Black Friday

Just Jack

I actually went to K-Mart @ 9:15, parking wasn't bad, they had what I went there for in plain sight, there was nobody in line at the checkout near the sporting goods, and I was out of there in less than 10 minutes. Saved $35 on an electric scooter for the boy...

I had my eye on a HP printer at Office Max for $75 (normally $150). Figured I would take a shot when I woke up to see if it was still there since it's in a quiet plaza. Left the house about 8:00, took the back way that few know about, grabbed the last printer, out of the store in 3 minutes and home by 8:30.

Normally, I wouldn't leave my house today but everything lined up perfectly for an idiot free trip.

I actually went to K-Mart @ 9:15, parking wasn't bad, they had what I went there for in plain sight, there was nobody in line at the checkout near the sporting goods, and I was out of there in less than 10 minutes. Saved $35 on an electric scooter for the boy...

A Rascal? :thumbsup:

I'm in for the day. I'm stayin away from all of the stores. I don't get the people who get up at 2am to make sure they are there for the opening of the stores at 3am. :censored:

first time in a long time I am not a part of it, and i really miss the whole dynamic of it. it is alot of fun to be such a big part of such 'organized' chaos

Are you kidding me! I have never stepped foot in a store on this day... Never will.

I consider my self a "New Dealer" (If that is even posssible)... Making T-Day the last Thurs. of Nov. was one of the worst things FDR did.

I guess it is okay if wanton American consumerism is your thing... :thumbsup:

Shoot me, call me a lib or whatever... I still never bought into the Norman Rockwell picture and the "freedom from want."

A Rascal? :thumbsup:

I'm in for the day. I'm stayin away from all of the stores. I don't get the people who get up at 2am to make sure they are there for the opening of the stores at 3am. :censored:

Ya same here. Do we really need anymore junk? Then to boot, stuffed all under the Christmas tree. I was raised getting one maybe two NICE gifts. I mean really, that is why the stores want you in with the teaser items... To get you to spend more on other crap.

no i am not kidding...i worked the retail end of things and loved the excitement and chaos leading up to the day and the anticipation to see how we did....and yeah i am not opposed to wantan consumerism...if people want to get excited about spending money on stuff they want or need or don't even need that's their thing.....

Are you kidding me! I have never stepped foot in a store on this day... Never will.

I consider my self a "New Dealer" (If that is even posssible)... Making T-Day the last Thurs. of Nov. was one of the worst things FDR did.

Shoot me, call me a lib or whatever... I still never bought into the Norman Rockwell picture and the "freedom from want."

no i am not kidding...i worked the retail end of things and loved the excitement and chaos leading up to the day and the anticipation to see how we did....and yeah i am not opposed to wantan consumerism...if people want to get excited about spending money on stuff they want or need or don't even need that's their thing.....

I can understand the excitement from the employee side of it. Kind of like a realy busy night in the restaurants, say New Years Eve. You spend a few days getting prepped for it and when it goes off well it rocks. When it doesn't there is no worse feeling in the world. I've not cooked professionally for nearly 10 years but I still have those cook's nightmares.

This post reminds me of the Jackson Browne song

Well we guard our world with locks and guns

And we guard our fine possessions

And once a year when Christmas comes

We give to our relations

And perhaps we give a little to the poor

If the generosity should seize us

But if any one of us should interfere

In the business of why there are poor

They get the same as the rebel Jesus

Went to the Niagara Falls Target and it was crowded. 50% of the vehicles had Ontario plates.

Inside was jam-packed. Lines at the checkouts were 20-25 people deep and we exited without any purchased.

Went to Viola's and enjoyed their 24 hour Sub marathon.

Anyone who has had a Viola's sub knows how good they are.

Gonna take Mrs. Lew and MIL shopping on Sat.

The KMart on Military Road was packed also.

Gonna take Mrs. Lew and MIL shopping on Sat.

Funny what the letter "F" does to a phrase like MIL. ;):thumbdown:

I read your post the first time fast and thought: "Damn, you the man Lew!" Then, I read it again. You can tell where my mind is! <_<:rolleyes:

I pitty you Lew. I wanna be nowhere near the shopping dynamic-duo one calls my wife and mother-in-law... NOWWHERE NEAR!