Please help me understand something

Reddy Freddy

Is it realistic to expect that if Ralph finds his guy -- Shanahan or whoever else -- he could be hired before the end of the season? I only ask because I don't remember that ever happening before with another team (i.e. a head coach is fired mid-season, an interim coach is installed, interviews take place, and a new head coach is hired and takes the reins before the end of the season).

Also, wouldn't the Bills have to formally interview Fewell or another minority coach to comply with the Rooney Rule? How would the timing of that work? Meet with Shanny, interview Fewell, offer job to Shanny?

Perhaps I don't remember a situation like this because it is very unusual for several top big-name coaches to be on the open market and not employed by another team, thus enabling them to be hired before the end of the season. In most cases a team would not hire a new coach without having a chance to at least talk to candidates from other teams.

But I guess if Ralph knows he wants Shanny (or someone else who is out there), there's nothing that would stop him from hiring someone right away. It's just unconventional.

Is it realistic to expect that if Ralph finds his guy -- Shanahan or whoever else -- he could be hired before the end of the season? I only ask because I don't remember that ever happening before with another team (i.e. a head coach is fired mid-season, an interim coach is installed, interviews take place, and a new head coach is hired and takes the reins before the end of the season).

Also, wouldn't the Bills have to formally interview Fewell or another minority coach to comply with the Rooney Rule? How would the timing of that work? Meet with Shanny, interview Fewell, offer job to Shanny?

Perhaps I don't remember a situation like this because it is very unusual for several top big-name coaches to be on the open market and not employed by another team, thus enabling them to be hired before the end of the season. In most cases a team would not hire a new coach without having a chance to at least talk to candidates from other teams.

But I guess if Ralph knows he wants Shanny (or someone else who is out there), there's nothing that would stop him from hiring someone right away. It's just unconventional.

I doubt this would happen, but I think it would be great to get Shanny on the sideline ASAP. Essentially it gives us extra preseason games to get ready for next year. Anything that would help speed the transition would be "The Minty"

Think....youre looking for a job and you know in three months FIVE different companies will be bidding HIGH for your services.

Assuming youre financially set....even if offered a lucrative salary, would you take a job today?

I sure as hell wouldnt.

Think....youre looking for a job and you know in three months FIVE different companies will be bidding HIGH for your services.

Assuming youre financially set....even if offered a lucrative salary, would you take a job today?

I sure as hell wouldnt.

If it was the company I wanted to work for and the right location, yes. The money is obviously going to be very similar. Too many unknowns. What if those 5 others end up not having job openings?

If it was the company I wanted to work for and the right location, yes. The money is obviously going to be very similar. Too many unknowns. What if those 5 others end up not having job openings?

If Ralph were to hire Shanahan asap and get him in it would be a rare good move by Ralph. Why wait until the end of the season? Get in here and assess what you have or don't have. Get his staff together and so on. Not like the Bills are going to salvage anything this season anyway. But, i'll believe it when I see it.