For all you Peters haters

BeastMode54

I see, but how much more? Why then would they give the option to revise for 50%, 60%, 75%? I guess I'm not getting something... :wallbash:

The other options are there so that you can compare guys like Joe Thomas, who have played in over 75% of their team's offensive snaps, to guys like (for example) Jamon Meredith, who have played in less than 50% of their team's offensive snaps. It's a good way to tell you (1) whether or not a lineman has been durable enough to play in the majority of the snaps and (2) if a guy that's been injured for a period of time is out-playing his backup.

For example, if a guy has played slightly more than half of his team's offensive snaps, he'll show up when you sort by 25% and 50%, but not by 60% or 75%. Make sense?

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The other options are there so that you can compare guys like Joe Thomas, who have played in over 75% of their team's offensive snaps, to guys like (for example) Jamon Meredith, who have played in less than 50% of their team's offensive snaps. It's a good way to tell you (1) whether or not a lineman has been durable enough to play in the majority of the snaps and (2) if a guy that's been injured for a period of time is out-playing his backup.

For example, if a guy has played slightly more than half of his team's offensive snaps, he'll show up when you sort by 25% and 50%, but not by 60% or 75%. Make sense?

Sorta... :wallbash:

I've bookmarked the site, and will play around with it.

Actually, if you remembered, this is almost verbatim what Russ Brandon had said. I'm not sure that our offer was bigger than Philly's, but it was the largest in team history and he turned it down, and that he had every intention of merely playing out his contract and skipping town. But you don't remember how Peters played over the course of the season, I wouldn't expect you to remember such a 'mundane' detail as this.

So here is what I asked for a link to the details of

"QUOTE (uforesircher @ Nov 23 2009, 06:00 PM) *

He stated that he was going to leave here anyways - no matter the offer. He was done when his current contract was over. He did not want to be here. The offer we made him, I think, was more than what he accepted from Philthy. SO you keep a mal-content on the roster and get nothing for him when he does leave? I think not."

I'll summarize ufore's statement and ask how Russ Brandon's comments back these up

1) He was going to leave regardless of the offer the Bills made

2) Our offer was bigger than Philly's

NOTHING ANYONE HAS EVER SAID BACKS UP THESE CLAIMS THAT THE HATERS MAKE DAILY!!!! Get the facts straight before you spew BS to try to back up your veiled hatred of Peters.

Points to consider.

1)Who cares if it was the largest contract the Bills have ever offered? This has absolutely zero relevance to anything. If it's not enough it's not enough. If it's not fair market value it's not fair market value.

2) I also heard this rumor of his intention to play out his contract and leave for greener pastures. If there is any validity to this it sounds like him caving in to play LT for the Bills at the agreed upon RT salary. After fulfilling his contractual obligation at a HUGE discount he might not have wanted to be associated with a team that wouldn't compensate him for his talent. See how I address these points as rumor because I have no proof of them. It's called integrity in ones writing.

Malcontent? Really?

Please provide me with a few examples of his malcontent behavior!!!! PLEASE don't be so numb sculled as to try to point out his hold out and KEEPING HIS MOUTH SHUT as malcontent behavior. Sadly a hold out was the only bargaining power he had. I hate the system but it's part of the game.

There are those who were so over the top when it came to Peters, so rabid, so full of bile, that now, no matter what the facts are, they can't ever retreat from their extreme positons. Having painted themselves into a corner, they either have to swallow their pride, lose a little face and move on or claim that getting stuck in the corner was always the plan, or that they had no choice but to stick themselves in the corner or, my personal favorite, that being stuck in the corner is a good thing.

Thus, they argue, that losing a pro bowl OT actually made our line better.

Or, they argue that because Peters wanted out after the bitterness of the hold out that he never wanted to sign with the Bills, not even in the spring of 2008 when the hold out began.

Or, they argue that, knowing we couldn't sign Peters and that he was really a lousy OT, despite that whole pro bowl nonsense, the team cleverly maneuvered him into holding out making him less effective on the field once he did show up. Russ then deftly painted him as a malcontent to reduce his trade value, then masterfully offered him a ton of coin just to throw everyone off the trail and traded him for a late first round pick, knowing all the while that we had Langston Walker ready to shock us all and outplay Peters at LT. The fact that Walker sucked so bad he got cut leading to the elevation of a practice sad player to starting LT is just the latest example of Brandon's "feint within feint within a feint" front office brilliance.

I guess next we will hear that Brandon's screwing the pooch on Peters was part of a master plan to insure the team sucked enough to get Jauron fired.

Of course Ruben was solid. But in case you missed in, the difference between 'solid' and 'elite' is enormous. Peters didn't want to be paid like a solid LT, he wanted to be paid like an elite one.

...and he was right he was paid like one. But as usual Buffalo took the cheap route and wouldn't pay him accordingly like they have done many times in the past

Even ignoring the stats (which you obviously do), if you actually watched Peters play in '08 you would have known he didn't deserve the Pro Bowl nomination. If you think everyone who makes the Pro Bowl deserves it - most notably the offensive linemen - then you're even a bigger joke than I think you are, which is impressive.

...facts many people like to forget when bringing up this also shot down point is that Peters was hurt, missed all off season with the hold out, missed out on acclimation to the new line coach due to the hold out and honestly wasn't in his best shape due to the aforementioned hold out. Hate the hold out which is a fault of the front office AND Peters. I do but I believe, like most experts, that he is worth it. He got the nod apparently for his talent not his health and conditioning

Actually, the good GM's are the ones who can be contrarian at the right times and know the values of their players. Ever notice how Belichick lets his role players go and they do so little (i.e. David Givens, Deion Branch, Lawyer Milloy) after the fact? Because Cris Collinsworth knows Peters' name he's worth $11M+/year? Give me a break dude. You're a complete joke.

PLEASE let's not compare the Patriot's savvy moves choosing between which of their probowlers to get rid of at the right time with the Bills being cheap as usual sticking to our VERY well, not exorbitantly well paid, average to above average guys. Look at our history!!! Do you consider that a proven track record of success? If you side with the front office you likely do. LOL

There's no hate for Jason Peters. For you? Yes. But him, he's merely a lazy, but amazingly gifted athlete that put himself above the team. But I don't sit around stewing about him or the situation, just calling it as I see it. You are just a dipshit, no matter how many exclamation points, capital letters, or sarcastic undertones you use.

First of all they are sarcastic OVERtones. LOL. And remember Hold out =/= Lazy. He has his career with injuries taken into consideration as proof. That includes his meteoric rise from TE to RT, to elite PAID LT in a 4 or 5 year period of time. Sounds like an extremely lazy guy to me I guess the excuse on that one is that he was just so amazingly gifted athletically that he didn't have to try very hard in the NFL to switch positions twice and make the probowl twice.

Let's get this overwith. I've never 'met' a bigger douchebag than you, honestly. Hand to God. An undertone, as per the dictionary, is "a quality (as of emotion) underlying the surface of an utterance or action." Do you want to explain the subtle differences between an overtone and an undertone Bill Shakespeare? DIAF.

Second of all, my point about the Patriots was that you have to take a contrarian point of view if you want to get ahead, especially in a sport with a salary cap. Read Moneyball. It's a start. You listen to all the 'experts' (although the only one I know that sings his praises was Collinsworth) - these are the same guys that sang the praises of Vick even though he never completed more than 57% of his passes over the course of the season, never thrown for 3,000 yards. They same guys that said the Patriots were finished after cutting Lawyer Milloy. Don't do any of your own research, don't actually watch the games, just rely on the opinions of other people. Loser.

Third, Peters holding out and showing up in horrible shape is not an excuse for poor play. He chose to hold out. By his own actions, he was not in game shape. Apparently it didn't matter, since he showed up for camp this year and it didn't prevent him from getting injured.

Fourth, "he was right to be paid like one"...except he isn't one. You don't pay a player elite money unless he's earned it and, more importantly, convinced you that he will continue to perform at that high level in the future. A) he hadn't earned it, and B) he didn't convince anyone that he would perform after payday. B) is coming true right now.

No hate for Jason Peters? Please, Leonidas. Are you really saying Senator isn't a hater? I mean, come on, you're just not being reasonable when you say that. There's plenty of hate for Peters on these boards.

Over the course of his career, Peters hasn't been inconsistent. He had one bad year, when he missed training camp, and over the course of that year, he improved greatly over time. Before that he was terrific.

The one site that looks at every play had Peters rated #2 out of all tackles (LTs and RTs) this year up until his injury. Now, as he guts it out on a gimpy ankle, he has plunged all the way down the board to ... 13th. Out of 75. #14 is Kareem McKenzie. #15 is Anthony Collins. #16 is Kaczur. #17 is Jordan Gross. And it goes on like that.

http://profootballfocus.com/by_position.ph...&numgames=1

"Jason Peters was the big off season trade acquisition and he started the season playing at a very high level before his play dipped when injured. Peters excels with his pass blocking where he has allowed only 3 sacks 1 hit and 3 pressures in 7 games (he was knocked out early against the Raiders). That’s not to discredit his run blocking which has also been very good, and you feel so far Peters is going to be a very good pick up if he can stay healthy. "

http://profootballfocus.com/articles.php?t...;arc=&id=73

According to them, he had allowed 1 sack, 2 pressures and 0 QB hits before the injury. That went up quite a bit since he's been playing hurt.

By the way #75 of 75 is Demetrius Bell.

Now, if Bell were showing any signs of playing well, I personally wouldn't be so horribly down on this trade. But as it is, we created an area of weakness which will now have to be addressed, most likely with a very high pick in the very near future, a pick which will now not be available to use to pick up an LB who's a banger, a QB, an RT if you assume that Butler may be injury-prone, a DT, a DE to groom as Schobel's replacement down the road, a WR assuming T.O. heads down the road, which he likely will ...

Sorry, you missed the "from me" that was implied. In other words, there's no hate for Peters from me. Pdaddy? DIAF. But yes, there is plenty of hate from Peters on the board. And agreed on Bell, but I don't agree on that Peters goes without blame this season. If you are consistently injured, some of that can be attributed to a lack of conditioning. If he suffers from chronic injuries, then it will be clear that Buffalo got the best of that trade. If he plays the next ten years giving up less than two sacks a year (which I find highly unlikely) in the mold of a Pace or an Ogden, then Philly will have gotten the best of the trade. We will see, but at the moment, Peters has not been worth the four draft picks OR the max contract he got.

There are those who were so over the top when it came to Peters, so rabid, so full of bile, that now, no matter what the facts are, they can't ever retreat from their extreme positons. Having painted themselves into a corner, they either have to swallow their pride, lose a little face and move on or claim that getting stuck in the corner was always the plan, or that they had no choice but to stick themselves in the corner or, my personal favorite, that being stuck in the corner is a good thing.

Or, they argue that because Peters wanted out after the bitterness of the hold out that he never wanted to sign with the Bills, not even in the spring of 2008 when the hold out began.

Or, they argue that, knowing we couldn't sign Peters and that he was really a lousy OT, despite that whole pro bowl nonsense, the team cleverly maneuvered him into holding out making him less effective on the field once he did show up. Russ then deftly painted him as a malcontent to reduce his trade value, then masterfully offered him a ton of coin just to throw everyone off the trail and traded him for a late first round pick, knowing all the while that we had Langston Walker ready to shock us all and outplay Peters at LT. The fact that Walker sucked so bad he got cut leading to the elevation of a practice sad player to starting LT is just the latest example of Brandon's "feint within feint within a feint" front office brilliance.

I guess next we will hear that Brandon's screwing the pooch on Peters was part of a master plan to insure the team sucked enough to get Jauron fired.

I don't think anybody's saying he was a 'lousy' OT. But consistency is the key to being an elite tackle, and he just doesn't have it. We didn't get better by losing him and NOT replacing him adequately, of course, but had we replaced him adequately we could have gotten the better of this whole deal with the draft picks, the cap space, and the lack of locker room cancer. Let's see how the 2010 draft goes.

Let's get this overwith. I've never 'met' a bigger douchebag than you, honestly. Hand to God. An undertone, as per the dictionary, is "a quality (as of emotion) underlying the surface of an utterance or action." Do you want to explain the subtle differences between an overtone and an undertone Bill Shakespeare? DIAF.

SWEET so I got that going for me....which is nice. Yes my sarcasm and such were clearly well displayed on the surface not underlying the surface of our conversation.

Second of all, my point about the Patriots was that you have to take a contrarian point of view if you want to get ahead, especially in a sport with a salary cap. Read Moneyball. It's a start. You listen to all the 'experts' (although the only one I know that sings his praises was Collinsworth) - these are the same guys that sang the praises of Vick even though he never completed more than 57% of his passes over the course of the season, never thrown for 3,000 yards. They same guys that said the Patriots were finished after cutting Lawyer Milloy. Don't do any of your own research, don't actually watch the games, just rely on the opinions of other people. Loser.

I understand the Patriots "contrarian" approach as you put it. Let me know when we are choosing between which pro bowl stars to keep instead of just deciding to not pay a guy his worth. Let me know when Buffalo is the kind of franchise players come to at a discount because they know they have a great chance of winning a superbowl. When we have that, then you can compare our moves. Until then it same old same old a 1BD don't pay for elite talent. Apparently you don't have cable or watch during the off season. Every talking head EVERYWHERE said we shouldn't have let Peters go. An by the way I do a ridiculous amount of research which is why I am able to blow up every BS argument you try to throw out there. And then, when you can't get the best of me your resort to personal attacks. Not that I care. For me to care I would actually have to respect the person's opinion that is hurling insults at me.

Third, Peters holding out and showing up in horrible shape is not an excuse for poor play. He chose to hold out. By his own actions, he was not in game shape. Apparently it didn't matter, since he showed up for camp this year and it didn't prevent him from getting injured.

It's called an explanation not an excuse. Look up the difference some time. I guess you think all of our players who are on injured reserve are fat, lazy malcontents. They made it to camp and specifically Wood is out for the season. Perhaps with a real strength and conditioning coach his health will improve even more. Have you seen how many hapless players we have sent to injured reserve the last 3 years? I think it's a Bills problem not a Peters problem.

Fourth, "he was right to be paid like one"...except he isn't one. You don't pay a player elite money unless he's earned it and, more importantly, convinced you that he will continue to perform at that high level in the future. A) he hadn't earned it, and B) he didn't convince anyone that he would perform after payday. B) is coming true right now.

Again he is elite probowl level. Your opinion means nothing compared to the rest of the NFL world at large who disagrees with you

Sorry, you missed the "from me" that was implied. In other words, there's no hate for Peters from me. Pdaddy? DIAF. But yes, there is plenty of hate from Peters on the board. And agreed on Bell, but I don't agree on that Peters goes without blame this season. If you are consistently injured, some of that can be attributed to a lack of conditioning. If he suffers from chronic injuries, then it will be clear that Buffalo got the best of that trade. If he plays the next ten years giving up less than two sacks a year (which I find highly unlikely) in the mold of a Pace or an Ogden, then Philly will have gotten the best of the trade. We will see, but at the moment, Peters has not been worth the four draft picks OR the max contract he got.

Hrm you call him a fat lazy malcontent but there's no hate there. ROFLOL. You are a complete joke buddy! Keep em coming though. They are good for a laugh. You even contradict yourself. Your hate is so obvious to everyone but you it's hilarious. Even your statements about whether it was a good deal or not for Philly is rife with your silliness. If he plays like Pace or Ogden?!?!??!?! DUDE ...stop I am getting stitches over hear from laughing. So IF he performs like the 2 best tackles to EVER play the game of football in the HISTORY of the NFL, then and only then will Philly have gotten a good deal. WOW....just...WOW.

Oh by they way we got 2 draft picks for Peters not 4. Man it's like arguing with a stubborn 16 year old. They know they're wrong and the old man is right but they will never admit they are sadly over matched for the argument.

Hrm you call him a fat lazy malcontent but there's no hate there. ROFLOL. You are a complete joke buddy! Keep em coming though they are good for a laugh when you even contradict yourself. Your hate is so obvious to everyone but you it's hilarious. Even you statements about whether it was a good deal or not for Philly is rife with your silliness. If he plays like Pace or Ogden?!?!??!?! DUDE ...stop I am getting stitches over hear from laughing. So IF he performs like the 2 best tackles to EVER play the game of football in the HISTORY of the NFL Philly will have gotten a good deal. WOW....just...WOW. Oh by they way we got 2 draft picks for Peters not 4. Man it's like arguing with a stubborn 16 year old. They know they're wrong and the old man is right but they will never admit they are sadly over matched for the argument.

I'm not your buddy. I'm not your amigo, your pal, or your friend. If you died in a fire tonight I wouldn't feel the slightest bit bad about it. I might actually throw a party.

Overmatched by you? Hardly. Want to give me another English lesson there tough guy? You want to try to tell me that giving up 6-8 sacks/year is okay for the highest paid 'elite' tackle in the game? Go ahead, defend it.

No, not all of our players on IR are fat and lazy. But none of them held out of training camp and then showed up out of shape. See the difference? Still with me? Good.

So all Pro Bowlers deserve the nomination? Brett Favre deserved it last year over Rivers? You think Peters deserved it over Ryan Clady who didn't give up a full sack all season?? Keep relying on that to make your case you !@#$ing idiot.

And actually, we got three draft picks for Peters. But I guess that's just me being 'rife with silliness' again. Moron.

Even the Bills' front office wouldn't agree with that crap. Though they may not have been able to sign him, they did offer him a ton of money, finally. They wanted to keep him and recognized his value as a player, albeit belatedly. Unfortunately, they had so poisoned the well with Peters that the negotiations went nowhere. That press conference Brandon had at the start of camp in 2008 where he publicly lit into Peters and ignited the over the top fan hatred with which we are now familiar was an absolute disaster. Classic case of a newly promoted bureaucrat wanting to show how tough/stupid he his from the get-go.

Russ Brandon = Michael Scott minus the talent

"Poisoned the well"???

Please. Peters is a total effin' mercenary - he was going to whomever offered the most $$$$. What does he care about how the fans feel? Did he care when he held out for all the OTAs and training camp in '08?

Don't matter none to FatBoy - whomever signed him was going to be stuck with a greedy $60 million malcontent who'll give you half an effort, for half a season.

The most telling quote I ever heard from Peters was, "It's all about getting to Hawaii." Not about the team, and winning championships - it's all about you, eh Fatso?

Trading Peters was a great move by Brandon - the Philly pick landed us Eric Wood. The only mistake was not using our own #1 pick to draft Oher instead of Maybin.

, and the lack of locker room cancer.

I really do not have any sense of hm being a locker room cancer. What links or quotes do you have that show him dividing the team. As best I can tell the players would have been happy to have the Bills show him the money as we had a lot of cap room and them paying Peters at the value he obtained in real life from the market would have set a nice precedent for the players of the Bills paying market value.

Clearly some fans see his contract as a failure by the Bills to pay market value for OL players while other fans declare him a fat tub of goo. However, I simply saw little or no evidence of him being a cancer in the locker room dividing the team.

With TO in Philly you has TO folks and McNabb folks. To some extent in Dallas you had TO folks and Romo folks (though much of this tempest was in the media and among some fans and not in locker room.

How was Peters a locker room cancer for the Bills and who were these two locker room factions?

:thumbsup: Great plan, I'm glad it worked. :rolleyes:

I really do not have any sense of hm being a locker room cancer. What links or quotes do you have that show him dividing the team. As best I can tell the players would have been happy to have the Bills show him the money as we had a lot of cap room and them paying Peters at the value he obtained in real life from the market would have set a nice precedent for the players of the Bills paying market value.

Clearly some fans see his contract as a failure by the Bills to pay market value for OL players while other fans declare him a fat tub of goo. However, I simply saw little or no evidence of him being a cancer in the locker room dividing the team.

With TO in Philly you has TO folks and McNabb folks. To some extent in Dallas you had TO folks and Romo folks (though much of this tempest was in the media and among some fans and not in locker room.

How was Peters a locker room cancer for the Bills and who were these two locker room factions?

Marv Levy on the Shredd & Ragan Show was asked about Peters & said that Peters was having a bad effect on the locker room & that if he were coach he wouldn't want Peters on his team.

Uh...link please substantiating this claim?....I'll mock you ahead of time because I KNOW you have no information that can back this up AT ALL! QUIT MAKING **** UP!!!! When will people see the football world and the Bills organization clearly? We don't pay for elite talent!!!!!

Maybe Russ Brandon REALLY is that good of a GM. He can underpay a probowl LT and then somehow make the guy look bad in the public eye with a significant group of the Joe the plumber six pack types. He trades away one of the best LT in the league and gets a 4th round rookie TE, who I have great hopes for by the way, and a C converted to G who now has a bum leg who will miss MANY more games than Peters.

Nobody seems to care that Peters was injured all last year. They conveniently forget that when they try to bash his performance last year. Tell the whole story people! Quit trying to spin things and you will see what we lost and we should be angry with how the front office handled things not applauding their cheapness.

I implied MAYBE Brandon KNEW he could not resign Peters. I don't know if it is a fact or not & neither do you. Wood will go back to Center at some point hopefully. You do not know if Wood will miss many more games than Peters or not. There is no way to know if Wood is finished or not, & guess what Peters could get injured next week & also be finished. There is no way to know about that any more than there is to know if the Bills could have resigned Peters or not. As far as Peters being injured all last year, the 49ers OVERPAID for an often injured former Bills LT. How did that work out for them?

Blahbity blah blah blah! For someone that talks so much you say nothing of importance or relevance. I'll demonstrate.

I'm not your buddy. I'm not your amigo, your pal, or your friend. If you died in a fire tonight I wouldn't feel the slightest bit bad about it. I might actually throw a party.

Really? Sorry about that apparently OVERtone sarcasm doesn't come through well in the written word. Ya we aren't friends

Overmatched by you? Hardly. Want to give me another English lesson there tough guy? You want to try to tell me that giving up 6-8 sacks/year is okay for the highest paid 'elite' tackle in the game? Go ahead, defend it.

Again provide me with the link that shows those official NFL stats. Let's see it for his 4 years at LT and RT. Apparently it takes a while to sink in with you but Peters was injured coming off of off season surgery in 2008. People like to prop up a down year for him as being reflective of his entire career. Joke!!! Look at the body of the mans work, his rise from TE -> RT -> LT in a few years. His age. How much better he can still get having played his position only a few years. Don't be so myopic and cling desperately to a single UNSUBSTANTIATED fact and try to extrapolate that to his entire career. Hopefully you're smarter than that because most aren't that dumb to buy into it

No, not all of our players on IR are fat and lazy. But none of them held out of training camp and then showed up out of shape. See the difference? Still with me? Good.

HE ALSO missed camp due to a contractual holdout. Apparently this is lost on you as well and you think he wanted to take some time off to play Xbox. Let me also clue you in on a bit of logic. Training camp gets you up to speed with the new line coach, the new offensive coordinator, and GETS YOU IN SHAPE!!!! Don't get the "business" end confused with playing the game of football. It can get messy :rolleyes: I'll put it out there one more time in the hopes that it makes it through, Hold Out =/= Lazy. Hopefully you get that.

So all Pro Bowlers deserve the nomination? Brett Favre deserved it last year over Rivers? You think Peters deserved it over Ryan Clady who didn't give up a full sack all season?? Keep relying on that to make your case you !@#$ing idiot.

And actually, we got three draft picks for Peters. But I guess that's just me being 'rife with silliness' again. Moron.

So we were both wrong about how many draft picks is what you are saying? I guess that makes you a moron too, moron. Heh heh. Again I thought we went over this but don't use the probowl is useless defense. It's dumb! Player X didn't deserve to go in year Y so the ENTIRE PROBOWL SELECTION PROCESS IS INVALID!!! If you understand the phrase do you comprehend what type of "leap of logic" that is?

Come on man. I hope you are smarter than that and I hope you think the people on this forum are smarter than that. I really do. If not then I really have been wasting my time even though it has been fun.

Consider this about Peters before you go spouting off your hate again.:

"A great success story for the Bills, Peters was an undrafted tight end out of Arkansas. After his rookie season, Peters was converted into an offensive lineman, and started 10 games at right tackle in 2005. He moved over to the left side midway through the following season. Buffalo eventually turned him into one of the best left tackles in the game."

What is of particular interest in there is that Peters was paid as a RT and played LT for 2006, 2007, 2008 and we wouldn't give him LT money? Almost 3 years after his promotion to LT no raise in pay? I wouldn't stand for that in my business dealings. Anyone who would put up with that is a punk biatch who is afraid to stand up for themselves and demand to be paid for the job they do.

I know I haven't made it easy and given you a way to save face to get out of the argument but really it's so painfully clear what happened in Buffalo with him. If you want to hate him for all the BS ok but just realize you are being a whiny you know what that bought into the front office propoganda. Boo hoo us he didn't continue to play at an incredible discount because Ralph is cheap and Russ Brandon was trying to flex his new GM muscles.

I implied MAYBE Brandon KNEW he could not resign Peters. I don't know if it is a fact or not & neither do you. Wood will go back to Center at some point hopefully. You do not know if Wood will miss many more games than Peters or not. There is no way to know if Wood is finished or not, & guess what Peters could get injured next week & also be finished. There is no way to know about that any more than there is to know if the Bills could have resigned Peters or not. As far as Peters being injured all last year, the 49ers OVERPAID for an often injured former Bills LT. How did that work out for them?

Well thanks for arguing the minutia of my post. Your right. Peters will have to play 1 more game to play more complete games than Wood. What in the hell does Jones Jennings, who was old when we traded him, have to do with a 26 year old probowl LT that has only been playing LT for 3 years in the pros? Do you really think they have anywhere near the same upside when we got rid of them?

No how about addressing the meat? If I may translate there is NO EVIDENCE WHAT SO EVER TO POINT TO THE FACT THAT PETERS WOULD NOT PLAY HERE!!!! You implied something that you have no proof what so ever of it being true. This is what gets people like Leonidas all in a lather because they hear these implications and sourceless rumors and actually believe they are true. They latch on to half truths and unsubstantiated grumblings to justify their hate of the man that took a paycheck over their beloved Buffalo instead of continuing to play for peanuts.

Blahbity blah blah blah! For someone that talks so much you say nothing of importance or relevance. I'll demonstrate.

So we were both wrong about how many draft picks is what you are saying? I guess that makes you a moron too, moron. Heh heh. Again I thought we went over this but don't use the probowl is useless defense. It's dumb! Player X didn't deserve to go in year Y so the ENTIRE PROBOWL SELECTION PROCESS IS INVALID!!! If you understand the phrase do you comprehend what type of "leap of logic" that is?

Come on man. I hope you are smarter than that and I hope you think the people on this forum are smarter than that. I really do. If not then I really have been wasting my time even though it has been fun.

Consider this about Peters before you go spouting off your hate again.:

"A great success story for the Bills, Peters was an undrafted tight end out of Arkansas. After his rookie season, Peters was converted into an offensive lineman, and started 10 games at right tackle in 2005. He moved over to the left side midway through the following season. Buffalo eventually turned him into one of the best left tackles in the game."

What is of particular interest in there is that Peters was paid as a RT and played LT for 2006, 2007, 2008 and we wouldn't give him LT money? Almost 3 years after his promotion to LT no raise in pay? I wouldn't stand for that in my business dealings. Anyone who would put up with that is a punk biatch who is afraid to stand up for themselves and demand to be paid for the job they do.

I know I haven't made it easy and given you a way to save face to get out of the argument but really it's so painfully clear what happened in Buffalo with him. If you want to hate him for all the BS ok but just realize you are being a whiny you know what that bought into the front office propoganda. Boo hoo us he didn't continue to play at an incredible discount because Ralph is cheap and Russ Brandon was trying to flex his new GM muscles.

Actually I was calling you a moron because of your ridiculous comments ("rife with silliness," etc.). And you are a moron. Furthermore, the Pro Bowl selection process is more often than not based on name recognition and popularity than by actual achievements in the year nominated. So yes, the process is a joke. Being nominated, however, while players deserve it more often than not, but be further examined and taken with a grain of salt. Like so many before him, Peters was voted to a Pro Bowl he did not deserve. Since that seems to be your biggest reason as to keeping him, you might want to take a step back and look at the other tackles that clearly deserved to go in his place. If not for the high profile Favre, I think Peters would have been known as the biggest '08 Pro Bowl mistake.

Additionally, your little blurb (missing a citation, I might add) is anecdotal at best. I have no idea who wrote that, or more importantly, when it was written. It could have been written as early as 2006, and by the end of 2006 it would have looked like the author was correct. However, by the end of 2008 it's clear that the author was not right, and even moreso now. There has not been the consistency needed to be "one of the best left tackles in the game." But again, that's something you conveniently ignore.

One more thing, "'my' business dealings"? What business would that be? Drug-related, I can only assume? And you haven't "made it easy." No, you're right, you haven't. You present little to no evidence to support your point, and your logic is faulty at best, but the sheer volume of your posts does make it difficult. Why don't you try to correct my English again? That really helped your argument out the last time.

"I'll demonstrate." Yeah, you certainly did...

Well thanks for arguing the minutia of my post. Your right. Peters will have to play 1 more game to play more complete games than Wood. What in the hell does Jones Jennings, who was old when we traded him, have to do with a 26 year old probowl LT that has only been playing LT for 3 years in the pros? Do you really think they have anywhere near the same upside when we got rid of them?

No how about addressing the meat? If I may translate there is NO EVIDENCE WHAT SO EVER TO POINT TO THE FACT THAT PETERS WOULD NOT PLAY HERE!!!! You implied something that you have no proof what so ever of it being true. This is what gets people like Leonidas all in a lather because they hear these implications and sourceless rumors and actually believe they are true. They latch on to half truths and unsubstantiated grumblings to justify their hate of the man that took a paycheck over their beloved Buffalo instead of continuing to play for peanuts.

Actually, Jonas Jennings was not traded. He was signed by the 49ers in free agency, and at the age of 27. Got any more pearls of wisdom? Furthermore, Peters said when he was traded that he was fed up and was going to just play out his contract and sign elsewhere as a free agent. Do your own goddamned homework.

Actually I was calling you a moron because of your ridiculous comments ("rife with silliness," etc.). And you are a moron. Furthermore, the Pro Bowl selection process is more often than not based on name recognition and popularity than by actual achievements in the year nominated. So yes, the process is a joke. Being nominated, however, while players deserve it more often than not, but be further examined and taken with a grain of salt. Like so many before him, Peters was voted to a Pro Bowl he did not deserve. Since that seems to be your biggest reason as to keeping him, you might want to take a step back and look at the other tackles that clearly deserved to go in his place. If not for the high profile Favre, I think Peters would have been known as the biggest '08 Pro Bowl mistake.

Additionally, your little blurb (missing a citation, I might add) is anecdotal at best. I have no idea who wrote that, or more importantly, when it was written. It could have been written as early as 2006, and by the end of 2006 it would have looked like the author was correct. However, by the end of 2008 it's clear that the author was not right, and even moreso now. There has not been the consistency needed to be "one of the best left tackles in the game." But again, that's something you conveniently ignore.

One more thing, "'my' business dealings"? What business would that be? Drug-related, I can only assume? And you haven't "made it easy." No, you're right, you haven't. You present little to no evidence to support your point, and your logic is faulty at best, but the sheer volume of your posts does make it difficult. Why don't you try to correct my English again? That really helped your argument out the last time.

"I'll demonstrate." Yeah, you certainly did...

"your business dealings?" Why would you need to guess what your own business dealings are? Perhaps you can only assume that you are in that business because you are not quite sure. What are you selling? It's apparently pretty good. Don't worry I don't judge as long as it is nothing that is addictive or overly destructive.

Here is the link to the ESPN article about Peters being a LT for part of 2006, 2007 and 2008. http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4077093 Compare that to his contract information which hopefully is still on rotoworld unless they only retain info on the most recent contract. He was paid early in or prior to the 2006 season as a RT. Midway through that season they promoted him to LT and he played 2006, 2007 and 2008 on his RT salary. Those cheap bastards at 1BD wouldn't compensate him and every year the price got higher. If they took care of him midway through 2007 or before 2008 we would have been set at the LT position for the foreseeable future.

Instead we have what we have now!!!! Way to save a buck Ralph and Russ!!!!

"your business dealings?" Why would you need to guess what your own business dealings are? Perhaps you can only assume that you are in that business because you are not quite sure. What are you selling? It's apparently pretty good. Don't worry I don't judge as long as it is nothing that is addictive or overly destructive.

Here is the link to the ESPN article about Peters being a LT for part of 2006, 2007 and 2008. http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4077093 Compare that to his contract information which hopefully is still on rotoworld unless they only retain info on the most recent contract. He was paid early in or prior to the 2006 season as a RT. Midway through that season they promoted him to LT and he played 2006, 2007 and 2008 on his RT salary. Those cheap bastards at 1BD wouldn't compensate him and every year the price got higher. If they took care of him midway through 2007 or before 2008 we would have been set at the LT position for the foreseeable future.

Instead we have what we have now!!!! Way to save a buck Ralph and Russ!!!!

I was referring to you talking about your business dealings you !@#$ing idiot. You really don't have a clue, do you? Scroll up to your own comments. Dipshit.

Furthermore, Peters was signed in 2005(?) to a one-year, $425,000 deal. In 2006 he signed a 5-year, $15M deal. He wanted a new deal only a year later. In 2008 as we all know, he sat out and had a very poor season. I'm not going to get into the "we should/shouldn't have paid him" in 2007 since the argument is moot. But your argument is still worthless, so is your 'evidence.' What else is new.