What about this guy? Steelers OC

I don't know what candidates want the job, so I just look at the staffs of successful teams. Here's one (he has worked with Manning and Rothelisberger)....

From the Steelers Website:

"Bruce Arians begins his third season as offensive coordinator under new head coach Mike Tomlin, following three seasons as the Steelers wide receivers coach. It marks the fourth time he is serving as an offensive coordinator in his coaching career, including one previous time in the NFL and twice at the collegiate ranks.

Arians, named to the Steelers’ coaching staff on Jan. 24, 2004, has over 32 years of coaching experience, including 16 years in the NFL.

Arians has been instrumental in the development of quarterback Ben Roethlisberger. With 51 career wins, including a 22-9 mark during Arians’ two seasons as offensive coordinator, Roethlisberger has a .718 winning percentage, trailing only Tom Brady among active quarterbacks. Roethlisberger also became the second youngest quarterback to win two Super Bowls (26 years, 336 days) when the Steelers defeated the Arizona Cardinals, 27-23, in Super Bowl XLIII.

Arians, 56, helped All-Pro wide receiver Hines Ward become one of the best wideouts in the NFL over the past five seasons. During Arians’ first five seasons with Pittsburgh, Ward has been to the Pro Bowl twice and was named Super Bowl XL MVP after finishing with 123 receiving yards and one touchdown. Ward also became the Steelers’ all-time receptions leader, surpassing Hall of Famer John Stallworth, and in 2007 became the team’s career leader in receiving yards and touchdown receptions.

Arians also guided the Steelers to one of its most productive offensive years in the team’s history. In his first year as offensive coordinator in 2007, Arians helped Roethlisberger get elected to his first Pro Bowl as he broke Terry Bradshaw’s longstanding team record for most TD passes in a season with 32. Roethlisberger also finished with a career-best and team-record QB rating of 104.1.

Prior to the Steelers, Arians spent three seasons (2001-2003) as the offensive coordinator for the Cleveland Browns. In 2002 under Arians’ guidance, the Browns scored their most points since the 1987 season and also improved in virtually every major offensive category from the three years prior to his arrival.

Arians was instrumental in the development of Indianapolis Colts quarterback Peyton Manning, while serving as the Colts’ quarterback coach for three years (1998-2000). Under Arians’ tutelage, Manning totaled 4,413 yards and 33 touchdowns in 2000 to break his own club season record. His 33 touchdown passes in 2000 established a Colts’ franchise record previously held by John Unitas.

He began his coaching career in 1975 as a graduate assistant at Virginia Tech. A 1974 Hokie graduate, Arians played quarterback and was voted the team’s most valuable player as a senior.

Arians then held an assistant coaching position at Mississippi State (running backs and wide receivers) from 1978-80 before heading to Alabama to coach the running backs from 1981-82 under the legendary Paul “Bear” Bryant.

He was also the head coach atTemple University from 1983-88. Arians also held positions with the Kansas City Chiefs (running backs, 1989-92), Mississippi State (offensive coordinator, 1993-95), New Orleans Saints (tight ends, 1996) and Alabama (offensive coordinator, 1997"

I like Arians however Steelers coordinators don't traditionally have a lot of success as NFL HC's. At least not since the Cowher era. I mean Gailey,LeBeau,and Mularkey have all bombed as HC's. So while he does have a good resume I think I'll pass.

Interesting name to pop up. He coached here in Buffalo too, didn't he?

Arians was off my radar screen. I'd consider him maybe as an offensive coordinator but not as a head coach. Of course to lure him away, they'd have to offer big money and the Assistant Head Coach title so it's very doubtful he'll end up here.

I like Arians however Steelers coordinators don't traditionally have a lot of success as NFL HC's. At least not since the Cowher era. I mean Gailey,LeBeau,and Mularkey have all bombed as HC's. So while he does have a good resume I think I'll pass.

Don't forget the success of Whisenhunt. Also, I don't think LeBeau was ever given a fair shake in having to coach the Bengals during some of their worst years. All that being said, I want nothing to do with Arians.

Interesting name to pop up. He coached here in Buffalo too, didn't he?

You're probably thinking of placekicker Jake Arians, Bruce's son, who was in and out of Buffalo in the days 'tween Steve Christie and Rian Lindell (so was Cincinnati's Shayne Graham, a former Pro Bowl kicker).

The Steelers fans I know despise Arians, and not without just cause. I don't watch them regularly enough to pick up tendencies but these folks do and I usually take them at their word.

Arians has given Roethlisberger a lot of the playcalling responsibilities in recent years, and the team has had a fundamental shift from a power run-based offense to one that's much more pass happy. That is the reason a lot of Stiller fans are up in arms, especially the old school ones who long for the days of Franco and Rocky Blier.

As a head coaching candidate, I'm not so sure I'd want Arians here. Maybe, if the Bills hire a very good up and coming GM who firmly believes Arians can lead this team. But since I'm not so sure that will happen and the Bills seem to be favoring a move to hire a name coach and giving 'em total control, then I don't know if Arians is the answer.

The Steelers fans I know despise Arians, and not without just cause. I don't watch them regularly enough to pick up tendencies but these folks do and I usually take them at their word.

Agreed. Most of my friends are Steelers fans and don't like him.

Personally, I think Arians bites. His playcalling is more predictable than Steve Fairchild's. Ben R. basically bails that team out on 3rd and long consistently.