Scottish songstress tops charts w/debut album

Beerball

She's a great example of why I like to watch shows like American Idol even though I often face a lot of fierce attempts to take back my man card. I can't help it, I'm an empathetic person...always have been. I'm constantly putting myself in the shoes of others and living vicariously for a few moments in time. Just imagine how amazing it must feel to have lived half your life loving something, but never really being able to do more than dream about it....and then one day the opportunity comes and next thing you know you're actually on center stage and the dream has become reality. That's got to just be an overwhelming feeling....I can't imagine how cool that must be!

I don't have much interest in Susan Boyle's music, cause she seems like a bit of a nutjob, but I think what she accomplished is pretty great! :D

I don't watch any of these shows. Actually, I don't watch much TV besides sports.......But, I've watched Susan's debut on youtube a few times and it's so amazing how she floors them with her voice.......Her story is amazing because she is 47, looks 67, and her talent came through.......I don't think you can have that happen on AI. It seems to me all the contestants or at least finalists have been in their late 20s at the oldest, mostly much younger.

I don't watch any of these shows. Actually, I don't watch much TV besides sports.......But, I've watched Susan's debut on youtube a few times and it's so amazing how she floors them with her voice.......Her story is amazing because she is 47, looks 67, and her talent came through.......I don't think you can have that happen on AI. It seems to me all the contestants or at least finalists have been in their late 20s at the oldest, mostly much younger.

Very true, the age limit on AI prevents Susan Boyle type stories. But you have Clay Aiken who was a (really) nerdy looking school teacher...David Cook (probably my fvorite Idol) was a bartender...a couple of guys were in the armed forces....a couple of the girls were stranded in places like Kansas and Oklahoma with no prospects...etc, etc.

Hard to say who would have become feasible artists and who wouldn't, but a lot of them were pretty much average joes at the time they auditioned, and ended up being able to make music their career. I think that's pretty awesome.

I watch that America's Got Talent show in passing, and even though I couldn't STAND him, the winner this year was some broke down country redneck guy that America apparently fell in love with. Would I ever buy his album? Heck no...I fast forwarded through every performance after the first one, lol. But he's kind of like a small scale version of susan boyle. And from what I heard, there was a prior winner of that show who was signed to Vegas for like 10mil per year! That's huge, man.

It would be like if bunch of us could put together an ownership group together, go on some reality show, and end up winning the Buffalo Bills lol.

Very true, the age limit on AI prevents Susan Boyle type stories. But you have Clay Aiken who was a (really) nerdy looking school teacher...David Cook (probably my fvorite Idol) was a bartender...a couple of guys were in the armed forces....a couple of the girls were stranded in places like Kansas and Oklahoma with no prospects...etc, etc.

Hard to say who would have become feasible artists and who wouldn't, but a lot of them were pretty much average joes at the time they auditioned, and ended up being able to make music their career. I think that's pretty awesome.

I watch that America's Got Talent show in passing, and even though I couldn't STAND him, the winner this year was some broke down country redneck guy that America apparently fell in love with. Would I ever buy his album? Heck no...I fast forwarded through every performance after the first one, lol. But he's kind of like a small scale version of susan boyle. And from what I heard, there was a prior winner of that show who was signed to Vegas for like 10mil per year! That's huge, man.

It would be like if bunch of us could put together an ownership group together, go on some reality show, and end up winning the Buffalo Bills lol.

Wow. Talk about the bickering Bills.