Businessman puts up Obama billboard

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ever read "The Boy Who Cried Wolf"? Why can't those who oppose the current administration do it on actual merit, especially considering so much exists?

Morons.

Completely agree. If you're trying to send a message and to build consensus, stick to the facts. My gosh, you could fill many billboards with numbers to support the cause.

Ever read "The Boy Who Cried Wolf"? Why can't those who oppose the current administration do it on actual merit, especially considering so much exists?

Morons.

I have been saying that for the last 9 months. Most who criticized me then, now seem more rational. Then there are the wingers .... There is no help for them because they are too blinded by party loyalty.

Quick question about the who bashing of birthers thing... I truly believe Obama was born in the US, and have no reason to be a birther or whatever, but if the issue has gotten as hot as it really is, why was it so hard for Obama to present his certificate and just end this thing? I'm sort of angered by that, more than anything.

Quick question about the who bashing of birthers thing... I truly believe Obama was born in the US, and have no reason to be a birther or whatever, but if the issue has gotten as hot as it really is, why was it so hard for Obama to present his certificate and just end this thing? I'm sort of angered by that, more than anything.

If there was any possibility, I think Clinton or McCain would have jumped all over it.

Ah, snopes...

http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/birthcertificate.asp

As things turned out, when the Obama campaign made a copy of his Certification of Live Birth from the State of Hawaii available on the Internet in June 2008, it validated none of those rumors: The certificate shows his full name to be "Barack Hussein Obama II," it lists his father's race as "African" and his mother's as "Caucasian," it contains no information about religion, and it reports his birthplace as being Honolulu, Hawaii.

Moreover, both of Honolulu's major newspapers (the Advertiser and the Star-Bulletin) published announcements in August 1961 documenting the birth, in Honolulu, of a son to "Mr. and Mrs. Barack H. Obama" on 4 August 1961.

In October 2008, and again in July 2009, Hawaiian officials reported that they had personally verified that Barack Obama's original birth certificate was in the Hawaii State Department's files:

State officials say there's no doubt Barack Obama was born in Hawaii.

"I, Dr. Chiyome Fukino, director of the Hawaii State Department of Health, have seen the original vital records maintained on file by the Hawaii State Department of Health verifying Barack Hussein Obama was born in Hawaii and is a natural-born American citizen."

Fukino says that no state official, including Gov. Linda Lingle, ever instructed that Obama's certificate be handled differently from any other. She says state law bars release of a certified birth certificate to anyone who does not have a tangible interest in it.

In January 2009, a teacher at the Honolulu prep school attended by Barack Obama recalled discussing his birth with the obstetrician who had delivered him:

When Barack Hussein Obama places his hand on the Bible to take the oath of office as 44th president of the United States, Barbara Nelson of Kenmore will undoubtedly think back to the day he was born. It was Aug. 4, 1961, at Kapi'olani Medical Center for Women & Children in Honolulu.

"I may be the only person left who specifically remembers his birth. His parents are gone, his grandmother is gone, the obstetrician who delivered him is gone," said Nelson, referring to Dr. Rodney T. West, who died in February at the age of 98. Here's the story: Nelson was having dinner at the Outrigger Canoe Club on Waikiki Beach with Dr. West, the father of her college friend, Jo-Anne. Making conversation, Nelson turned to Dr. West and said: "So, tell me something interesting that happened this week," she recalls.

His response: "Well, today, Stanley had a baby. Now that's something to write home about."

The new mother was Stanley (later referred to by her middle name of Ann) Dunham, and the baby was Barack Hussein Obama.

"I penned the name on a napkin, and I did write home about it," said Nelson, knowing that her father, Stanley A. Czurles, director of the Art Education Department at Buffalo State College, would be interested in the "Stanley" connection.

She also remembers Dr. West mentioning that the baby's father was the first black student at the University of Hawaii and how taken he was by the baby's name.

"I remember Dr. West saying 'Barack Hussein Obama, now that's a musical name,'" said Nelson.

Ten years after that memorable birth announcement, Nelson would hear the Obama name again. This time, the father, now a Kenyan government official, was coming to speak at the Punahou School in Honolulu where Nelson was teaching and where his 10-year-old son was a newly enrolled fifth-grader.

He has. The "birthers" just don't believe it's real. That's the point at which you throw up your hands and say "!@#$ off, idiots".

It's also a bull **** issue. The idea that "natural born citizen" means "born within the boundaries of US juristiction" is at best uncertain. "Natural born" could just as easily mean "born to parents with US citizenship regardless of location". And it varies by statute, regulation, and case law. Demanding a birth certificate as proof of "natural born citizenship" is giving the term far more of a concrete definition than it actually possesses.

Freedom of speech. It's his billboard, does not contain swearing or nudity and it's not against zoning rules, so who cares.

Unless of course it was your side on the billboard, in which case you would be running around with your panties in a wad.