Girls just want to have fun

\GoBillsInDallas/

thing that is weird, and scary, about this is how did the insurance company..or employer get access to the pictures....only people that you are friends with can see your picture...or if they are commented on by a friend of a friend....either a friend of hers on fb blew her in, or employers or insurance companies are gaining access to your facebook accounts

thing that is weird, and scary, about this is how did the insurance company..or employer get access to the pictures....only people that you are friends with can see your picture...or if they are commented on by a friend of a friend....either a friend of hers on fb blew her in, or employers or insurance companies are gaining access to your facebook accounts

some people leave their profile as "public"

A Quebec woman on long-term sick leave is taking her insurer to court over a decision to cut her benefits based, according to her, on photos she posted on Facebook.

Nathalie Blanchard, 29, is on leave from her job at IBM in Bromont, Que., since she was diagnosed with severe depression in February 2008.

Paid leave from my job would do wonders for my depression.

How do people figure these scams?

A lot of times from other scammers. I can't believe she's actually taking her insurer to court. That's a sure ticket to getting counter-sued for fraud.

since January 2008 no less.....i get maybe a week or a couple weeks...but this is almost 2 frigging years...and here i sit ready, willing and able to work....

Not true as there are different security levels in FB. If you are not set up properly for what you suggest anyone with an account can see what you post.

Last year I was involved in an auto accident. I was sued with the person I hit claiming a "soft-tissue injury". The case was settled this spring and my insurance covered the settlement (barely). This summer I was home and ran into a girl I sort-of knew in high school. She lives near me here in Charlotte and we became Facebook friends. A few weeks ago I was on Facebook and saw a name commenting on my friends status that nearly caused a spit-take. You guessed it - the person that sued me is a FB friend of the girl I know. After a little digging I saw that this person had enjoyed a little hang-gliding while suffering from a debilitating "soft-tissue injury".

:unsure:

I'm sort of glad I found it after the settlement. I might have been tempted to send it to my attorney and then who knows what would have happened?

:unsure:

Last year I was involved in an auto accident. I was sued with the person I hit claiming a "soft-tissue injury". The case was settled this spring and my insurance covered the settlement (barely). This summer I was home and ran into a girl I sort-of knew in high school. She lives near me here in Charlotte and we became Facebook friends. A few weeks ago I was on Facebook and saw a name commenting on my friends status that nearly caused a spit-take. You guessed it - the person that sued me is a FB friend of the girl I know. After a little digging I saw that this person had enjoyed a little hang-gliding while suffering from a debilitating "soft-tissue injury".

:)

I'm sort of glad I found it after the settlement. I might have been tempted to send it to my attorney and then who knows what would have happened?

:wallbash:

I would still send it, and let the insurance company decide if they want their money back.