Wood has successful surgery and Mckinney out for the year

ACor58

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm 25, 6'2, 220.

I can almost bench my own body weight (haven't been on a steady lifting schedule for years) and can string together 3, may be 4 sub-8 minute miles.

I've never played organized football.

Right now I'm in Ithaca, NY, I can be in Buffalo by 4. Never fear, Bills fans, help is on the way.

Can someone who actually knows what their talking about (not the wannabe trainers on the board) explain exactly what Wood had done?

Also, I honestly think Wood will be fine by next season, and McKinney, well, no offense to him but he's not going to be on this team for long anyhow. Wood will get some time off and a ton of painkillers, he'll get revered by his teammates, coaches, and the media, and he'll have plenty of time in the weight room not only for rehabilitation, but to keep his upper body strength up. That's a few months away, of course, but I'm really really skeptical of the people calling this a career-ender just because they saw what happened to Joe Theismann live on MNF years ago.

Can someone who actually knows what their talking about (not the wannabe trainers on the board) explain exactly what Wood had done?

Also, I honestly think Wood will be fine by next season, and McKinney, well, no offense to him but he's not going to be on this team for long anyhow. Wood will get some time off and a ton of painkillers, he'll get revered by his teammates, coaches, and the media, and he'll have plenty of time in the weight room not only for rehabilitation, but to keep his upper body strength up. That's a few months away, of course, but I'm really really skeptical of the people calling this a career-ender just because they saw what happened to Joe Theismann live on MNF years ago.

Unless you are the doctor who operated on Wood you can't say how bad it is and whether he can play again. Yes bone breaks are generally better than getting your knew ripped to shreads, but a lot can go wrong with healing bones, and a double break of the tib & fib are as bad as they get. It's no sure thing.

PTR

I actually don't think anyone here knows outside of broad terms: give him drugs, cut his leg open, realign the bones, probably secure them with pins/screws/plates/Elmer's Glue, and sew him up.

Beyond that, the details probably depend on the precise nature of the break, which no one but his doctors really knows.

I'm 25, 6'2, 220.

I can almost bench my own body weight (haven't been on a steady lifting schedule for years) and can string together 3, may be 4 sub-8 minute miles.

I've never played organized football.

Right now I'm in Ithaca, NY, I can be in Buffalo by 4. Never fear, Bills fans, help is on the way.

:lol: I'm 6'0" 188 and eight months removed from spinal micro-surgery. Haven't played organized football in two years, and haven't played a non-kicking position in three. But I did start a football game at TE my 'rookie' season of semi-pro. I'll be waiting by the phone, Russ.

:lol: I'm 6'0" 188 and eight months removed from spinal micro-surgery. Haven't played organized football in two years, and haven't played a non-kicking position in three. But I did start a football game at TE my 'rookie' season of semi-pro. I'll be waiting by the phone, Russ.

Do you need a ride?