Good QB's teach WR's

I just realized, after hearing about how Peyton Manning is working with backup/new receivers, how the Bills WR's are missing out on the education that a really good QB imparts to his receivers. I believe that Lee Evans would just tear it up were he to go to the Colts. But all the WR's here have, is some guy trying to learn the playbook, that can't execute the plays in the playbook anyway. Yes, I know there are coaches to help them, but it's not the same as having the guy that enacts the play communicating the nuances of the plays from the QB's perspective.

I don't care what people say about the O-line or defense. We need a good QB soon, and it will take some time for him to get good anyway. Let him sit a year (or two) and build the line during those years. They already have 2 decent rookies.

I just realized, after hearing about how Peyton Manning is working with backup/new receivers, how the Bills WR's are missing out on the education that a really good QB imparts to his receivers. I believe that Lee Evans would just tear it up were he to go to the Colts. But all the WR's here have, is some guy trying to learn the playbook, that can't execute the plays in the playbook anyway. Yes, I know there are coaches to help them, but it's not the same as having the guy that enacts the play communicating the nuances of the plays from the QB's perspective.

I don't care what people say about the O-line or defense. We need a good QB soon, and it will take some time for him to get good anyway. Let him sit a year (or two) and build the line during those years. They already have 2 decent rookies.

Brian Brohm, anyone?

Sure they sometimes learn from QBs, but sometimes not. What happens more often is that they get used to QBs and get better that way. But neither thing generally happens from young QBs who have never found their way.

Sure, we need a QB. For that reason, but more importantly because good QBs help teams get better.