Looking at what comes after Wilson

l< j

None of these top-tier candidates (Shanahan, Cower, etc) are going to commit to the Bills without a lot of money, significant power over all aspects of the football personnel, and a solid understanding of the stability of the franchise going forward. They are going to want to know what the succession plan is should the actuarial tables ever catch up to Wilson. Vague assurances won't cut it either, IMO.

I think that how this search or searches play out will show a lot about the long term status of the team.

kj

None of these top-tier candidates (Shanahan, Cower, etc) are going to commit to the Bills without a lot of money, significant power over all aspects of the football personnel, and a solid understanding of the stability of the franchise going forward. They are going to want to know what the succession plan is should the actuarial tables ever catch up to Wilson. Vague assurances won't cut it either, IMO.

I think that how this search or searches play out will show a lot about the long term status of the team.

kj

I'm been wondering about that from the start. For the better part of ten years Ralph has been more concerned about "status quo" then a real re-building project. Now all of a sudden he is going for broke? Also don't discount Brandon's role in it. It kind of feels like a power play to get a high level position with a new regime. "I brought this guy in" For a team that's lacked direction for a decade, why the sudden urge to take one?