How do we stack up against other teams

BeastMode54

So far Derek Fine, Derek Schouman, Brad Butler, Kawika Mitchell, Leodis McKelvin, Keith Ellison, Marcus Buggs are all out for the year. Whitner, Bell, McGee, Nelson, Poz, and Scott have all missed significant time. I understand this is a physical game, but this is getting ridiculous

So far Derek Fine, Derek Schouman, Brad Butler, Kawika Mitchell, Leodis McKelvin, Keith Ellison, Marcus Buggs are all out for the year. Whitner, Bell, McGee, Nelson, Poz, and Scott have all missed significant time. I understand this is a physical game, but this is getting ridiculous

Pretty much middle of the pack, as far as the #'s go...the lost starters weren't "wowing" the league, so to speak, anyways.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/injuries/pup

McGee has spent too much time taking up a roster spot without being able to suit up or get on the field. I'd try to peddle him during the off-season.

Pretty much middle of the pack, as far as the #'s go...the lost starters weren't "wowing" the league, so to speak, anyways.

McGee has spent too much time taking up a roster spot without being able to suit up or get on the field. I'd try to peddle him during the off-season.

After just signing an extension? Seems real likely...

What? I'm sure I read here that the coaching staff caused players to be hurt by not practicing outside, or was it the strength and conditioning coach? I've lost track as to who's to blame for this average amount of injuries.

Well we have the most players on IR in the NFL according to that list (15). HOWEVER only Mitchelle, Elison, Butler, McKelvin, and Schoulman were starters (Ellison and Schoulman weren't lighting it up) and 5 were put on IR before the season started. So yeah we have been hit by injuries but its not as drastic as it may seem on the surface.

To me the real issue with this team is that it wasn't deep and a high to medium amount of injuries exposed it. The D-line didn't have many quality backups on it, the linebacking core was starting a backup from the get go in Ellison and didn't have quality backups either. The secondary was the only part of the D that seemed to be at all deep.

I think that next season we need to get depth on the front 7 (As well as the offensive line). There were tons of veteran quality D-lineman available in the offseason (Vonnie Holiday, Kevin Carter types) but we were so set on salvaging guys like McCargo and Denny. Next year we need to find quality backups unless we want to keep going at this rate of failure.

We wouldn't be dead last in the league against the run if we had Stroud, Kyle Williams, Vonnie Holiday, and Kevin Carter as our DT's and had a guy like Donnie Edwards and signed Chris Draft at the beginning of the season. Parcels did this when he got to Miami and they were a lot more professional and better for it (They won the division last year as well).

What? I'm sure I read here that the coaching staff caused players to be hurt by not practicing outside, or was it the strength and conditioning coach? I've lost track as to who's to blame for this average amount of injuries.

You've just made my logical-posters-to-pay-attention-to list! :lol: