Long wait until the Bills hire a new HC

Jerry Jabber

Step one was completed with "The Dick" getting the boot.

Step two, a majority of us fans finally are getting our wish, Ralph is interviewing the top HC's available and is offering a lot to get one.

It was great to hear that Brandon & Shanahan talked over a 2 day period for over 7 hours, that's very encouraging news. So far, we've heard from local and national "so called" football experts either saying we'll get Shanahan or we won't get him or any other big name coach. IMO, a lot of these "so called" experts are a bunch of clowns. If Ralph is very serious (like he claims) and will offer up to $10 million a year on a proven HC, plus meet the HC's stipulations, that HC will sign with us. But, we have to wait until the season is over with. Expect a bunch names being called in for interviews over the next 7 to 8 weeks.

Seeing Perry Fewell's work as interim HC is a breath of fresh air. Having the team practice in pads and having more practices than "The Dick". Practicing outside instead of the field house to get used to the bad weather. Now, it's very unlikely that Fewell will get the Bills HC position or even be retained as DC next year, but at least he's busting his butt off and trying to turn this team around. IMO, I think he could be a good head coach somehwere in the league.

Right now, we need a proven guy to get us on the right track. IMO, I hope Shanahan is that guy. He's been able to beat Belichick multiple times in the playoffs and that's exactly what we need.

Re: hiring a new head coach. It's like they told us in high school Drivers Education: "Expect the unexpected."

I for one do not want Shanahan, Gruden, Dungy, Cowher, or Holmgren. They have already won SBs so they really have nothing to prove.

I want a young HC who is willing to take this completely screwed up team, remold them and win a championship. A coach who still has a lot to prove.

A coach who has already won the SB probably wouldn't try as hard.

Re: hiring a new head coach. It's like they told us in high school Drivers Education: "Expect the unexpected."

I for one do not want Shanahan, Gruden, Dungy, Cowher, or Holmgren. They have already won SBs so they really have nothing to prove.

I want a young HC who is willing to take this completely screwed up team, remold them and win a championship. A coach who still has a lot to prove.

A coach who has already won the SB probably wouldn't try as hard.

Gregg Williams, Mike Mularkey, next young HC to go two, three and out for the Bills?

NO thanks. I'll take a proven commodity...