4 police officers killed in Wash. coffee shop

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now let's get back to spending time investigating what really happened to Tiger Woods because that's really how law enforcement money should be spent. Well, that and fighting the un-winnable drug war.

Yeah, don't get me started on that. A guy causes no more than property damage in a one-car accident, alcohol has already been determined to not be a factor...so what the !@#$ are they investigating anything for? If I do that, it's an insurance issue, not a law enforcement issue.

Yeah, don't get me started on that. A guy causes no more than property damage in a one-car accident, alcohol has already been determined to not be a factor...so what the !@#$ are they investigating anything for? If I do that, it's an insurance issue, not a law enforcement issue.

They are investigating because it's clearly a case of domestic violence and the cover-up got a lot of cops and others involved.

Now let's get back to spending time investigating what really happened to Tiger Woods because that's really how law enforcement money should be spent. Well, that and fighting the un-winnable drug war.

Whatchu be talkin bout Willis? NJ is set to legalize medicinal pot. The war is almost won.

... for the other side.

Too bad Willie Horton was 20 years ago, so we don't get to hear the cries of "But...this is different!"

Yep. The Dems howled and cried back then, so according to their standard, this is a non-issue.

Huckabee is a RHINO of the first rank - listening to radio chat this morning, he pardoned twice as many as did the previous 3 AR Governors. Evidently, all 5 members of the parole board recommended commutation back then. Since that, other States had the opportunity to put this crumb out of circulation. That WA authorities - with his felony record - let him out for payment of 10% on a 150K bond on a child rape charge.

I agree. Yet, your crazy woman wife still isn't allowed to come after you with a 5 iron. :D I guess they are investigating if a domestic disturbance took place? Can they do that?

"Huckabee said on Fox News Channel's "The O'Reilly Factor" Monday night that Clemmons was allowed back on the street because prosecutors failed to file paperwork in time."

The irony.

"Paperwork." Isn't that what the cops were doing? I still say that it should be done at the office, not a coffeshop. Out on partol should be just that... Not using the coffeshop as an office being sitting ducks. The whole method of the way we work in this country should be overhauled.

Ever look in a police cruiser... Looks like a cubicle office. Now you even see cops on cell phones.

Don't get me wrong... I just find it a shame that their habits and work spaces made them such sitting ducks.

:wallbash::D

"Huckabee said on Fox News Channel's "The O'Reilly Factor" Monday night that Clemmons was allowed back on the street because prosecutors failed to file paperwork in time."

The irony.

"Paperwork." Isn't that what the cops were doing? I still say that it should be done at the office, not a coffeshop. Out on partol should be just that... Not using the coffeshop as an office being sitting ducks. The whole method of the way we work in this country should be overhauled.

Ever look in a police cruiser... Looks like a cubicle office. Now you even see cops on cell phones.

Don't get me wrong... I just find it a shame that their habits and work spaces made them such sitting ducks.

:wallbash::D

I don't think that matters at all. People bent on mayhem will accomplish their goals if they're even remotely competent. Putting more rules on police won't change that.

I don't think that matters at all. People bent on mayhem will accomplish their goals if they're even remotely competent. Putting more rules on police won't change that.

Ya... Yet, I still think that there should be more or a sterile enviroment that the officers should operate in. A sign of the times I guess... How many times do you see officiers just shooting the sh*t between cars? Implementing more rules probably backfires. Acting all gung-ho doesn't bode well too. Can there be a happy medium, where they may not be sitting ducks.

I mean... I am not a cop... But, I would feel a little uneasy if I were and a bunch of other officers were all meeting in one place in public.

Seems more and more one can pick up on the habits of the police. What's saying that somebody can't do something in a part of town when all the officers out on partol are stuck on one side of the railroad tracks?

Just saying... I think there needs to be a little more professionalism... We all know the "donut wise-cracks."

Ya... Yet, I still think that there should be more or a sterile enviroment that the officers should operate in. A sign of the times I guess... How many times do you see officiers just shooting the sh*t between cars? Implementing more rules probably backfires. Acting all gung-ho doesn't bode well too. Can there be a happy medium, where they may not be sitting ducks.

I mean... I am not a cop... But, I would feel a little uneasy if I were and a bunch of other officers were all meeting in one place in public.

Silly me, I like seeing police in public. And I like seeing police cars out on the road.

Push them into an office and you minimize their preventative effect. As usual, your social engineering skills are off.

Luckily for us, most police officers aren't afraid to go out in public.

I can't speak to it with anything more than speculation but I don't remember a single instance on par with this one. Not saying that multiple policemen haven't been killed in a since incident, but not in this kind of manner.

In any decent sized department, there are bars that are "cop hangouts". Anyone who wanted to kill a whole bunch of cops could easily do it. It doesn't happen because rational people don't attack police, they respect them and are thankful they're around.

Cops aren't different than other people. They hang out with the people they work with, at work and away from work. Cutting that back cuts off one of the biggest benefits we get from them, which is the IDEA of deterrence.

What you're advocating is similar to the idea that the military needs to be kept safe. It's not the job they're hired for.