NO MEETING WITH SHANNY!

Frez

No, that's not exactly true.

Carucci's latest dated Nov. 19th says, "Shanahan likely to meet with Bills officials next week", Mike Shanahan has emerged as the Bills’ “No. 1 candidate” to become their full-time coach after the season, according to a source close to the team.

This is on top of his news note that "Bills haven’t asked for meeting with Shanahan" dated Nov 18th.

Bills | No meeting scheduled with Shanahan

Comment (0) Tweet me!

Wed, 18 Nov 2009 20:44:27 -0800

Contrary to a previous item, NFL.com reports the Buffalo Bills do not have a meeting scheduled with free-agent head coach Mike Shanahan (Broncos), according to chief operating/general manager Russ Brandon.

Interesting, given that their castoff Adam Schefter is standing by his report that contact with Shanny has been made and that he's interested in discussing the position(s) with Buffalo within the week...

I guess we'll know for sure very soon.

I think Brandon's answer was coy. He probably was giving a literal answer to the question, because he doesn't have a firm appointment date yet. JMO

I think Brandon's answer was coy. He probably was giving a literal answer to the question, because he doesn't have a firm appointment date yet. JMO

Yes. From Carucci, "The source said a meeting between Shanahan, Bills owner Ralph Wilson and Bills chief operating officer/general manager Russ Brandon, who is overseeing the hiring process, likely will take place next week."

Interesting, given that their castoff Adam Schefter is standing by his report that contact with Shanny has been made and that he's interested in discussing the position(s) with Buffalo within the week...

I guess we'll know for sure very soon.

And I will take Schefter's reports about Shannahan over any other journalist out there as the two wrote a book together, so it is highly likely Schefter spoke directly to Shannahan before reporting this.

And I will take Schefter's reports about Shannahan over any other journalist out there as the two wrote a book together, so it is highly likely Schefter spoke directly to Shannahan before reporting this.

Exactly...

You can bet Schefter talks to Shanahan directly...It's a safe bet... :thumbsup: