4 police officers killed in Wash. coffee shop

And the blue part... Over what? Letting your guard down. I understand it is damn if they do, damn if they don't... They have to be "on"... In a coffe shop? Like putting planes in a circle at Hickam Field before Sunday, Nov. 7th, 1941.

Wait...what?

Did you just compare cops in a coffee shop to...aircraft security at Pearl Harbor a MONTH BEFORE the attack? :blink:

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like Huckabee won't be running in 2012.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/loca...lemmons30m.html

His criminal history includes at least five felony convictions in Arkansas and at least eight felony charges in Washington. That record also stands out for the number of times Clemmons has been released from custody despite questions about the danger he posed.

Mike Huckabee, while governor of Arkansas, granted clemency to Clemmons nine years ago, commuting his lengthy prison sentence over the protests of prosecutors.

"This is the day I've been dreading for a long time," Larry Jegley, prosecuting attorney for Arkansas' Pulaski County, said Sunday night when informed that Clemmons was being sought in connection with the killings.

Sounds like a copycat - on Halloween a cop was killed as he sat in his car with a trainee doing paperwork. The trainee returned fire and the bullet hole(s) in the car when they found it will help convict the SOB. That and all the guns and making of bombs in his apartment.

Turns out the guy was a "loner", fascinated by law enforcement, didn't really fit in, etc. He was supposedly set off by a video that showed a cop (I think it was in Tacoma) beating up on a teenaged girl in custody as a result of her sassing him and throwing a shoe at him (which missed). I agree the film was disconcerting, particularly the part where his fellow officer had to physically pull him off the girl ... although I probably would have wanted to smack her smart mouth.

I suspect that THIS crime is a copycat, another one of those people who may not be legally insane but definitely have a screw loose, a persecution complex etc.

This crap unfortunately happens all the time at work places...regardless of who's running the country. I am particularly outraged that it's cops, because they can be sitting ducks and this kind of crap is going to result in nervous cops who may be a little hair-triggered in the future, who could blame them. They accept the risks when they put on the uniform, but THIS is far and beyond the normal risks of the job. I think from now on when I approach an officer to ask a question or whatever I will do it very slowly with my hands visible, because cops in Seattle at least have every right to be wary of everyone.

Looks like Huckabee won't be running in 2012.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/loca...lemmons30m.html

The commutations of serious, multiple-time offenders based on the recommendation of his preacher buddies was the biggest of problems I had with Huckabee, and it alone guaranteed my non-support.

If Huckabee runs, this will be a major issue and in the GOP, there is no way it passes muster now.

The catch-and-release system just boggles the mind.

Latest

Huckabee's damage control attempt:

In 1989, Clemmons, then 17, was convicted in Little Rock for aggravated robbery. He was paroled in 2000 after Huckabee commuted a 95-year prison sentence.

Huckabee, who was criticized during his run for the Republican presidential nomination in 2008 for granting many clemencies and commutations, cited Clemmons' youth. Clemmons later violated his parole, was returned to prison and released in 2004.

On Sunday, Huckabee issued this statement on his Web site: "Should he be found to be responsible for this horrible tragedy, it will be the result of a series of failures in the criminal justice system in both Arkansas and Washington state."

No distancing yourself, Mike. YOU own a sizable share of that failure.

How the hell does a 17 year old get 95 years on a robbery charge, anyway? :P

Those sentences all looked goofy as hell.

All talk of Huckabee and commutation aside (commuting sentences has always seemed wishy/washy unless the guy is/was not guilty), I'm far more concerned that he was accused of EIGHT felonies last WEEK and is out and about. That is specious at best.

Now let's get back to spending time investigating what really happened to Tiger Woods because that's really how law enforcement money should be spent. Well, that and fighting the un-winnable drug war.

Those sentences all looked goofy as hell.

All talk of Huckabee and commutation aside (commuting sentences has always seemed wishy/washy unless the guy is/was not guilty), I'm far more concerned that he was accused of EIGHT felonies last WEEK and is out and about. That is specious at best.

Now let's get back to spending time investigating what really happened to Tiger Woods because that's really how law enforcement money should be spent. Well, that and fighting the un-winnable drug war.

We know what happened to Tiger Woods. He forgot the law of the married man: if you're full-goose bozo batschittt stupid enough to screw around on your wife, at least do it while you're broke and unknown.