Businessman puts up Obama billboard

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Quick question about the who bashing of birthers thing... I truly believe Obama was born in the US, and have no reason to be a birther or whatever, but if the issue has gotten as hot as it really is, why was it so hard for Obama to present his certificate and just end this thing? I'm sort of angered by that, more than anything.

I am not sure about this but... Can this be a reason...

It may make him (BO) look bad.

I was born in 1968 and noticed that they would put a lot of stuff on the birth certificate... Religion of the parents is one of them... This of course was NYS, 1968.

Now flash to 1998 and 2002... My children were born in Indiana, I noticed that there is very little extra information on the birth cetificates. Of course we are talking between two different states.

Just saying, I wonder how much this has changed in 40 years with regard to birth certificates? Also, if HI just had his name and parents on it fine... But, I am pretty sure they still put the parent's place of birth on the certificate... SO, in 5 easy words:

"It can be potentially embarrassing."

Especially with the political climate and everything that has happened since 2001. Of course Obama's opponents WANT to embarrass him.

Anyway, it isn't for us to see physically if the person doesn't want people to see. It is up to us to TRUST the gov't officials that have checked it out. TRUST is a pretty big word.

I am not sure about this but... Can this be a reason...

It may make him (BO) look bad.

I was born in 1968 and noticed that they would put a lot of stuff on the birth certificate... Religion of the parents is one of them... This of course was NYS, 1968.

Now flash to 1998 and 2002... My children were born in Indiana, I noticed that there is very little extra information on the birth cetificates. Of course we are talking between two different states.

Just saying, I wonder how much this has changed in 40 years with regard to birth certificates? Also, if HI just had his name and parents on it fine... But, I am pretty sure they still put the parent's place of birth on the certificate... SO, in 5 easy words:

"It can be potentially embarrassing."

Especially with the political climate and everything that has happened since 2001. Of course Obama's opponents WANT to embarrass him.

Anyway, it isn't for us to see physically if the person doesn't want people to see. It is up to us to TRUST the gov't officials that have checked it out. TRUST is a pretty big word.

The certificate produced by the Obama campaign has been verified to be consistent with others issued in the same time and place. The certificate shows his full name to be "Barack Hussein Obama II," it lists his father's race as "African" and his mother's as "Caucasian," it contains no information about religion, and it reports his birthplace as being Honolulu, Hawaii.

That's apparently how Hawaii rolled in the 60's.