Fewell confirms that Fitz will start vs Miami

Maddog69

Guest dog14787
According to Chris Brown's Inside the Bills blog on BB.com

Not a surprising move but I was happy to see it comfirmed

No its not surprising, Fitzpatrick gives us the best chance to win.

After giving it some thought, I prefer TE sits for the remainder of the year because it gives him a better chance of getting his act together and possibly finding a new team during the off season.

Ryan Fitzpatrick has shown allot of courage and he's played really hard, he deserves a chance to prove himself.

If Ryans accuracy improves, he could really do something because there's no doubt about his arm strength, Fitzpatrick has a hell of an arm.

No its not surprising, Fitzpatrick gives us the best chance to win.

After giving it some thought, I prefer TE sits for the remainder of the year because it gives him a better chance of getting his act together and possibly finding a new team during the off season.

Ryan Fitzpatrick has shown allot of courage and he's played really hard, he deserves a chance to prove himself.

If Ryans accuracy improves, he could really do something because there's no doubt about his arm strength, Fitzpatrick has a hell of an arm.

You know what's hard for me to comprehend? Becoming an NFL QB seems like one of the hardest professions to achieve, being a STARTING NFL QB is even harder. How did Fitzpatrick make it so far with such questionable accuracy?

Easy. He got picked up as a backup QB by a team that had a HC who devalued the QB position and did not have a clue as to the skills required to be an elite athlete. Plus, they got him "on the cheap". The QB Dude 1 crapped the bed. Now it's Junior's turn.

Guest dog14787
You know what's hard for me to comprehend? Becoming an NFL QB seems like one of the hardest professions to achieve, being a STARTING NFL QB is even harder. How did Fitzpatrick make it so far with such questionable accuracy?

Fitzpatrick's accuracy will probably improve as he gains experience and gets to know his receivers better. No two receivers are exactly alike and it takes time to gel. The rookie O-line also doesn't help matters.

Ryans looks are deceiving, but his arm strength has to be up their with some of the strongest armed QB's in the league.

He might not be very accurate, But Ryan Fitzpatrick has got a cannon.

Fitzpatrick's accuracy will probably improve as he gains experience and gets to know his receivers better. No two receivers are exactly alike and it takes time to gel. The rookie O-line also doesn't help matters.

Great points. Some coaching on mechanics would probably help as well. Do we have a QB coach or is AVP pulling double duty as OC and QB coach ? If he is, he is probably not going to do justive to either position.

Guest dog14787
JP had one of the strongest arms in the NFL. He got one try out with the Bucs and isn't even the best QB in the UFL.

I wonder if JP's finger is healed well enough to play in the UFL championship, it will be his last and best chance to beat Bollinger who has really played well in the UFL.

UFL Championship 11/27, Loco's vs Tuskers, in Las Vegas Neveda http://www.ufl-football.com/

Guest dog14787
Great points. Some coaching on mechanics would probably help as well. Do we have a QB coach or is AVP pulling double duty as OC and QB coach ? If he is, he is probably not going to do justive to either position.

The Offense has improved under AVP since the bye in my opinion and Thurman Thomas reminded me of something the other day in a chat, this is not really AVP's Offense. If we do hire Shanahan, I wouldn't mind keeping Van Pelt in some capacity and I wonder if our new HC is going to consider some of our current coaches to man his staff. Keeping coaches like Bobby April would only make us better in my opinion.

No surprise, I still like TE, but I admit that Fitz played decent against the Jags.

I just hope that Fewell avoids another brainfart that he had at the end of last week's first half. Wasting 20 seconds of playtime and not giving your offense a chance to score a TD is a big reason why we lost that game.

Ryans looks are deceiving, but his arm strength has to be up their with some of the strongest armed QB's in the league.

He might not be very accurate, But Ryan Fitzpatrick has got a cannon.

Great, the second coming of JP, albeit a smarter version.

Please, enough talk of RP's "cannon" arm. Yes he seems to be able to make all the throws necessary albeit with less accuracy than we'd like to see. But his arm is no where near JP Losman's, DeMarcus Russell's, or anyone else with a legitimate rocket launcher. Those arms are rare. And even rarer are those arms that can consistently throw with accuracy.

RP is a backup. At best.

GO BILLS!!!