The impending Tsunami of lies

Kelly the Dog

You forgot one important factor. Maybe the most important thing to consider in your WHOLE LIFE!

The Source Deep Within.

He never lets us down.

For instance, my Source Deep Within told me that Gruden actually accepted the position but then Ralph went, "Psych!" and slapped him in the head.

Good post Kelly Dog. :blink:

Your negativity is tiresome but not unexpected. You might feel more at home at BillsZone.com. PTR

Where do you see negativity?

Kelly's not really being negative in my opinion PTR, his post is probably close to being right on.

I agree...I think that Ralph and the Bills are preparing for a big game of "power," and they will not show their hand to ANYBODY. They do not want other teams knowing what they are doing and they certainly do not want to upset any of the candidates. They also probably do not want to put a cloud of Perry Fewell's head as he tries to audition for a job.

I stand corrected. My apologies.

PTR

:blink:

Good job, PTR. I didn't understand why you called out the OP, originally. It was a well thought out, appropriate post (on par for Kelly's posts). You took some heat for it, realized your mistake, and owned up to it. It would be so refreshing if the board was full of people who would take the pride hit with posts like this. Instead, it seems the board is full of the opposite type...

We're in for one fresh hell of misinformation in the next few months. Enjoy the ride.

The Bills saying they are interested in hiring Bill Cowher, Jon Gruden or Mike Shanahan is akin to me saying I'm interested in purchasing a Bugatti Veyron. Am I interested? Yes. Do I have the bankroll? No. Thus I drive away in my Honda.

Sadly, Ralph's bankroll puts him in the used Kia department...

You forgot one important factor. Maybe the most important thing to consider in your WHOLE LIFE!

The Source Deep Within.

He never lets us down.

For instance, my Source Deep Within told me that Gruden actually accepted the position but then Ralph went, "Psych!" and slapped him in the head.

you named your dog Gruden? :blink:

I disagree.

Why is it that we don't know anything that's going on or we're being lied to, if someone other than Shannahan is hired? Just because a team source says they're interested in someone, that doesn't mean they have to or will hire that person. It simply means that... they're interested. So they'll research, review, and perhaps even talk to that individual. But, to continue with the Shanny example, suppose through that process it's revealed that Shanny wants to do something completely contrary to the ownership? Suppose, they make a huge offer to Shanny, but he turns them down - after his own careful consideration? Does that mean we were lied to? No, it means that for various reasons, that we may never know, Shanny didn't work out.

So, why is ot a lie? It's not. The world is not black and white. Reporters write what they hear and research. But, that doesn't mean the story doesn't change a week later. And just because a story changes, that doesn't mean the initial story was wrong or a lie.

Yes, there is some truth to what is being said, but a majority of it is guesses, opinions and speculation. Some reporters are saying Shanahan would like the low maintenance of the Buffalo situation, others are saying Shanahan wouldn't come here for various reasons. Who do you believe?!

Yes, there is some truth to what is being said, but a majority of it is guesses, opinions and speculation. Some reporters are saying Shanahan would like the low maintenance of the Buffalo situation, others are saying Shanahan wouldn't come here for various reasons. Who do you believe?!

The reports that make me happiest.

I agree with ya there. I just hope we're not let down big time again. No hot coordinator and no re-tred HC that hasn't been successful (Jauron, Haslett..etc).

COmpletely agree. I really hope it's a top notch candidate. We need that, if for nothing else, just to establish an air of credibility to the franchise again.

However, if one is not hired, I don't think it necessarily means Ralph didn't try or want to. We'll just have to hope and see what happens.

The fact that the Bills will wait until the season is over leads me to believe this is all BS hype.

Sadly, the Buffalo Bills can't compete with Dallas and Washington in any way shape or form mostly because they can't match the offers that Shanahan and Cower will get this off season.

I suspect it will go to a bidding war over those two and Buffalo simply can't afford to match their offers, I'm thinking 8-12 million a year range.

You have to figure that at least 7 head coaching changes will take place and the Bills will get the scraps as usual.

About the ONLY positive thoughts are that the Bills could hire a true football GM like Charlie Casserly, Michael Lombardi. Someone like Bill Polian who can bring in TOP talent every year. Who is smart enough to hire a head coach that can manage the game properly and teach his players to play smart.

A GM who is smart enough to hire assistant coaches that have experience and can implement new schemes as the Mike Martz offense and Tampa 2 defense are out dated and should be scrapped.

That's the problem, everyone seems to think the Bills (and all teams in all sports for that matter) are obligated to tell everyone exactly what their plans are. People are already complaining that we haven't signed someone yet and ripping the RW and the front office for it.

We as fans and media are owed nothing! If you don't like that, stop buying tickets and watching the games. Other than that, let them do their job.

I'm actually not being negative whatsoever, nor am I blaming anyone for what is about to happen. I would actually blame someone if they WERE being honest: it would be bad for business, bad for their team, bad for their contemporaries and especially bad for themselves.