(OT) Sears and K-Mart merge.

PIZ

I watched a special on PBS last night on Walmart and China.  Walmart is a disgusting company that I will never give business too.  89% of Walmart products are made in China.  Walmart sales give China between $15 and $30 billion annually.  Our trade deficit with China is staggering.  Each month we import $18 billion in products(mostly high tech, clothing, manufactured goods) from China and we export $3 billion a month(cotton, metal,etc).  Basically the USA is becoming a third world country and China is becoming an industrial giant.  There is only one company in the USA which still makes TVs.  This company decided to concentrate on highend TVs because they could not compete with the low end with China.  Well they are getting their asses kicked because China does not honor the Fair Trade act.  They intentionally devalue their currency aproximately 40% so their goods are cheaper.  They then sell their product below costs to run competitors out of business.  Which market is the American companys predominant in sales-Walmart.  The company could not compete and filed a lawsuit citing the Fair Trade act against China.  Walmart spent millions defending China.  Fug Walmart!  Support your local business!

122472[/snapback]

I watched that special, it'll definetly make me think twice before going into a Walmart again.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My question is this....

I think that inevitably Wall Mart is going to drive everyone else out...it is only a matter of time.

When they DO.....do they all of a sudden grow horns and mark everything up?

121847[/snapback]

You will be required to have '666' tatooed to the back of your neck to shop there, and they will be the only place left to shop.

We are doooooomed!