Kelly: Move on from Edwards. Target Tebow. (linkage)

Lv-Bills

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, its a fact. None of what you listed means **** if Tebow can't deliver the ball from the pocket. Name me one franchise QB that wasn't a pocket passer.

Who says he can't deliver the ball... Obviuosly he does it in college at FLA. Who knows what he can do in the bigs... That has yet to be seen.

Fran Tarkington wasn't a pocket passer. Yet, he went through the Giants organization back to the Vikings.

I mean Tebow is 6'5" 250... That is nice.

What I don't understand is why Jim Kelly is making statements that are clearly not advantageous to Trent Edwards or the Buffalo Bills at this point in time. As an owner you owe your players a little more respect in my opinion. It just decreases the confidence of a player and the value of a football team especially as we search for a new HC. Why advertise your starting QB is not worth the time or effort and what your intentions should be in the next draft, brilliant.

If Jim Kelly wants to be part owner of the Buffalo Bills then he really should start acting like an owner and keep his personal opinions to himself. There's a time and a place for everything and now is clearly not the time and the place to run down your current players.

Why would I want to come and coach for a football team that treats their own players like trash, now what does that tell me about your organization.

I could not disagree more. Kelly should be applauded for his support and speaking his mind.

Who says he can't deliver the ball... Obviuosly he does it in college at FLA. Who knows what he can do in the bigs... That has yet to be seen.

Fran Tarkington wasn't a pocket passer. Yet, he went through the Giants organization back to the Vikings.

Tarkenton did not play in the modern NFL (he could still effectively throw from the pocket). The reason people are questioning his ability to play QB in the NFL, is because he has shown a very marginal ability to throw NFL passes. Tebow does not excel throwing the ball, and his biggest strength is his mobility... which is something that will be severely impugned by NFL defenses.

Guest dog14787
I could not disagree more. Kelly should be applauded for his support and speaking his mind.

Even if it changes a possible HC candidate's mind like Mike Shanahan, Brilliant.

Tarkenton did not play in the modern NFL (he could still effectively throw from the pocket). The reason people are questioning his ability to play QB in the NFL, is because he has shown a very marginal ability to throw NFL passes. Tebow does not excel throwing the ball, and his biggest strength is his mobility... which is something that will be severely impugned by NFL defenses.

I don't know... I think you are seeing a paradigm shift with NFL offense... Vick went to prison... Slowed things down a bit. Look how the wildcat wrinkle has been gaiining traction.

I say draft him... The Bills will be ahead of the curve.

Of course I may be totally wrong... Yet, look how the QB rules are changing... IE: The Brady Rule.

For once I want to see the Bills blaze their own trail with vision. Things are not going to stay the same. The dynamic is changing.

I don't know... I think you are seeing a paradigm shift with NFL offense... Vick went to prison... Slowed things down a bit. Look how the wildcat wrinkle has been gaiining traction.

I say draft him... The Bills will be ahead of the curve.

Of course I may be totally wrong... Yet, look how the QB rules are changing... IE: The Brady Rule.

For once I want to see the Bills blaze their own trail with vision. Things are not going to stay the same. The dynamic is changing.

You're right, things won't stay the same. The NFL is becoming more and more a pocket passer's league. The Brady rule is evidence of that. So is the fact that the winning percentage of teams with a 100 yard rusher is at an all time low. Accurate, efficient QBs that don't turn the ball over win games.

I would not spend a 1st or 2nd round pick on a QB so he can play in the Wildcat. Especially if that player runs more like a FB, rather than the elusive style that helps a player avoid big hits. If Tebow tries running the way he does in college when he gets to the NFL, he will be on IR before week 8.

We would be far better off drafting a QB like Bradford.

You're right, things won't stay the same. The NFL is becoming more and more a pocket passer's league. The Brady rule is evidence of that. So is the fact that the winning percentage of teams with a 100 yard rusher is at an all time low. Accurate, efficient QBs that don't turn the ball over win games.

I would not spend a 1st or 2nd round pick on a QB so he can play in the Wildcat. Especially if that player runs more like a FB, rather than the elusive style that helps a player avoid big hits. If Tebow tries running the way he does in college when he gets to the NFL, he will be on IR before week 8.

We would be far better off drafting a QB like Bradford.

I think it has reached its peak as a pocket passer league... I see the league shifting AWAY from that IMO. Of course this is my opinion...

Anyway... I don't know about the IR thing... Most Rb's tend to hold up... I can't see why a BIG mobile Qb can't either.

I think it has reached its peak as a pocket passer league... I see the league shifting AWAY from that IMO. Of course this is my opinion...

Anyway... I don't know about the IR thing... Most Rb's tend to hold up... I can't see why a BIG mobile Qb can't either.

The difference between a RB and QB is that a RB runs lower to the ground, and therefore avoids the devastating hit. That is why you rarely see RBs over 6-1, with most being 5-11 or smaller. Tebow's height will do him no favors when it comes to holding up when running up the middle. Tebow runs upright, and NFL linebackers will have plenty of opportunities to lay some big hits on him.

Guest dog14787
If a possible head coach is influenced by something a former player says what does that say about the mythical head coaching candidate.

What, something said that probably has TE playing for another club next season and the candidate was actually interested in TE like say Mike Martz already stated he was, so the so called mythical HC candidate has a reason to change his mind now doesn't he.

What, something said that probably has TE playing for another club next season and the candidate was actually interested in TE like say Mike Martz already stated he was, so the so called mythical HC candidate has a reason to change his mind now doesn't he.

:thumbdown: yes, yes he does.

A former players opinion should influence a current or future head coach.

No, its a fact. None of what you listed means **** if Tebow can't deliver the ball from the pocket. Name me one franchise QB that wasn't a pocket passer.

Are you saying that Tebow cannot throw the ball from the pocket?

You are entitled to your opinion, which is what you are posting here. Vince Young seems to be having a pretty good run. What do you consider him?

The NFL game is undergoing a change. Most teams are using some form of the wildcat. Remember, there was a time in the NFL the pass was all but considered a gimick. Sammy Baugh and Sid Luckman (and others) changed the texture of the game. I'm pretty sure there were similar discussions, then.

You don't think Tebow will make it as an NFL QB. Fine. You are entitled to your opinion. I and a lot of of others think Tebow will continue to have the same success in the NFL that he's had throughout his high school and college career.

Stop confusing him with facts.

Dog,

You're a great poster and all but could you re-write this and hand it back in?

Guest dog14787
Dog,

You're a great poster and all but could you re-write this and hand it back in?

I deserve an F and I'm not settling for anything else.

Thanks though, been called many things on TSW, but great poster has not been one of them.