been aware of the goalie. I can't imagine how Ballard feels this morning.

I don't feel right for calling him a moron. I think it's just an unfortunate accident. I feel bad for Ballard. Worse for Vokum obviously. I think Ballard was just totally frustrated. Not uncommon to see a d man smash his stick on the post. He most definitely should have been aware of the goalie. I can't imagine how Ballard feels this morning.

I'm going with hungover.

I'm going with hungover.

I was kinda watching that game while it happend. Sabres one eye, Thrasher game in the other. After it happened Ballard was beside himself. They showed him walking down the isle to the dressing room like he was leaving.