If you know 3 black men

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

...and of course the story ends

Some studies examining how employers review black and white job applicants suggest that discrimination may be at play.

"Black men were less likely to receive a call back or job offer than equally qualified white men," said Devah Pager, a sociology professor at Princeton University, referring to her studies a few years ago of white and black male job applicants in their 20s in Milwaukee and New York. "Black men with a clean record fare no better than white men just released from prison." :P

So are you going to get 1 (or 2) of them 1st Aid Kits? "I heard you got cut." (whisper, whisper) "Oh, CUT, cut."

:P That dude has timing. I was reading about his SNL hosting gig and apparently he did some ad-libbing, including sending that kid to the porta-john during the United Way Commercial.

:P That dude has timing. I was reading about his SNL hosting gig and apparently he did some ad-libbing, including sending that kid to the porta-john during the United Way Commercial.

Missed the SNL he hosted. Will have to catch it when it's in reruns or maybe on Youtube.

...and of course the story ends

Some studies examining how employers review black and white job applicants suggest that discrimination may be at play.

"Black men were less likely to receive a call back or job offer than equally qualified white men," said Devah Pager, a sociology professor at Princeton University, referring to her studies a few years ago of white and black male job applicants in their 20s in Milwaukee and New York. "Black men with a clean record fare no better than white men just released from prison." :D

Sorta true... I believe it.

At my job... A white guy went to prison for shooting somebody... Resigned first before entering prison... When he got out, they hired him back and latered promoted him over the black guy with the clean record that was working almost ten years earlier before the white guy's first tour.

Go figure... Federal gov't in the late 1980's and early 1990's.

:wallbash::P

Americans are Angry!

Why do you guys even link to sites like this? It's embarrassing.

Select Headlines:

Voters Continue to Trust GOP More on Most Top Issues

Sarah Palin: Going Rogue, Getting Even

Most Americans Prefer 'Merry Christmas' To 'Happy Holidays'

71% Angry at Federal Government, Up Five Points Since September

41% Support Health Care Legislation, 53% Oppose

53% Have Favorable Opinion of AARP, but Health Care Issue Hurting Reputation

Americans are Angry!

Select Headlines:

Here are my thoughts

Voters Continue to Trust GOP More on Most Top Issues

--scares me

Sarah Palin: Going Rogue, Getting Even

--stupid

Most Americans Prefer 'Merry Christmas' To 'Happy Holidays'

--I am in this bunch. I don't believe in JC but what the !@#$? The vast majority of people including me celebrate Christmas. Have a Merry one. If you're JEwish and wish me Happy Hanukkah, I'll return the Happy Hanukkah to you and somehow not be offended.

71% Angry at Federal Government, Up Five Points Since September

--29% of people surveyed lobotomized.

41% Support Health Care Legislation, 53% Oppose

--41% of people can't wipe their own ass.

53% Have Favorable Opinion of AARP, but Health Care Issue Hurting Reputation

--Who cares?

Americans are Angry!

You think linking to Rasmussen polls is embarrassing? Really?

I guess the only way to appease you is to rely more on what Bill Nye has to say. Or maybe an episode of South Park. Or an SNL skit.