Would Jim Kelly Make a Good OC?

He has also stated multiple times that he would not have any interest in coaching unless it was a head coaching position.

All the more reason why these Kelly threads are always so annoying.

Every other ex-player has to work there way up the ladder to be head coach, but Kelly would expect to be anointed.

I doubt it. Coaches work much too hard for him to even want to be an offensive coordinator.

Yeah, remember when Dan Marino was hired to coach Miami? Quit like after the first week. That conversation went like this:

Dan, your hours are 8am to 12

Good, after 4 hours I can still hit the links

Uh Dan, that's 8am to midnight

I QUIT!!!

He still has the passion for Buffalo and I have always wanted to see him on the sidelines. Do you guys think he would be good?

MOVE ON! Looking at the past is what got us into this mess! Hire someone who's never been to Buffalo outside of the visiting sidelines! We need a NEW CULTURE! Not this myopic point of view, where every QB is Kelly, RB Thurm and DE Bruce! God some fans are so sad!!!!!!!!!!

Dan, your hours are 8am to 12

Good, after 4 hours I can still hit the links

Uh Dan, that's 8am to midnight

I QUIT!!!

Funny and probably not far from the truth. Coaching is a very demanding job. No way Kelly has the desire and patience to put in 14 hour days 7 days a week.

He still has the passion for Buffalo and I have always wanted to see him on the sidelines. Do you guys think he would be good?

NO. Kelly played on instinct.He was a naturally smart football player who would be driven crazy by the minutiae of playcalling and watching a QB with inferior talent to his try and carry out the gameplan.

All the more reason why these Kelly threads are always so annoying.

Every other ex-player has to work there way up the ladder to be head coach, but Kelly would expect to be anointed.

Well, Kelly would deserve to be anointed more than 95% of the other ex-players out there. I mean no other QB has taken their team to 4 straight super bowls. He is a HOF'er and he has earned that privilege I believe.

Well, Kelly would deserve to be anointed more than 95% of the other ex-players out there. I mean no other QB has taken their team to 4 straight super bowls. He is a HOF'er and he has earned that privilege I believe.

Sorry, he doesn't deserve to be anointed for being too damn lazy.

Kelly was a great Bill, but the complexity of the game has changed mightily since he was a QB in the league.

This, he was a great QB, he would make a great OC, is juvenile in my opinion, and is usually held by the Bills fans who think with emotion rather than a brain.

He has been out of the league since 1996 and has shown little evidence that he will willing to work at anything, much less the grind that is the life of a successful NFL coach.

Move on- the 1990's are over.

He has been out of the league since 1996 and has shown little evidence that he will willing to work at anything, much less the grind that is the life of a successful NFL coach.

Wow. You're an unbelievable ass. He's lazy? Are you freaking kidding me? Did you ever stop to think for one second WHY he wasn't going at the grind of the NFL coach, etc? He wasn't willing to work at anything?

You're a complete doughebag. He dealt with having a son with Krabbe disease. And he kind of built from the ground up the most successful foundation program of it's kind pertaining to the disease. What the hell have you ever done?

I am so sick and tired of seeing threads about Jim Kelly being a coach, week after week, month after month, year after year. He isnt interested!!! I wish these things would get shut down as fast as they spring up.

Then why did you click the link and take the time to reply. I am sorry you hate questions asking if Jim would be a good HC or OC.

By the way, what about as a QB coach?

Wow. You're an unbelievable ass. He's lazy? Are you freaking kidding me? Did you ever stop to think for one second WHY he wasn't going at the grind of the NFL coach, etc? He wasn't willing to work at anything?

You're a complete doughebag. He dealt with having a son with Krabbe disease. And he kind of built from the ground up the most successful foundation program of it's kind pertaining to the disease. What the hell have you ever done?

+1

Kelly not working in the NFL right now has nothing, I mean nothing to do with his son having Krabbe disease. :w00t:

I stand by what I said 100%- if Kelly is too lazy to work himself up the ladder the right way(see Jim Harbaugh at Stanford)

he needs to keep stay in the stands. If not in the stands ,he needs to hang out with all of his imaginary billionaire friends who plan on buying the Bills.