Felser Column

BillsNYC

For those who want to blindly hand over the President title to salesman Russ Brandon and have him lead the coach/GM search, Larry Felser lays out a plan that Ralph SHOULD follow in today's Buffalo News.

On blackberry and not sure how to post link, but Felser argues to bring in a retired experienced GM like Acorsi and have them serve as temporary consultant as well as lead the search for a permanent GM/coach. Itd be costly, but would you rather have Acrosi/Ron Wolfe evaluate the Front Office and make hiring decisions, or Russ Brandon?

Its a no brainer in my opinion.

I think that would be a wise decision, but it's pretty difficult to get a guy to come in as an "adviser" to hire another guy. The adviser is biased and has little at stake in the Bills? What ensures that a retired guy is going to do due diligence in the search or recommend a "guy he knows"? If they can find someone who wants to come in and search for them then great.

That article is basically a post you'd see on this website, there was no reporting done for it. It's just the way he feels...so...great, as a sports reporter of some renown in Buffalo, you'd listed an idea you think they should follow and named names. Oh, but you didn't even make one phone call for anyone else's thoughts or to guage whether those guys would have any interest at all in such a thing? Good Job.

Whatever route they go, let's hope Felser has zero impact on the future of the Buffalo Bills. If anyone could make it worse thank it is now, it's him.

The article is located at http://www.buffalonews.com/opinion/columns...ory/869662.html

I think that would be a wise decision, but it's pretty difficult to get a guy to come in as an "adviser" to hire another guy. The adviser is biased and has little at stake in the Bills? What ensures that a retired guy is going to do due diligence in the search or recommend a "guy he knows"? If they can find someone who wants to come in and search for them then great.

That article is basically a post you'd see on this website, there was no reporting done for it. It's just the way he feels...so...great, as a sports reporter of some renown in Buffalo, you'd listed an idea you think they should follow and named names. Oh, but you didn't even make one phone call for anyone else's thoughts or to guage whether those guys would have any interest at all in such a thing? Good Job.

Whatever route they go, let's hope Felser has zero impact on the future of the Buffalo Bills. If anyone could make it worse thank it is now, it's him.

The article is located at http://www.buffalonews.com/opinion/columns...ory/869662.html

Accorsi and Wolf are proud men, good football men. They would do a terrific job. There is no danger that they wouldn't do due diligence.

And this is a good suggestion. Not the only chance of success by any means, but he's probably right that doing this would increase our chances.

And Felser is an excellent reporter.

Accorsi and Wolf are proud men, good football men. They would do a terrific job. There is no danger that they wouldn't do due diligence.

And this is a good suggestion. Not the only chance of success by any means, but he's probably right that doing this would increase our chances.

Yes the same Felser who also suggested we should draft Doug Flutie instead of Bruce Smith....or even better wrote the article before the browns 1989 playoff game to start Frank Reich over Jim Kelly (1st ballot HOF) because "kelly could not win a big game"......

what an idiot and little wonder why Polian had little respect for the News

I don't know them so I'll take your word for it. I do think they would be good choices for such a task, but here's the problem..the "reporter" didn't do anything, but pull names out of his rear. These guys have not expressed an interest in such a task, an inkling, hint, iota of intent towards ever doing such a thing. He should have posted in on here instead.

I don't know them so I'll take your word for it. I do think they would be good choices for such a task, but here's the problem..the "reporter" didn't do anything, but pull names out of his rear. These guys have not expressed an interest in such a task, an inkling, hint, iota of intent towards ever doing such a thing. He should have posted in on here instead.

Felser is not a reporter, he's a columnist offering his opinion on what should be done. Not sure what the confusion is about this.

Felser is not a reporter, he's a columnist offering his opinion on what should be done. Not sure what the confusion is about this.

"Journalists" (we'll ignore his "retirement" and tenure at the "news") are screaming about how "blogs" aren't news because they don't do "reporting" and even suggesting there should be a "news tax" to support newspapers. Whatever they want to call him, he's writing as a reporter for the Buffalo News (his articles prior to said "retirement" weren't any different).

A "column" still requires research. He could also opt to write letters to the editor.

For those who want to blindly hand over the President title to salesman Russ Brandon and have him lead the coach/GM search, Larry Felser lays out a plan that Ralph SHOULD follow in today's Buffalo News.

On blackberry and not sure how to post link, but Felser argues to bring in a retired experienced GM like Acorsi and have them serve as temporary consultant as well as lead the search for a permanent GM/coach. Itd be costly, but would you rather have Acrosi/Ron Wolfe evaluate the Front Office and make hiring decisions, or Russ Brandon?

Its a no brainer in my opinion.

Um, like he did five years ago with Levy? Nice try, Larry. B-)