Pilgrim Capitalists

bills_fan

Hey now, those evil Pilgrim Capitalists who came to America and who stole and raped Mother Earth from the native indigenous working persons without government provided health care....are my family!

John Howland

John Tilley

One of my cousins did some ancestry.com research and sent the results to my Dad, which I read while I was home for Turkey Day

They never mentioned the fact about the native plague that decimated the native population at the time the English arrived. One of the reasons why it was easier to make friends with the natives at that given time.

Basically... They needed each other.

Then a very short time later (did I say VERY short time later) these same "capitalists" spawned:

Roger Williams

You be the judge of who is right and and who is wrong.

He denounced the charter of the Massachusetts Company because it falsely represented the king of England as a Christian, and assumed that he had the right to give to his own subjects the land of the natives.

Ya... Nice "capitalism" here.

:)

Hey now, those evil Pilgrim Capitalists who came to America and who stole and raped Mother Earth from the native indigenous working persons without government provided health care....are my family!

John Howland

John Tilley

One of my cousins did some ancestry.com research and sent the results to my Dad, which I read while I was home for Turkey Day

I share your pain. I am a direct descendant of Peter Minuet, who is not as well known as Peter Stuyvesant, but was the first Governor of New Amsterdam (New York, for you non history people) in the 1620's. He also was the person who bought Manhattan from the Indians for $24 worth of baubles . On a side note, he also leased what amounts to a square block of Manhattan to what is now the Dutch Reformed Church for 99 years for a bushel of wheat. If I remember correctly, it is at 1 West 29th Street. I haven't had much success getting the property back, but maybe when Obama gets "reparations" approved I can become a multi-millionare. As far as I know, he didn't infect any of the indigenous working persons with anything other than a sense of greed. My kind of guy.

Flame on, Libtards.

I share your pain. I am a direct descendant of Peter Minuet, who is not as well known as Peter Stuyvesant, but was the first Governor of New Amsterdam (New York, for you non history people) in the 1620's. He also was the person who bought Manhattan from the Indians for $24 worth of baubles . On a side note, he also leased what amounts to a square block of Manhattan to what is now the Dutch Reformed Church for 99 years for a bushel of wheat. If I remember correctly, it is at 1 West 29th Street. I haven't had much success getting the property back, but maybe when Obama gets "reparations" approved I can become a multi-millionare. As far as I know, he didn't infect any of the indigenous working persons with anything other than a sense of greed. My kind of guy.

Flame on, Libtards.

I know Minuet.

Specifically, I know of him from "Sid Meier's Colonization", a very, very old computer game. Apparently, it was a very good one, considering I learned something.

You know Minuet from a computer game?

Yeah. If you have enough Statesmen lecturing in your town halls, you can hire Minuet to make it cheaper to buy land from the Indians.

Although I usually preferred just hiring Cortez and shooting the !@#$ers for being on my land in the first place. :D

Yeah. If you have enough Statesmen lecturing in your town halls, you can hire Minuet to make it cheaper to buy land from the Indians.

Although I usually preferred just hiring Cortez and shooting the !@#$ers for being on my land in the first place. :w00t:

:D

Although I usually preferred just hiring Cortez and shooting the !@#$ers for being on my land in the first place. :D

Hey, I just sold out of all of my inventory of replica Spanish helmets to everyone of the "western tribes". They are still gullible.

I loved that game :D

I always thought it got kind of tedious after you got your economy really going. But it was, like most of Meier's games, brilliantly simple in concept and rich in execution.

By the way, it is available as abandonware, and will run on Windows.

Flame on, Libtards.

The best part about that story is that the tribe that actually lived on Manhattan island weren't the ones who sold it. It was a neighboring bunch of natives that resided elsewhere.

The best part about that story is that the tribe that actually lived on Manhattan island weren't the ones who sold it. It was a neighboring bunch of natives that resided elsewhere.

Yeah, I remember when I sold my neighbor's house to an Arab banker. Good times...

Kind of like the mortgage back securities traded there a couple centuries later