(LAMP)Man, feels good to be horse again

plenzmd1

So got to be a big fan of the Richmond team a few years back when I got to know the coach(Clawson, who coaches Bowling Green now and is a Lewiston native). Have had season tickets for the last three years, and they are just a great time when I can make the games.BTW, Richmond won the National Championship last year.

Anyway, today is their game against William and Mary, their biggest rival. W&M ranked 5th, Richmond 4th coming in, top 4 seeds in playoff get guaranteed home games in the playoffs. Plus, last game in the stadium where UR has played since 1929.

Long story short, unbelievable finish as Richmond wins on a 49yd field as time expires, and this from a kid who missed two earlier in the game from 25 and 32 yds. On top of that, W&M looked like it had the game when they were on the Richmond 30 with 20 secs left, but then threw a pick.

Point of my post, it was the first game I have been to in about 8 years where I was really hooping and a hollering and my throat hurts now. God, I can't wait for that again in the Ralph.This with no booze as the wifey poo couldn't make it, I could not find anybody to drive me and 4 kids, so I had to be booze free all day. Tell ya what, for me at least, strange to be at a tailgate 3 hrs and not drink a stinking beer!!!!

BTW, I wwas just trying to google that guy when it came up Jeff Nixon played at Richmond. I don't remember hearing his name called today...but Brian Jordan also was named..I really do not remeber much of his playing time with the Bills though

BTW, they introduced the All Time Richmond team at halftime, and some dude named Dick Fowler was an offensive linesman that played for the Bills. Anybody remember this guy?

richmond football is one of those treasures that we have here in central va...despite that...i opted for james river winery, legend brewing company, total wine and then back to listen to the SU/Rutgers game.....i simply cannot get into anything non-SU or Buffalo when it comes to sports...I did love UR hoops when belein was coach.....i am very happy for the Spiders and will watch their march to Nat'l Championship repeat!

So got to be a big fan of the Richmond team a few years back when I got to know the coach(Clawson, who coaches Bowling Green now and is a Lewiston native). Have had season tickets for the last three years, and they are just a great time when I can make the games.BTW, Richmond won the National Championship last year.

Anyway, today is their game against William and Mary, their biggest rival. W&M ranked 5th, Richmond 4th coming in, top 4 seeds in playoff get guaranteed home games in the playoffs. Plus, last game in the stadium where UR has played since 1929.

Long story short, unbelievable finish as Richmond wins on a 49yd field as time expires, and this from a kid who missed two earlier in the game from 25 and 32 yds. On top of that, W&M looked like it had the game when they were on the Richmond 30 with 20 secs left, but then threw a pick.

Point of my post, it was the first game I have been to in about 8 years where I was really hooping and a hollering and my throat hurts now. God, I can't wait for that again in the Ralph.This with no booze as the wifey poo couldn't make it, I could not find anybody to drive me and 4 kids, so I had to be booze free all day. Tell ya what, for me at least, strange to be at a tailgate 3 hrs and not drink a stinking beer!!!!

BTW, they introduced the All Time Richmond team at halftime, and some dude named Dick Fowler was an offensive linesman that played for the Bills. Anybody remember this guy?

richmond football is one of those treasures that we have here in central va...despite that...i opted for james river winery, legend brewing company, total wine and then back to listen to the SU/Rutgers game.....i simply cannot get into anything non-SU or Buffalo when it comes to sports...I did love UR hoops when belein was coach.....i am very happy for the Spiders and will watch their march to Nat'l Championship repeat!

Pooj, you are coming with bme to the playoffs next week. Keep Saturday open bro..gunna be a fun ride again I hope