The Buffalo Bills at 4-7 are still barely alive

Guest dog14787

Continuing with the if game, if Fewell is the HC to start the season are we seriously talking playoffs now? I say yes. To take this crazy talk one step further, if we win out; NE @7-3 schedule has NO, Dolphins, Panthers, Bills, Jax, and Houston. They have some interesting games left. NO and Houston could be tough for them the Dolphins always give them trouble too. It's possible although highly unlikely we win the division. :D

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this is fun.

But first of all. We will NOT make the playoffs, and my participation in this thread in no way implies that I think we will make the playoffs.

What is exciting is that with an emotional win at least a small group of fans has gone from "who do we take with the #1 pick in the draft?" to "maybe playoffs?".

Even if this team effectively has no real shot at the playoffs, it is more interesting and valuable to our players to be thinking about that chance still being alive one week at a time and not who has to win a game for us to get the #1 pick.

I think Shanahan would rather have us at 8-8 with the #13 pick than 3-13 with the #5. The main reason I thought losing was ever good was to finally get rid of DJ, and now that that has happened my one concern is as others have stated a strong finish being enough to think Perry is a valid head coaching candidate. I think he earns respect, goes back to being the DC and we live happily ever after.

I am certainly rooting for the 3 and 4 win teams to win games and help our draft order, but still thinking winning football games is more valuable than a couple positions in the draft, and you can fail from 1 to 10 and you can succeed from 11 to 20 and I care much more about who is making draft decisions than which pick he has.

So let's see if a Thursday win can keep this hope alive one more week. Tennessee turned it around quickly and is keeping hope alive, and even though I think both Buffalo and Tennessee will fall short, knowing you have something to play for (another week of hope) is cool enough.

Go Bills.

Guest dog14787
I'm not sure why Baltimore is supposed to beat Pittsburgh, but they just did.

We need to keep the current wild card holders within reach and the Steelers are one of them. :D

We hire Fewell as HC And I am done with this team as are many. Lets stop drinking the koolaid and make some real changes for once.

I think I speak for many when I say that you being done with this team is not a negative. Not in any way, shape or form.

But by all means, keep throwing up the same meat headed muscle flexing bull ****.

Guest dog14787
Now were all gonna convince oursleves the Bills can do it and then we'll lose next week. I still will convince myself though.

AVP and Ryan Fitzpatrick are really starting to click and when Fitz calls an audible defenses are second guessing themselves now.

Ryan Fitzpatrick is proving to be a good starting QB in this league in my opinion.

We may not need another QB, we might have our guy already.

I think I speak for many when I say that you being done with this team is not a negative. Not in any way, shape or form.

But by all means, keep throwing up the same meat headed muscle flexing bull ****.

+1

I'm amazed they let him back, but whatever, I'm not the management.

Well...we could finish with a winning season. The playoffs aren't mathematically impossible but EXTREMELY unlikely. The colts game should be against the reserves as they will have home field advantage and all that goes with it and will certainly not risk players getting injured in god forsaken weather conditions. Kansas City and the Jets are winable, the Colts are a strong possible (resting Colts, that is.) but the Falcons and Patriots are extremely unlikely wins. I would be very pleased with seven or eight wins.

Guest dog14787
Well...we could finish with a winning season. The playoffs aren't mathematically impossible but EXTREMELY unlikely. The colts game should be against the reserves as they will have home field advantage and all that goes with it and will certainly not risk players getting injured in god forsaken weather conditions. Kansas City and the Jets are winable, the Colts are a strong possible (resting Colts, that is.) but the Falcons and Patriots are extremely unlikely wins. I would be very pleased with seven or eight wins.

Having a winning record within our division would also be an improvement.( big game on Thursday)

Winning the pats game would be oh so sweet...

We hire Fewell as HC And I am done with this team as are many. Lets stop drinking the koolaid and make some real changes for once.

Well if the Bills 'win out' and finish 9-7 under Fewell - that would mean beating NE* and the Colts - there's going to be a groundswell of support for the guy, and you never know what RW might do given that he's still on the hook for Jauron's $3.5M/year salary.

But I'd much rather see the Bills make a splash - go out and get an offensive guru - someone like, oh, say...

Mike Leach

This needs to be said in all caps so the full effect of how serious our blunders are:

IF WE DIDN'T BLOW THE PATRIOTS GAME THEN WE WOULD BE 5-6, THE PATRIOTS WOULD BE 6-4. WE WOULD BE ONE GAME BACK WITH A CHANCE TO TAKE THE DIVISION STRAIGHT UP WITH A WIN AGAINST THEM AT THE END OF THE SEASON.

serious blunder, part II:

IF WE DON'T GIVE CLEVELAND THEIR ONLY WIN OF THE SEASON (AT HOME), AND DON'T FIND A WAY TO BLOW THE PATRIOTS GAME THEN WE ARE THE DIVISION LEADERS!

There you go. Simple instances of how/why this coaching staff blew the playoffs yet again. Getting rid of Jauron was too little too late. It's sad, and annoying year in and year out being able to point to two games you have no business losing as the reason why you can't make the playoffs.

Well if the Bills 'win out' and finish 9-7 under Fewell - that would mean beating NE* and the Colts - there's going to be a groundswell of support for the guy, and you never know what RW might do given that he's still on the hook for Jauron's $3.5M/year salary.

But I'd much rather see the Bills make a splash - go out and get an offensive guru - someone like, oh, say...

Mike Leach

Get a GM and a new scouting department. Let that guy decide who coaches. I'm liking this kid Mike Caldwell from the Falcons. Local kid with experience under Bill Polian. Made some good moves with the Falcons. Making a HC also the GM is a high-risk move with a poor history of results.

PTR

It's great that our HC isn't a motionless robot and has motivated this team to play some good football, but at 4-7, we've got a snowballs chance in hell to make the playoffs. Last year, the Pats missed the playoffs with a 11-5 record. We need to be at least 10-6 to have a shot at a wild card spot, so that eliminates us already. Now, if we beat the Pats, then we all have something to be very excited and optimistic about.

Unless the Colts are 15-0 coming into that game. I suppose it's possible they rest their starters but I'm betting not. For one, it's a chance to equal a feat done by their hated rivals the Pats*. Also you can bet that game witll be flexed to Sunday night. Huge audience looking for history to be made.

Now let's add in one more improbability...let's say the Bills are 8-7 and can clinch a playoff berth with a win? :rolleyes:

PTR