Shanhan to meet with Bills next week-per Vic Carucci

Per Rotoworld

NFL.com's Vic Carucci reports that the Bills will meet with former Broncos head coach Mike Shanahan next week.

Carucci confirms that Shanahan is Buffalo's "No. 1" head coaching target. The meeting will involve owner Ralph Wilson and COO/GM Russ Brandon, who Shanahan would probably give a pink slip to if he's hired. It's well known that Shanahan wants full control of football operations, even if taking on such responsibilities didn't work out towards the end of his Broncos stint. Wilson is reportedly willing to offer The Mastermind any amount of salary to take the job.

Per Rotoworld

NFL.com's Vic Carucci reports that the Bills will meet with former Broncos head coach Mike Shanahan next week.

Carucci confirms that Shanahan is Buffalo's "No. 1" head coaching target. The meeting will involve owner Ralph Wilson and COO/GM Russ Brandon, who Shanahan would probably give a pink slip to if he's hired. It's well known that Shanahan wants full control of football operations, even if taking on such responsibilities didn't work out towards the end of his Broncos stint. Wilson is reportedly willing to offer The Mastermind any amount of salary to take the job.

:thumbsup:

Per Rotoworld

I don't understand why people think Brandon was making football decisions. He's a marketing guy and he will contiunue to be one if Shanahan or whoever comes on board. Think about it. Why would Brandon be interviewing a guy to replace him?

PTR

Guest dog14787
I don't understand why people think Brandon was making football decisions. He's a marketing guy and he will contiunue to be one if Shanahan or whoever comes on board. Think about it. Why would Brandon be interviewing a guy to replace him?

PTR

Folks just think that Brandon was the closest thing to a GM we had and someone deserves credit.

T.O.'s a joke, stubbed toe, hurt hip, (doesn't want to practice) and lets throw another QB under the bus, maybe try to pave Michael Vicks way into Buffalo who knows. Then the completely revamped O-line, promoting another OC from within, allowing another developing QB to get mishandled.

Someone needs to take credit, this isn't all on DJ.

I'll grant people Shanahan's questionable personel skills.

But the man is the best football scheme creater on the market IMO

I'll agree the guy is an offensive genius, and a has no insight into a defensive scheme whatsoever.

It was the defense that failed him his last season in Denver, they were last in almost every category. Kinda makes you wonder how Mike Nolan turned around that defense so quickly this year.

He says that he's the No.1 coaching target, so are they still going to interview Gilbride, Haslett & Trestman?

I wouldn't be surprised if this was all smoked being blown OUR (the fans) way...and in the end, we end up with somebody of that stature. Jim Haslett, Ted Cotrell...or Ralph thinking the CFL is his savior again, Trestman.

They will interview a bunch of high-priced, big name guys...then settle on a no-name, washed-up has-been.

Do ya gotta be a smartass about it though? :thumbsup:

here is the article. Also says cowher is high on the list, and shanahan may prefer buffalo over washington because of the low maintenance situation and favorable salary cap situation. take it for what it is worth

http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/11/19/shanahan-l...ials-next-week/

“This is his (Wilson’s) last coach and (he) is going to do everything it takes to get it right,” the source said of the 91-year-old owner.

THAT SAYS EVERYTHING...that I just posted about in another thread...that is OUR HOPE!

This is it...he wants to get it right = HE WILL SPEND THE DOUGH!

(AGAIN though, I would not be "surprised" (but highly PI$$ED) if they are blowing smoke and get a lesser-known guy)

I wouldn't be surprised if this was all smoked being blown OUR (the fans) way...and in the end, we end up with somebody of that stature. Jim Haslett, Ted Cotrell...or Ralph thinking the CFL is his savior again, Trestman.

They will interview a bunch of high-priced, big name guys...then settle on a no-name, washed-up has-been.

Do ya gotta be a smartass about it though? :thumbsup:

I do'nt mean to be. Believe me I want the very best for the Bills. I think it's great that they are pursuing Shanahan, but right now it's all talk.

So I'm reserving my excitement until I see someone signed.

IF this is true, and I have every reason to believe it is given Schefter's closeness to Shanahan, it's one of the best things that has happened to this franchise since making Super Bowl XXVIII. Shanahan has the credibility and track record to win. Other than Cowher, which is a pipe dream, I don't think there's another coach I'd rather have.

IF this is true, and I have every reason to believe it is given Schefter's closeness to Shanahan, it's one of the best things that has happened to this franchise since making Super Bowl XXVIII. Shanahan has the credibility and track record to win. Other than Cowher, which is a pipe dream, I don't think there's another coach I'd rather have.

But, but...what about...Mike Leach and his sword swinging and his inner- :wallbash: ? :thumbsup:

Guest dog14787
here is the article. Also says cowher is high on the list, and shanahan may prefer buffalo over washington because of the low maintenance situation and favorable salary cap situation. take it for what it is worth

http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/11/19/shanahan-l...ials-next-week/

Wow, actually willing to spend the $$$$$ on Cowher, now that's saying something. Not that Shanahan would come cheap by any means, but Cowher would probably demand allot more money and want complete control. Just the thought of cowher coaching the Bills makes me giddy and He's a Bill already, hes named after the team.

“This is his (Wilson’s) last coach and (he) is going to do everything it takes to get it right,” the source said of the 91-year-old owner.

THAT SAYS EVERYTHING...that I just posted about in another thread...that is OUR HOPE!

This is it...he wants to get it right = HE WILL SPEND THE DOUGH!

(AGAIN though, I would not be "surprised" (but highly PI$$ED) if they are blowing smoke and get a lesser-known guy)

The question is whether or not Ralphie is willing to move to the generic brand of prune juice. Sunsweet is pretty damn good.