Kelly: Move on from Edwards. Target Tebow. (linkage)

Lv-Bills

Let me put it to you this way, suppose by some chance Shanahan was real close to deciding on taking the offer with the Buffalo Bills and despite some of the problems in the past with TE, because of the way he builds the O-line and runs the ball, he thinks he can turn Trent Edwards career around and then all this comes out, now what purpose did you just serve.

Why would he care. Nothing Jim Kelly say's is gonna change his opinion on Trent. I mean what's he gonna do go,"Man Jim kelly's gotta big mouth I'm not gonna take theBills job"?

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest dog14787
Those chances are VERY small. Let's put it THIS way. If shanahan (that is a really big if) thinks edwards is a franchise NFL QB, he is one of like 6 people in the entire world that think so.

I realize Trent Edwards is done here in Buffalo I really do, this is more about treating a member of your football team and your organization with the same amount of loyalty and respect as they gave you.

Jim Kelly can say he's not an owner or not involved in an official capacity, but he's still a part of the Buffalo Bills.

Guest dog14787
Why would he care. Nothing Jim Kelly say's is gonna change his opinion on Trent. I mean what's he gonna do go,"Man Jim kelly's gotta big mouth I'm not gonna take theBills job"?

No, I'm looking more at the idea of damn they treat their players like crap so is this what I'm entitled to in the future, bad mouth me while I'm still coach.

I realize Trent Edwards is done here in Buffalo I really do, this is more about treating a member of your football team and your organization with the same amount of loyalty and respect as they gave you.

Jim Kelly can say he's not an owner or not involved in an official capacity, but he's still a part of the Buffalo Bills.

How is Jim Kelly mistreating Edwards? By saying he should be replaced? Hot damn, then Perry Fewell needs to be fired, NOW! I mean, if Kelly is being a jerk by saying edwards should be replaced, then Fewell is Much worse! He is treating edwards unfairly for ACTUALLY benching him! for shame. Benching players on your own team. Who heard of such nonsense.

this is the mudslapping about Edwards that came from Kelly:

"I like Trent personally," Kelly told USA TODAY. "He works hard. But he's had three years. It's time to find somebody who is the future of the Buffalo Bills."

Man, what a monster. This has ruined any chance Trent has of a football career. Saying he likes trent and that he works hard. How dare does Kelly treat a player like "crap" and say such mean and horrible things?

Guest dog14787
How is Jim Kelly mistreating Edwards? By saying he should be replaced? Hot damn, then Perry Fewell needs to be fired, NOW! I mean, if Kelly is being a jerk by saying edwards should be replaced, then Fewell is Much worse! He is treating edwards unfairly for ACTUALLY benching him! for shame. Benching players on your own team. Who heard of such nonsense.

Benching TE is one thing and Fewell has handled everything in a very professional manner, but you don't see Fewell proclaiming to the world TE is done here in Buffalo.

this is the mudslapping about Edwards that came from Kelly:

"I like Trent personally," Kelly told USA TODAY. "He works hard. But he's had three years. It's time to find somebody who is the future of the Buffalo Bills."

Man, what a monster. This has ruined any chance Trent has of a football career. Saying he likes trent and that he works hard. How dare does Kelly treat a player like "crap" and say such mean and horrible things?

Its not his call to make and it was piss poor time to make it in my opinion.

Benching TE is one thing and Fewell has handled everything in a very professional manner, but you don't see Fewell proclaiming to the world TE is done here in Buffalo.

He didn't say TE was done in Buffalo :thumbsup:

He said they needed a new starter. Just like every other commentater has said. and he didn't make a "call." It isn't his call to make, like you said. You want to know why it isn't his call to make? Because he ISN'T part of the team right now. Unless he is working in the office or playing on the field, he aint on that team.

Jim Kelly isn't making a "call" and benching edwards. He is stating an opinion. If you think Jim Kelly, a third party who is NOT working for the Bills cannot speak his mind, then you must really hate free speach. He has every right to speak his mind.

Saying to get a new starter as the "future" of the bills isn't treating Edwards like "crap." Treating him like crap would be insulting him, calling him to be cut right now, saying he is lazy, has done nothing in the 3 years he has been here, he is the main problem, the guy can't play, doesn't work hard, hates the game, etc.

Guest dog14787
He didn't say TE was done in Buffalo :thumbsup:

He said they needed a new starter. Just like every other commentater has said. and he didn't make a "call." It isn't his call to make, like you said. You want to know why it isn't his call to make? Because he ISN'T part of the team right now. Unless he is working in the office or playing on the field, he aint on that team.

Jim Kelly isn't making a "call" and benching edwards. He is stating an opinion. If you think Jim Kelly, a third party who is NOT working for the Bills cannot speak his mind, then you must really hate free speach. He has every right to speak his mind.

Saying to get a new starter as the "future" of the bills isn't treating Edwards like "crap." Treating him like crap would be insulting him, calling him to be cut right now, saying he is lazy, has done nothing in the 3 years he has been here, he is the main problem, the guy can't play, doesn't work hard, hates the game, etc.

Awwww, its all over and done with now anyway I suppose, just like TE's stay here in Buffalo is probably fixing to be, so lets just get up tomorrow or later today I should say, eat lots of Turkey and stuffing and have a Happy Thanksgiving Everyone.

Technically no one who's an owner/employee of the Buffalo Bills has said anything negative about Trent "I'm not a fan of the Buffalo Bills" Edwards. Kelly's a fan of the organization and a friend of Mr Wilson's. He is not an owner of the team though. Nor is he an employee.

While I agree with absolutely everything you're saying; this whole, "Trent Edwards - not a fan of the Buffalo Bills" thing has to stop. I heard to interview live and this is taken out of context.

It's cheap that you're implying that he doesn't care about the team.

Maybe a problem is disagreeing with everything that is said for the sake of disagreeing.

Jim Kelly is still very much the face of this franchise. He continues to support this team, and the fact that he is still around keeps fans that remember the good old days excited. He isn't exactly what I would call a "big dummy," and his comments were not even ill-intentioned. The fact that anybody could read that and come back with so much negativity is a microcosm of what is wrong with media today. It is sad that constant bashing and negativity seems to be so chic.

If Jim is impressed by Tebow, maybe you give him a second look. To act like Tebow is never going to be an NFL talent is a little bit premature. Florida is a talented team, but I would tend to think that TT had a small role in that. The guy is a monster, and he has a canon for an arm, and knows how to win. I know that Jim said a guy like Tebow, and that he hasn't actually been drafted yet either, so even if I thought Tebow was just an over rated hack that happened to be one of the most decorated QB's in the history of college football, I wouldn't have to worry just yet.

From what I had read already, Kelly, has been in contact with Wilson this entire time. He wants to keep a team in WNY, and is a proven winnner...just one of those guys that has "it." I think this is great, and it amazes me that even with a glimmer of hope, that there is still so much negativity. Winning is an attitude, and our fan base needs to have it too. There is a lot of talk about the fan base, and how great it is...why don't we show it and support our team? It would be nice if our fans yelled at the fish this Sunday, instead of our own guys for once. I feel that if every time I made a mistake, I was met with the profane screams and boos of 73,000 of my closest friends, I may have to question the 12th man, and home-field advantage.

Guest dog14787
While I agree with absolutely everything you're saying; this whole, "Trent Edwards - not a fan of the Buffalo Bills" thing has to stop. I heard to interview live and this is taken out of context.

Now doubt, I keep telling folks as much, but it just keeps popping up over and over again. ( lol, kinda like I do when you talk trash about TE) :thumbsup:

Fair enough I am taking it out of context. But the actual context it was used in irritated the crap out of me as well.

Guest dog14787
Fair enough I am taking it out of context. But the actual context it was used in irritated the crap out of me as well.

What, that he can't answer for the fans, whats he supposed to say?

Guest dog14787
wasnt it like in reference to whether or not he'd boo the team "I don't know I'm not a fan of the Buffalo Bills"

I'm not sure what difference that makes, he still can't answer the question from a fans perspective. It by no way shape or form meant he did not back the Buffalo Bills and that's exactly the way the comment has been pulled out of context and then interpreted by other readers who didn't hear the interview.

I'm not sure what difference that makes, he still can't answer the question from a fans perspective. It by no way shape or form meant he did not back the Buffalo Bills and that's exactly the way the comment has been pulled out of context and is interpreted by other readers who didn't hear the interview.

Then say I cant answer it from a fans perspective. Don't say I'm not a fan of the team I'm the starting qb for. Edwards went to Stanford he's supposed to be a smart guy. As much as we all hated Losman he never would have said anything like that. That was just a QB hearing a question he didn't like and being a :thumbsup: with his answer.

Guest dog14787
Then say I cant answer it from a fans perspective. Don't say I'm not a fan of the team I'm the starting qb for. Edwards went to Stanford he's supposed to be a smart guy. As much as we all hated Losman he never would have said anything like that. That was just a QB hering a question he didn't like and being a :thumbsup: with his answer.

Really, now if someone asked you a dumb question because thats what it was," if would you boo you", is it so hard to understand why you would come back with, I'm not a fan you would have to ask them.

Stanford has nothing to do with it, his answer was allot more intelligent then the question,good grief, come on man