I was at the game - My thoughts

box0life

1. Offensive line can't open a hole to save their lives.

2. Reggie Corner sucked in this game - picked on all game.

3. Poz was all over the field, but made enough blown plays to say that he was average at best. I don't think he would start on most other teams.

4. Say what you want about Owens , but he came to play today. He kept us in this game.

5. The defensive line came to play. Even without Stroud they played inspired football.

6. Roscoe still scares me.

7. Fred Jackson should be starting, not Lynch. Lynch has done nothing all year. His fumble may have cost us the game.

8. Still can't understand how our offensive line can continue to have false starts penalties. It is unbelievable.

9. Every time we have an offensive penalty, we end up punting. This offense kills drives by themselves at an enormous rate.

10. The offense plays scared in the fourth quarter. Nobody ever makes a play when it counts late in a game.

11. Fitzpatrick was inaccurate at key times in this game, but he has balls. He wasn't scared to throw the ball down field.

12. Byrd did not play well.

1. Bryan Scott was the defensive player of the game.

2. The Poz I was watching was next best player.

3. The defense in general was hitting like mofo's. Pass rush was good at times. I couldn't believe I was watching the same team.

4. Fitzpatrick has a gun for an arm...a sawed-off shotgun. :unsure:

5. Fitz may have been going to T.O. a little too much by the end of the game.

6. Roscoe reminded us why he got benched.

7. I don't think the offense was scared. I just don't think Fitz is accurate enough.

8. At least there are fewer false starts and one should have been defensive encroachment.

9. Give Garrard and Jax some credit. They earned that win.

10. Do not understand what happened at the end of the half. Did we not have 2 time outs?

11. Despite the loss, Perry Fewell has already proven to me he is ten times the coach limp Dick Jauron was.

PTR

Unfortunately I didn't get to see the game, but based on what I'm reading here it seems that Fewell is going to be at least a little more aggressive. And why not? It's highly unlikely he'll be the head coach, so why not try some things and see what happens. If he can get the players to buy into that, it might even be a little fun for them. Within reason....why not have some fun and fly around? Let the QB (whomever it's going to be) take some shots down field. Or let the O-line just line up and just try to blow people off the ball in the run game instead of trying to get cute with pulling and trapping to try to make holes. I think that's what most O-linemen really want to do anyway.

10. Do not understand what happened at the end of the half. Did we not have 2 time outs?

If I remember correctly, we had a pass over the middle for first down to about the 6 yard line and about 13 seconds left, one timeout left.

Now at this point, I would say ideally you use the timeout immediately. Then take one or hopefully two shots (passes) into the endzone before kicking the FG if neither of those work.

Instead, their initial reaction is to save that one timeout for before the FG. So they run up and run a play as quickly as they can, running it for no gain and barely getting that timeout call after the play before half ends.

Is there a thread about this already? I hate to start new threads on gameday with 50 new ones already... Anyway, I think I'm right on this one?

1. Bryan Scott was the defensive player of the game.

2. The Poz I was watching was next best player.

3. The defense in general was hitting like mofo's. Pass rush was good at times. I couldn't believe I was watching the same team.

4. Fitzpatrick has a gun for an arm...a sawed-off shotgun. :unsure:

5. Fitz may have been going to T.O. a little too much by the end of the game.

6. Roscoe reminded us why he got benched.

7. I don't think the offense was scared. I just don't think Fitz is accurate enough.

8. At least there are fewer false starts and one should have been defensive encroachment.

9. Give Garrard and Jax some credit. They earned that win.

11. Despite the loss, Perry Fewell has already proven to me he is ten times the coach limp Dick Jauron was.

PTR

PTR when you get a chance take a look at Poz's effort vs. MJD on his touchdown run. The guy falls over and he wasn't even blocked. Poz played awful in the first half and was decent but not great in the second. Second best player today you say? No way.

If I remember correctly, we had a pass over the middle for first down to about the 6 yard line and about 13 seconds left, one timeout left.

Now at this point, I would say ideally you use the timeout immediately. Then take one or hopefully two shots (passes) into the endzone before kicking the FG if neither of those work.

Instead, their initial reaction is to save that one timeout for before the FG. So they run up and run a play as quickly as they can, running it for no gain and barely getting that timeout call after the play before half ends.

Is there a thread about this already? I hate to start new threads on gameday with 50 new ones already... Anyway, I think I'm right on this one?

tackle was made with 20 seconds left in the first half ... take the TO and take 2 or 3 shots at the endzone