Pike

billsfan_34

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to see him next week in Pitt.

I agree that he could use some grooming behind a vet which is why I hope we pick up both a rookie and a vet this offseason.

How he performs in the Pitt game is going to go a long way toward his draft position, I think. He's looked great in his games, but he hasn't faced too much tough competition. Pitt's D should test him.

While I really like him and would be happy to see him drafted, I just don't think the Bills are in position to draft a QB who needs time to develop. Pike will almost certainly go in the 2nd round (if he doesn't move into the first), and I think the Bills are better off getting either a couple linemen or a lineman and a LB in the first two rounds. It's a good, deep daft for D-linemen and LB's, and I think a very good player can be found in the top of round 2.

This is who I want the Bills to draft in the first round. He is big, strong arm, keeps his eyes down field, good pocket presence, can play in the elements and very savvy. I honestly would rather have him than Tebow. This kid reminds me of Roethslisberger.

I would take almost anyone over Tebow, he is not an NFL QB. If you want to see a Big Ben clone, check out Ryan Mallet.

How he performs in the Pitt game is going to go a long way toward his draft position, I think. He's looked great in his games, but he hasn't faced too much tough competition. Pitt's D should test him.

While I really like him and would be happy to see him drafted, I just don't think the Bills are in position to draft a QB who needs time to develop. Pike will almost certainly go in the 2nd round (if he doesn't move into the first), and I think the Bills are better off getting either a couple linemen or a lineman and a LB in the first two rounds. It's a good, deep daft for D-linemen and LB's, and I think a very good player can be found in the top of round 2.

Not just at QB. PLEASE no more major projects in the early rounds until this team becomes respectable on the field.

All QB's need time to develop....Pike, Mallet whoever they end up getting.

I would think the Bills would be smart and draft a lineman in the first round ,QB in the second.

No matter who they pick at QB they need somebody to open holes in the run game and protect the passer .

Heck if Fitz continues to play decent, I would keep him, let him run the show for the first few games and let the rookie come in when he is ready.

Not just at QB. PLEASE no more major projects in the early rounds until this team becomes respectable on the field.

I think all QB's out of college are projects and a gamble...but to be good in the NFL you need a general on the field..and in the afc east...you better have one who can play in the elements. This team will be much more respectable when they are coached properly and hardened. The injuries on this team arent a fluke...its a trend and they dont lie...poor training, preparation etc...

I would take almost anyone over Tebow, he is not an NFL QB. If you want to see a Big Ben clone, check out Ryan Mallet.

Ryan Mallet is HORRIBLE. I have watched this guy since he came in at Michigan and while he has had some nice games this year, he cannot move at all. He makes terrible decisions. He is far from a Big Ben clone. This guy is like Rob Johnson with much more limited mobility. Absolutely terrible.

Pike is 6-6 and 225lbs. He certainly has room to grow, but that's far from a toothpick.

He plays in a no-huddle spread.

So he is another product of the system. Oh Yay!

Jesus, 6 TD's is real !@#$ing tough to ignore.

What top college QB doesnt throw like this week in and week out? Graham Harrell was tough to ignore too, until the draft came around and people realized he was a product of the system he was playing in.

Awful is vince ferragamo....fitz isnt awful...hes decent which means a solid 2nd stringer. He is a pretty serviceable QB who doesnt have alot of start in this league.

IMO it's Fitz's pocket presence and awareness that makes him a better QB than Edwards. He will stand and deliver with pressure coming straight at him. We all know what the Captain chooses to do in those situations. And he feels the pressure better and will step up, slide, or roll out to avoid it while looking to throw downfield. What a concept!

That only makes him better than Trent though, not the answer to our franchise QB search.

Ryan Mallet is HORRIBLE. I have watched this guy since he came in at Michigan and while he has had some nice games this year, he cannot move at all. He makes terrible decisions. He is far from a Big Ben clone. This guy is like Rob Johnson with much more limited mobility. Absolutely terrible.

I could not agree more. Check out what Mallett did against Alabama this year--probably haven't seen worse QB play all year.

As for Pike, the thing that I like about him is how good he is in the redzone. That's what separates good QB's from great ones--he can really read the field wel and fire it in in tight spaces.

Sam Bradford should be #1 on our board. He is ultra accurate, with a strong arm. He might slip to us because of his injury, but i really doubt it. He has Peyton Manning-like accuracy, and does a very good job of anticipating receivers being open. He also makes good decisions, can read defenses, and has a quick release.

His only short comings are his injuries, but he is far too talented to pass up if he falls to us. If i was looking for the next Tom Brady or Peyton Manning, I would look for someone with traits like Bradford.

Continues to play decent? Let me know WHEN he starts to play decent. Fitz is awful.

He plays the game better than Trent,I know that is not saying alot but Fitz has some relationship/can handle T.O. and at least knows who his main weapons are.

So I say he is the best we have right now. I would not say he is awful but he is a backup at best.