ATTN OUT OF TOWN BUFFALO SPORTS FANS

RayFinkle

Sabres having a much better period than they did in the first in which they were totally outworked. If not for Miller they would behind. Miller is the best goalie Ive seen so far this year. He has a certain calmness that must be reassuring for the rest of the team.

Sabres having a much better period than they did in the first in which they were totally outworked. If not for Miller they would behind. Miller is the best goalie Ive seen so far this year. He has a certain calmness that must be reassuring for the rest of the team.

You must be psychotic...they just talked about that. :P

You must be psychotic...they just talked about that. :P

Really? No Versus on Direct TV so I'm watching the Leaf feed online. Have the sound down though. Watching two other games on Center Ice. Did they really say that on Versus? If so maybe I'm not that dumb! I may be psychotic though.

Really? No Versus on Direct TV so I'm watching the Leaf feed online. Have the sound down though. Watching two other games on Center Ice. Did they really say that on Versus? If so maybe I'm not that dumb! I may be psychotic though.

They sure did. It was actually a recorded interview w/Miller. He said he knows it's comforting to his team mates knowing he has their backs. Nothing phases him.

Ya, I agree... Yet, at times he seems to come unglued all together sometimes after a bad goal. That is, he let's in some more.

I do say those episodes are a bit farther apart.

I still think Lindy can't manage his goalies... Or at leat the team/system doesn't bode well for another goalie in there. Miller can't play every game and still win in the playoffs. The Sabres need to start stringing some wins together with Lalime between the pipes or they are done.

I just don't know what it is! :D

No versus.

Thanks (#@&$^$( loads dtv, you sure showed them

I watched the game last night online dib. There are a bunch of sites out there that stream. Last night I watched on channelsurfing.net I've had to do that a couple times this year for Shark games. The channel surfing site was a nice, clear no buffering stream.

Nice move by Miller at the end of the game. He inadvertantly shot the puck through a camera hole in the glass hitting a cameraman in the face. After the game he gave him his stick. Classy move by Ryan. :thumbsup:

Omg Miller is deadly accurate shooting the puck as well? What doesn't this guy do! They could have him jump up into the rush on PP's and have him play the point!

Omg Miller is deadly accurate shooting the puck as well? What doesn't this guy do! They could have him jump up into the rush on PP's and have him play the point!

The announcers were saying it was a one in a million shot and that goalies try to hit that hole (no pun intended) all the time during practice and never do. He might just be Lord Brewskis second coming. :thumbsup:

The Leafs came at the Sabres for the first two periods. The penalty killing along with Miller was impressive. The slow starts will catch up with the Sabres against better teams. Both the Canes and Leafs games were slow-starters for the Sabres.

The one concern that I have is that the Sabres are 2-2-2 against Northeast divsion teams with both wins coming against the Leafs.

December looks to be a very tough month as 11 of 15 games are against teams that made the playoffs last year and 6 of 11 against division opponents. 2 games are against the team the Sabres seem to struggle with the most - Ottawa.

The Sabres have been fortunate with the puck concentrated in their own zone but they need to do the reverse, especially, against aggressive forechecking teams (Ottawa).

Grier has helped but the Sabres could use a big center to park in front of the opponents net.

The Leafs came at the Sabres for the first two periods. The penalty killing along with Miller was impressive. The slow starts will catch up with the Sabres against better teams. Both the Canes and Leafs games were slow-starters for the Sabres.

The one concern that I have is that the Sabres are 2-2-2 against Northeast divsion teams with both wins coming against the Leafs.

December looks to be a very tough month as 11 of 15 games are against teams that made the playoffs last year and 6 of 11 against division opponents. 2 games are against the team the Sabres seem to struggle with the most - Ottawa.

The Sabres have been fortunate with the puck concentrated in their own zone but they need to do the reverse, especially, against aggressive forechecking teams (Ottawa).

Grier has helped but the Sabres could use a big center to park in front of the opponents net.

Pretty much the way I saw it as well. Last nights win was on Miller. It could easily been2-0 for the Leafs after the first. With the Sabres talent level they have to have to outwork other teams. If they're work rate lowers they become just another team. I've also mentioned here before that I think Buffalo needs a dominating presence up front. A Getzlaf/Bertuzzi type. With Miller and a consistent work ethic they can go a long way. I really would like to see them bring up Ennis for a look as well.

Also, I wouldn't count on Grier all season. Last couple with the Sharks he looked very tired the last third of the season.

Pretty much the way I saw it as well. Last nights win was on Miller. It could easily been2-0 for the Leafs after the first. With the Sabres talent level they have to have to outwork other teams. If they're work rate lowers they become just another team. I've also mentioned here before that I think Buffalo needs a dominating presence up front. A Getzlaf/Bertuzzi type. With Miller and a consistent work ethic they can go a long way. I really would like to see them bring up Ennis for a look as well.

Also, I wouldn't count on Grier all season. Last couple with the Sharks he looked very tired the last third of the season.

Wasn't Grier playing hurt last year? The Sharks are up there again. If anything, they are consistently competitive. It helps to have a big body (Myers) swatting at flies in the defensive zone but the same would be nice on the offensive side.