I know we are a "power running team"

JStranger76

do we bring in another reciever? I'm not talking about someone with our first draft pick or our primary free agent target, just someone who can actually contribute. I wouldn't mind a tall (6'3 or taller) guy who can jump who would be good on 3rd down and in the red zone. Since it seems we'll never join the modern NFL and bring in a big play TE, this wouldn't be a bad idea with like a 4th round pick or mid level free agent. How did David Givens last until the 6th round? The dude is huge!

do we bring in another reciever? I'm not talking about someone with our first draft pick or our primary free agent target, just someone who can actually contribute. I wouldn't mind a tall (6'3 or taller) guy who can jump who would be good on 3rd down and in the red zone. Since it seems we'll never join the modern NFL and bring in a big play TE, this wouldn't be a bad idea with like a 4th round pick or mid level free agent. How did David Givens last until the 6th round? The dude is huge!

123209[/snapback]

Agreed.

123209[/snapback]

I was surprised they didn't consider Ben Watson, who NE picked up late in the 1st round. He's on IR (knee, I think), but he started out very strong. TE size and WR speed.

And Cincy has a good one who was a FA (was resigned) - Tony Stewart. I hoped the Bills would have taken a good lok at him. He plays behind Reggie Kelly (who as it turns out, was the player that ATL picked in the draft instead of Peerless Price), and before Aaron's brother, Matt Schoebel.

I brought up a related topic a few days ago, & unfortunately, we don't know if our non-Moulds receivers suck or if they are decent, but not given the opportunity to contribute.

I'm inclined to think that Reed at least for the time being, doesn't have it (he certainly gave indications his rookie year that he could be decent). Beyond that, who knows. Watching on TV, you never see any others enough to tell even whether they're open or not, let alone if they can catch consistently.

I have been wondering about this notion for several months now. We all heard from the start of training camp how this Bills team will be a "power run team". Now that brings to mind the old Fish team with Czonka and Kick and the Boys. You know, ram it down your throat and win 13-10, right?

My question is this. If we hired Mularkey because he was an offensive Guru who turned Tommy Fuggin Maddox into a 4,000 yard passer, why are we a power run team? We cant have it both ways. We want a guy to be an offensive mastermind who lights up the scoreboard with creative gameplaning, and yet we are told from day 1 that we will play low scoring, ball control, smash mouth football. Why?

I think we are a power run team because the entire orginization KNOWS that Drew is a liabilty and hence the Power run team that tries not to make mistakes. Thats why we drafted a QB. Groom him, train him, and bring him along as fast as possible so that MM can begin to be the creative Genious we were told he was. What good does a pass happy creative offensive gameplan do us with Bledsoe chucking the ball around? we saw the results of that the last 2 years will Killdrive...Once JP takes control and gets some experience, I truly believe this team will become a far more exciting, pass first team. We drafted for this with a WR and then a QB. I predict next year will O-line to protect and another WR. If not, then why, O' Powerful Football Gods, did we hire an "Offensive-minded Guru" to be our Head Coach?

do we bring in another reciever? I'm not talking about someone with our first draft pick or our primary free agent target, just someone who can actually contribute. I wouldn't mind a tall (6'3 or taller) guy who can jump who would be good on 3rd down and in the red zone.

123209[/snapback]

Sounds like Sam Aiken.

I have been wondering about this notion for several months now. We all heard from the start of training camp how this Bills team will be a "power run team". Now that brings to mind the old Fish team with Czonka and Kick and the Boys. You know, ram it down your throat and win 13-10, right?

My question is this. If we hired Mularkey because he was an offensive Guru who turned Tommy Fuggin Maddox into a 4,000 yard passer, why are we a power run team? We cant have it both ways. We want a guy to be an offensive mastermind who lights up the scoreboard with creative gameplaning, and yet we are told from day 1 that we will play low scoring, ball control, smash mouth football. Why? 

I think we are a power run team because the entire orginization KNOWS that Drew is a liabilty and hence the Power run team that tries not to make mistakes. Thats why we drafted a QB. Groom him, train him, and bring him along as fast as possible so that MM can begin to be the creative Genious we were told he was. What good does a pass happy creative offensive gameplan do us with Bledsoe chucking the ball around? we saw the results of that the last 2 years will Killdrive...Once JP takes control and gets some experience, I truly believe this team will become a far more exciting, pass first team. We drafted for this with a WR and then a QB. I predict next year will O-line to protect and another WR. If not, then why, O' Powerful Football Gods,  did we hire an "Offensive-minded Guru" to be our Head Coach?

123577[/snapback]

Good points.

Rico, I know Aiken hasn't had too many oportunities, but he sure hasn't done anything with what he has been given so far. He supposedly had very good hands but has dropped almost every pass thrown his way. Hopefully he'll show us something during this final 7 game stretch..........