Madden Advice

BuffOrange

Just picked up Madden this week. How do you run the ball? I'm 2-0 in the preseason playing on All-Pro, but I can't run the ball to save my life. I try to not hit speed burst right away and follow my blocks and all that. Do you hit juke/stiff arm when you're trying to get thru the line? What works best?

Just picked up Madden this week.  How do you run the ball?  I'm 2-0 in the preseason playing on All-Pro, but I can't run the ball to save my life.  I try to not hit speed burst right away and follow my blocks and all that.  Do you hit juke/stiff arm when you're trying to get thru the line?  What works best?

122848[/snapback]

Play the running mini-game. After spending 30 minutes there, you should see your running in games improve greatly.

Just picked up Madden this week.  How do you run the ball?  I'm 2-0 in the preseason playing on All-Pro, but I can't run the ball to save my life.  I try to not hit speed burst right away and follow my blocks and all that.  Do you hit juke/stiff arm when you're trying to get thru the line?  What works best?

122848[/snapback]

It takes time..You have to learn the game. I learned by playing NFL2k5...Once I mastered it there it was easier in Madden. I love the fact that it is harder to run this year. I have actually had games where I have run 25 plus times for only 75 yards...

Still have those occasional games where I run like 17 times for 170 yeards though.

there are few running plays that work regularly... I only use three, maybe four running plays, and I just switch sides... sometimes I get no yards, then I will break one for ten. But I have found there are only a few plays that actually work. depending on your playbook, one that works well is the BIG formation in the offset I. Change all your blockers to the best run blockers in the formation using the substitution screen. Take out your TE and WR and put in your best run blockers for the running plays. I use the Vermeil playbook. You have to use the Playmaker option to switch sides, read the defense and run the the side where you think you'll have the best chance. If all you do is call a play, line up and run it, you will have NO success. You have to shift, use playmaker, and read defenses constantly.

Play the running mini-game.  After spending 30 minutes there, you should see your running in games improve greatly.

122853[/snapback]

Mini camp is great.

When in game mode I try to be patient and follow the blocks. If you go into a goal line offense and run TH through the "C" gap you can count of at least 10 yards...if MW picks up the safety its a TD.