1. 1. Read A Bill On The Senate Floor

• Good Idea
    • Bad Idea

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good, when they do that and then filibuster, it will just remind voters that the 'Just Say No' Republican party is void of solutions.

As opposed to the "let's spend some more money we don't have on a 'solution' that doesn't even begin to address the issues" Democratic party? Yeah, big win either way.

Good, when they do that and then filibuster, it will just remind voters that the 'Just Say No' Republican party is void of solutions.

Hey Joe, Republicans have offered a number of ideas to reform health care. Some look like good common sense ideas. I would really challenge you to take a close look at the proposed health care reform and conclude for yourself even privately that what's proposed is a good solution, the best we can do. The right way to fix the system. Look at the real costs and how it's assembled.

I'd be surprised if you gave it an honest look and came to the conclusion that it's a good way to go. One that's worth the cost, what it adds to the deficit and the controls it will exert on businesses and individuals.

I would only support that if it meant reading every single Bill on the floor always, no matter what. Singling out this HC bill is juts another stall tactic, and nothing more.

Tell us why it shouldn't be stalled? It's 2000 pages of far reaching change and expense. Shouldn't it be closely studied? What do you like about it?

I would only support that if it meant reading every single Bill on the floor always, no matter what. Singling out this HC bill is juts another stall tactic, and nothing more.

This isn't a new rule. It can be used all the time. All you have to do is ask. Just like they're asking now.

Otherwise, what's your hurry to pass this bill? A trillion bucks and you're not curious what's in it? Don't you want to know the details? Don't you want to know how this is going to affect America?

No. Probably not. I'm communicating with a guy who is convinced that Democrats never lie.

On the other hand, Reid can pass it. He has majority, right? He doesn't need the GOP. Not like they've been included in this anyway. Kick ol' Harry an email to push it through. Tell you you want him to go nuclear.

C'mon, Harry. You can do it.

Come on guys, lets be realistic. A Senator has a nice sized staff to do these things. This is their job to write and vote on this bill. They know what's in it, and someone in their staff has read the whole thing and keeps up with it as it changes.

It's be pathetic if a Senator (or his staff) was not able to know everything that is in the bill.

LA, Ya... guess I can't really complain about this being read then. Like you said, any bill can be requested. We all know why it was requested, but whatever I suppose the sick and uninsured can wait a little longer.

Come on guys, lets be realistic. A Senator has a nice sized staff to do these things. This is their job to write and vote on this bill. They know what's in it, and someone in their staff has read the whole thing and keeps up with it as it changes.

It's be pathetic if a Senator (or his staff) was not able to know everything that is in the bill.

LA, Ya... guess I can't really complain about this being read then. Like you said, any bill can be requested. We all know why it was requested, but whatever I suppose the sick and uninsured can wait a little longer.

And those who work and pay those people's daily bills are wrong to expect someone to stick up for them? Your enemy: the productive class--sadly, no one is their savior but themselves.

How about answering the questions I left for you earlier?

No wasteful spending.

When was the last time EITHER party tackled that issue? The only difference is which interests the money is wasted on.

No bankrupting the country.

I missed where Bush and the Republican Congress reduced the deficit and debt, and didn't contribute to the problem. The CBO scored the latest Senate health plan, and The CBO estimates the proposal would reduce the federal deficit by about $130 billion over the next 10 years. But Republicans only point out the initial cost, not the fact that overall we end up saving money.

No government run health care.

A talking point fallacy regarding the current Senate proposal, unless you want to eliminate Medicare and Medicaid. A public option is not a mandate, if you don't want gov't run health care, then don't choose that OPTION.

No taking our freedoms.

You have the freedom to vote for whoever you prefer. Just because you can't get a majority of people to agree with you doesn't mean you've lost your freedom. You've just lost your argument.

Hey Joe, Republicans have offered a number of ideas to reform health care. Some look like good common sense ideas. I would really challenge you to take a close look at the proposed health care reform and conclude for yourself even privately that what's proposed is a good solution, the best we can do. The right way to fix the system. Look at the real costs and how it's assembled.

I'd be surprised if you gave it an honest look and came to the conclusion that it's a good way to go. One that's worth the cost, what it adds to the deficit and the controls it will exert on businesses and individuals.

The Republicans are not serious about health insurance reform, which is what this really is. If they were, they would have taken action when they had the White House and the Congress. What they offer now are some last minute plans so they can say they have something to cover their arses. They have no credibility on offering reform, because they never do it when they are in the majority.