EXACTLY, my point all year on our.....

From the Buffalo News article today....

" It wasn't any great surprise when the Bills' defense came up small in New England. The Bills' gaudy defensive statistics are largely the result of nasty weather and even nastier opposing offenses. In the month before the loss to the Patriots, they fattened their numbers against Baltimore, Arizona and Miami, now the NFL's 30th-, 29th- and 27th-rated offenses."

Of course, add in Jacksonville's and Oakland's pathetic offense's and it's pretty easy to see that our defense is average to very slightly above average.

Not to mention the numerous choke jobs, and carving up by NE TWICE.

Jerry Gray is a joke and so was his contract extension.

God, our team is a mess!

Can't argue with that. They had really "sucked me into" believing they were a quality defense. Yeah, they are a great defense against crappy teams. For over 40 years I have tried to remain optimistic about the Bills... this is the worst I have felt about a team. They were quitters against New England and I can't stomach that. All this supposed talent cannot suck it up when it counts. All we're missing is Harvey Johnson.

Can't argue with that. They had really "sucked me into" believing they were a quality defense. Yeah, they are a great defense against crappy teams. For over 40 years I have tried to remain optimistic about the Bills... this is the worst I have felt about a team. They were quitters against New England and I can't stomach that. All this supposed talent cannot suck it up when it counts. All we're missing is Harvey Johnson.

121739[/snapback]

It just makes me sick to my stomach though that some people can't see this. They only see what they want to see, and just because we played ok against crap teams, they think everything is OK. Well, it's not. And it also sucks to have no 2nd half of a meaningful season to look forward to.

I'm starting to really doubt Donahoe. Maybe if we are lucky, Mack Brown will get canned and we can then ship Jerry Gray to UT.

Who knows, but our D is the biggest farce in the league!

the D would be much better if the O could score some points

121790[/snapback]

Point taken, but I still feel the D quit... just like everyone else on Sunday.

Every team we play will run some behomeths at Schoebel.

Our linebackers were nonexistent (I don't know where Fletcher got 11 tackles).

Other than an occassional burst from Adams, there was no intensity.

When our front 7 plays poorly, our deficiencies in the secondary are glaring.

We might continue to do ok against weak teams, but the elite will run over this defense... improved offense or not.

Lol.........when a defense is on the field for 2/3 of game it may have some representation as to what the offense is doing. Look at the first four series between the Pats and Bills. Bills allowed 6 points in the first 3 series. Then in the next two they allowed 14. You think this had anything to do with us having 5 combined offensive plays in those series?

A defense can only do so much folks.

Defense??? What defense? What a myth? I don't care what their rank is... here is what is "rank" and stenches.... when the Bills play any team with an offense ranked in the top 15, they have trouble.

witness...

JAX 15th L

OAK 21st L

NE 10th L

NY 11th L

MIA 26th W

BAL 29th L

ARI 28th W

NY 11th W

NE 10th L

They barely missed getting knocked off by the Jets 2 weeks ago. Sunday they face the Rams... #6 in offense. Again, the Bills D gets a lucky breeak... winds are supposed to be 17 MPH with gusts to 34 MPH... which of course, grounds the Rams passing game... If Sunday is just a normal day with 10-15 MPH winds, the Rams shread the Bills... no contest. Since the Rams D stinks, handing the ball to McGahee 40 times keeps the Rams offense off the field.

The bottom line: McGahee is the bills best defensive player

Having a top-ranked defense is sometimes misleading. Statistically, teams with bad offenses have disporportionately good defenses, since opponents play conservatively. Conversely, teams with good offenses have statistically bad defenses, since their opponents are playing catchup.

Look at the top ten defenses:

1. 8-1 Pittsburgh

2. 3-6 Washington

3. 6-3 Denver

4. 6-3 Baltimore

5. 3-6 Buffalo

6. 3-6 Tampa Bay

7. 1-8 Miami

8. 5-4 Giants

9. 6-3 Jets

10. 3-6 Tennessee

Half of the top 10 defenses have losing records, and the over all record is just below .500.