Holiday charity programs

Just Jack

Got an email from Snopes today made me think about all those programs that pop up around the Holidays and I thought about putting a thread together for any that people come across and may want to participate in. This thread is meant to be for any program, not just military. Here's my first contribution....

Holiday Mail For Heroes

Holiday Mail For Heroes is here again! This year, we are teaming up with our friends at Pitney Bowes for the third time to send holiday cards to service members, veterans, and their families. This is a great way to give back this holiday season - by sharing your kind words and thanks with those who have given a great deal to their country.

We will begin accepting cards on November 2nd. Send in your cards to the address below, and please read the guidelines carefully!

Holiday Mail For Heroes

P.O. Box 5456

Capitol Heights, MD 20791-5456

All cards must be received no later than Monday, December 7th. Cards received after this date will unfortunately be returned to the sender. This deadline ensures enough time to sort and distribute cards before the holidays.

Help Our Troops Call Home

Military Exchange Prepaid Calling Cards

The Department of Defense Military Exchanges have been authorized to sell the following prepaid calling cards to individuals and organizations who wish to purchase these cards for our troops serving overseas in Operation Enduring Freedom and Operation Iraqi Freedom.

Toys for Tots

Santa Voice Mail - a sponsor of Toys for Tots

Salvation Army/JC Penney Angel Giving Tree

The Salvation Army Angel Giving Tree online program presented by JCPenney is a national, online program that allows people from across the country to provide children and seniors in need with holiday gifts. The purpose of the program is to increase the number of people helped this holiday season by providing a convenient online program through which Angels can be adopted.