The Louisiana Purchase

/dev/null

To help secure her vote, Reid also included a provision in the bill sought by Landrieu to provide increased Medicaid funds for states recovering from major disasters such as 2005’s Hurricane Katrina that devastated New Orleans and parts of Louisiana, Mississippi and Alabama.

Oh, so they 'secured' her vote by tossing a few hundred million extra taxpayer dollars at her.

Don't you just love the way our government works? And how the media reports it?

They're really screwing the pooch on this. The give someone like Landrieu $300M to vote to move to debate, and yet she says she will likely vote against it if it has a public. This won't happen, of course, because as I've mentioned before, the real argument for voting FOR the public option appears to be because it will be "historic" and if you don't vote for it you will end up on the wrong side of history.

Simple rhetoric here.

The group’s disproportionate power in the debate has antagonised some liberal Democrats. “In the end, I don’t want four Democratic senators dictating to the other 56 of us and to the country, when the public option has this much support, that it’s not going to be in it,” said Sherrod Brown of Ohio on Sunday on CNN.

“But in the end, I think that all four of our colleagues surveyed this . . . and I don’t think they want to be on the wrong side of history. I don’t think they want to go back and say, ‘You know, on a procedural vote, I killed the most important bill in my political career’.”

Thank God there's no more "business as usual" in DC.

They're really screwing the pooch on this. The give someone like Landrieu $300M to vote to move to debate, and yet she says she will likely vote against it if it has a public. This won't happen, of course, because as I've mentioned before, the real argument for voting FOR the public option appears to be because it will be "historic" and if you don't vote for it you will end up on the wrong side of history.

Simple rhetoric here.

Thank God there's no more "business as usual" in DC.

This is what will happen. The Senators that were "on the fence" but voted to move things forward when it took 60 of them to do it, will vote against the bill later on, giving them cover with their voters when only 51 are needed. Bunch of pukes!

This is what will happen. The Senators that were "on the fence" but voted to move things forward when it took 60 of them to do it, will vote against the bill later on, giving them cover with their voters when only 51 are needed. Bunch of pukes!

They probably don't want to read THIS today.

Just 38% of voters now favor the health care plan proposed by President Obama and congressional Democrats. That’s the lowest level of support measured for the plan in nearly two dozen tracking polls conducted since June.

The latest Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey finds that 56% now oppose the plan.

Half the survey was conducted before the Senate voted late Saturday to begin debate on its version of the legislation. Support for the plan was slightly lower in the half of the survey conducted after the Senate vote.

Prior to this, support for the plan had never fallen below 41%. Last week, support for the plan was at 47%. Two weeks ago, the effort was supported by 45% of voters.

Rasmussen has been the most accurate out of all the pollsters over the last few years. Having said that, I was watching Sherrod Brown this weekend on State of the Union and he said "In the end, I don't want four Democratic senators dictating to the other 56 of us and to the country," and then I think to myself, "what planet is he living on?"

dictating the country? The majority of Americans don't want this Bill. Why should they? It raises taxes, stunts growth for small businesses, adds to the deficit, raises health insurance premiums and overall spending.

Rasmussen has been the most accurate out of all the pollsters over the last few years. Having said that, I was watching Sherrod Brown this weekend on State of the Union and he said "In the end, I don't want four Democratic senators dictating to the other 56 of us and to the country," and then I think to myself, "what planet is he living on?"

dictating the country? The majority of Americans don't want this Bill. Why should they? It raises taxes, stunts growth for small businesses, adds to the deficit, raises health insurance premiums and overall spending.

It is simply that they are out of touch and feel that they can tell us what is the best for us. They are entrenched (or so they think) in office with a safety net that pays them for life. They are the ultimate arrogant #%&tards.

This is the number that stood out to me...

"The plan is opposed by 83% of Republicans and 70% of unaffiliated voters."

It will be interesting to see how many democrats from moderate to conservative areas will be willing to fall on their swords for Obamacare. After Virginia and New Jersey, it should be clear to them that the choice is to either vote the way their constituents want or start looking for a new job.