[closed]Prediction on Shanahan

Just having some fun trying to interpret the circumstances of the meeting this week, and the statement that Shanahan made when it was done. Bottom line, I think he and Russ hammered out a gentlemen's agreement that they cannot announce right away due to the Rooney rule. Follow me on this logic:

- I think most would agree that meeting for 7 hours is pretty meaningful in itself. But why stretch the meeting over TWO DAYS - is this a "sleep on it" kind of thing? If nothing else, it shows me that there were some pretty in-depth conversations taking place.

- Shanahan's description of the meeting as "excellent" and "productive" are very interesting word choices to me, in that they are much more than a perfunctory description. And, he stated that he was "impressed" with Brandon's presentation. If in the end Shanahan had intentions of going elsewhere, why would it serve his interests to be so effusive in his description of the meeting? I don't think it does - unless he's just naturally an extremely gracious guy. Now, some might say that Shanahan might have subtly hyped his meeting with Russ in an effort to entice another team to offer him an even better deal. I ask, is he really going to get a better deal than $10 million a year with full control of the football operations? I doubt it.

- Shanahan said he and Russ will "stay in touch" and (paraphrasing here) "see what develops". This could mean several things but I believe this is the code phrase for, "we can't announce any results until the Bills have interviewed Fewell." Again, why did he feel it necessary to say they will stay in touch? I read this as his way of leaving the door open for a later announcement of a deal.

Call me crazy but I'm predicting right now that this is all but a done deal. OK, flame away...

[This is an automated response]

This subject matter is being currently being discussed or has already been discussed in a previous thread.

Please consider using the "search" function before starting new topics.

Thank you.