Great Article in PFW

BillsNYC

http://www.profootballweekly.com/2009/11/2...ng-big-for-2010

I've been saying this for a year now, great to see a source confirm it. I still can't believe this guy is playing any role in the coach/GM search and some here want him made President:

"Brandon is a marketing guy. He is looking for sizzle and splash to sell tickets," said one league insider. "He has no clue how to build a successful football team and clearly paid no attention to the locker room that is so important when he signed Terrell Owens. At best, he should be in charge of business operations. He is not qualified to be an NFL general manager and has no business evaluating talent, even though he might pretend to act like he knows."

And hadn't heard this:

"Brad Butler went down. Demetrius Bell was not ready physically and went out with injury. Jonathan Scott quit on the team."

A lot of the other stuff is news that's been floating around, this ties it together.

I wish folks would stop mentioning Gilbride as a candidate.

I've been saying this for a year now, great to see a source confirm it. I still can't believe this guy is playing any role in the coach/GM search and some here want him made President:

"Brandon is a marketing guy. He is looking for sizzle and splash to sell tickets," said one league insider. "He has no clue how to build a successful football team and clearly paid no attention to the locker room that is so important when he signed Terrell Owens. At best, he should be in charge of business operations. He is not qualified to be an NFL general manager and has no business evaluating talent, even though he might pretend to act like he knows."

And hadn't heard this:

"Brad Butler went down. Demetrius Bell was not ready physically and went out with injury. Jonathan Scott quit on the team."

A lot of the other stuff is news that's been floating around, this ties it together.

I wonder how Jonathan Scott quit on the team? He is so bad, how would one notice?

Is anyone else shocked to see that Parcells was mentioned? Or sad to see that Marty isn't?

I don't have any problem with him retaining his title or assisting with the search as long as when it's all said & done he has no say in football matters...personnel decisions (field personnel decisions) are beyond his capabilities.

What harm has Owens done to the Bills locker room? Every national outlet has to use an Owens reference.

How about referencing the Bills player that helped carry Wood to the cart yesterday? there was a player, not an O-lineman, who had Wood's left arm over his shoulder and guided him. I was the farthest thing from an Owens apologist before the season. I was uncomfortable with his signing. Living here (Dallas) I saw a team implode and much blame went Owens' way. With the Bills I can't complain for what I've seen for the most part. Outside of the drops he's been OK by my book. (I know that wasn't part of your comment BNYC...just my opinion)

And hadn't heard this:

His father died. I don't think he's through as a Bill.

I wonder how Jonathan Scott quit on the team? He is so bad, how would one notice?

Is anyone else shocked to see that Parcells was mentioned? Or sad to see that Marty isn't?

I was shocked about Parcells, too. I don't see any reason that he'd come to Buffalo.

Regarding Marty, it seems like the only attention he's getting is on this board. I always liked the way he coached and ran his team, but do the "insiders" know something about Marty that we don't?

I would prefer Brandon hire the coach than Ralph. Who hires the coaches for the other teams? Jerry Jones? Robert Kraft?

It is not always a GM. If Brandon can get Shanahan to Buffalo, I could care less if his background is in marketing.

I still can't believe this guy is playing any role in the coach/GM search and some here want him made President:

Oh hell no. In fact, I think it is absolutely refreshing not seeing his name mentioned.

Jauron has a better chance of producing a winning season than Chokenheimer has of reaching the SB.

And IIRC, Marty has already said he has no desire to be coaching again.

I doubt that Parcells will be hired, but we do have a few things in our favor.

1. We would be the last stop on his AFC East tour (having already worked for the Pats, Jets, and Dolphins). That would be hitting for the cycle.

2. As I understand it, he has a place in Saratoga (or at least spends a lot of time there). I realize that is not exactly next to Buffalo, but he apparently loves the track and the area.

3. He loves to rebuild teams. If he could rebuild the Bills, that would be a great accomplishment after what we have been through.

Having said that (to quote Curb Your Enthusiasm), I think that he will stay with the Dolphins unless their new owner gets in his way. The new owner also is supposedly great friends with Carl Peterson and wanted to hire him in some capacity this past year. This apparently pissed off Parcells and there was talk of him leaving months ago.